talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round 03: China

football forum

1 minute ago, nudge said:

For me it was a racing incident and the penalty seems harsh. Kvyat seemed to have a bit of oversteer; Sainz was sliding all over the turn as well and seemed to have bumped Kvyat; Norris went off wide and got hit when he was rejoining the track. Don't think it was anyone's fault really.

It was harsh, did they consider where the collision happened? A long tight bend with cars side by side. 

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
4 minutes ago, MUFC said:

If Lewis's nearest rival for the title is Bottas then not good. What do you all think of Bottas? I'm not saying he is shit but isn't great either. For me he is a flash in the pan driver, will do a steady job but now and then pulls out an exceptional performance. One reason why he will struggle to challenge in my opinion, is that in my opinion he is better defending a lead opposed to hunting drivers down. If you are hard to overtake, but can't catch drivers ahead, you need to be on pole most of the time, Bottas isn't quick enough to do this.

Personally I thought last season in Bahrain, when he was hunting down Vettel, he should have overtaken him with laps to spare. But he wasn't ruthless enough and seemed happy to come second, after a half-hearted attack on the last lap.

You pretty much summed it up I think. He is not a bad driver but definitely lacks the "ruthlesness" and the edge to make bold and potentially risky decisions and just tries to play it (too) safe. Like today with Leclerc - Bottas was faster but looked too indecisive as if he had doubts and it took him way too long to overtake Charles. 

That said, all that also makes him perfect as the second driver and I think he's perfect for Mercedes at this moment.

• The topic was unpinned
2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

How was your first race @Eco?

Well - I wasn't able to wake up early enough to watch it live, but JUST finished the replay. 

It was good. Pretty boring race as no one was able to come anywhere close to where Mercedes was. The double stack pit stop was absolutely immense, though.

This reminded me of when Juventus had to play in Serie B...xD

I will have to learn about DRS and what that is, new term that looks like a turbo boost, but not sure when you can use it and how often. 

Pretty solid race though. 

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Eco said:

I will have to learn about DRS and what that is, new term that looks like a turbo boost, but not sure when you can use it and how often. 

Drag Reduction System.

Certain areas on each race-track where DRS can be activated. If I'm right in thinking, when you're behind a car in that area on the track, you have to be within 1 second of the car in front to be able to activate it. Meant to enhance over-taking opportunities by the rear-wing flap being 'opened up'. This reduces the drag as the car speeds along.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, nudge said:

The best analysis of the Sainz-Kvyat-Norris collision.

https://streamable.com/izwmo

Agreed.

Clear and concise whether you're an expert or not and I agree as well it was just a racing incident. There's so much going on it's hard to pin blame on any one party for it all. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Agreed.

Clear and concise whether you're an expert or not and I agree as well it was just a racing incident. There's so much going on it's hard to pin blame on any one party for it all. 

Yeah, the likes of Rosberg seemed to suggest that Kvyat got penalised because of his reputation as "there’s the history of Daniel Kvyat messing up quite a lot" and for me that's just ridiculous; they shouldn't punish someone for a racing incident just because he might have been guilty of something in the past. Unfair.

• Subscriber

Had to watch this on record this evening so can't be arsed reading all the mid race patter. My take on today:

- Mercedes absolutely spanking Ferrari already, the latter conspiring to make Merc's lives as easy as possible and give Verstappen a sniff of 4th. Embarrassing.

- Gasly is out if his depth.

- Kvyat is a liability and a waste of a place on the grid.

- I can't make any sense of the midfield. Alfa Romeo are the only team consistent in all quali and race sessions with Kimi doing well and Giovinazzi being pretty shit.

- Haas have horrid race pace and it's a big problem for them.

3 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

- Kvyat is a liability and a waste of a place on the grid.

I've always respected and agreed with everything you posted about Formula 1, until now :ph34r:

• Administrator
12 hours ago, Tommy said:

Lance pressed radio instead of energy? xD

When Raikkonen says 'he nearly hit me' he sounds like an upset child who's just had his toys taken away about to cry xD

Stroll is Stroll. Seems out of his depth. 

Archived