talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 2-0 Cardiff - Wednesday 3rd April, 2019

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 19.45

Live on Sky Sports

1200px-Manchester_City_FC_badge.svg.png     VS     1200px-Cardiff_City_crest.svg.png

Head to Head
Cardiff 0-5 Man City
Cardiff 0-2 Man City (FA Cup)
Man City 4-2 Cardiff
Cardiff 3-2 Man City

Recent Form
Man City -  WWWWW
Cardiff - LWLLL

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Warnock literally said in his press conference that he's not arsed about this game, will be 3-0 City at HT and they'll both coast it home.

Nice to know our competitors for the title aren't getting an easy ride :coffee:

2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Warnock literally said in his press conference that he's not arsed about this game, will be 3-0 City at HT and they'll both coast it home.

I can understand it in a way. He's basically saying we're not gonna get anything so just come out with no injuries. Not necessarily right but I get it.

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

6-0, of which three will be penalties that should never have been given, three offside goals and one from open play. 

I'm aware that there's one extra but the ref will have forgotten how to count and give an extra goal anyway. 

That's one less goal that would be 7.0

9 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I can understand it in a way. He's basically saying we're not gonna get anything so just come out with no injuries. Not necessarily right but I get it.

It's not understandable at all really. They're five points off safety. They're in no position to be throwing their game in hand.

This is the second of a long stretch of games for City. Twice a week as far as the eye can see....

Squad rotation will be important with the FA cup and CL ties coming up next....

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

It's not understandable at all really. They're five points off safety. They're in no position to be throwing their game in hand.

This is true. If you look at their fixture list of games left its not like they are swimming in opportunities to get points (maybe Fulham with some assurity) but they won't win on the day and maybe Warnock has already resigned to the idea that his team isn't going to beat City. I hope he thinks the same when they play us and lets us beat them 11-0.

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

This.

If Warnock is being serious with what he said (which I very much doubt) then he's a coward and a muppet. Yes, it's very unlikely they will get a win or even a point but you're fighting for your fucking safety, you have to put everything on the line all the time as this point. 

• Administrator

Yeah I find it odd as well considering they don't even have a game on Saturday either. Not like they need to rest any players for a game at the weekend. 

Finally revenge for Fulham in 2007, when Liverpool dropped all their players and buoyed Fulham, wo won and stayed up at Warnock's Sheffield United's expense? I can imagine Warnock holding grudges like that.

Realistically this was never going be a game which gave Manchester City many problems.

Cardiff were never going to beat Citeh anyways, so regardless of how much Cardiff are up for it (or not) I can't see them getting a result here. And I think the weekend has pretty much deflated that side for the rest of their league campaign.

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Finally revenge for Fulham in 2007, when Liverpool dropped all their players and buoyed Fulham, wo won and stayed up at Warnock's Sheffield United's expense? I can imagine Warnock holding grudges like that.

Realistically this was never going be a game which gave Manchester City many problems.

He's defo still bitter about that. Conveniently forgets that Liverpool rested players against Sheffield United on the opening day that season because it was before a Champions League qualifier though.

I actually feel a bit bad for Warnock this season. He's about to get sanctioned for his stare down and comments about the abysmal refereeing, which I think is a joke because we all watched the man and his side get robbed on live TV.

• Subscriber

Fining Warnock for his comments only maintains the us v them mentality that's been forged between managers and officials. It gradually builds it up.

Warnock didn't say a single thing that anyone sensible disagreed with yet he'll almost certainly be fined. It's farcical.

• Subscriber

Fining them for a weakened side as well is a disgrace. I'm sure they'll do it because they have before. It happened with Holloway and Blackpool. How can you fine a team for something that is based on opinion?

24 minutes ago, Dan said:

Fining them for a weakened side as well is a disgrace. I'm sure they'll do it because they have before. It happened with Holloway and Blackpool. How can you fine a team for something that is based on opinion?

If they field a weakened side and then win... do they still get fined?

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If they field a weakened side and then win... do they still get fined?

I'd imagine so.

I just don't know how you enforce that fine. Holloway went ballistic about it and he had a good case. He was picking his players and got fined for it. Dodgy precedent to set if you're dropping fines for something that is ultimately down to opinion. The Leeds spygate fine recently another one - fined for something that was deemed 'ungentlemanly'.

• The title was changed to Man City 2-0 Cardiff - Wednesday 3rd April, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived