Zagadou
Diallo
Witsel
Delaney
Sancho
Dahoud
Reus    

3-0. Ok I'm switching off. 

Brutal. Not a competitive game in the slightest, and it honestly feels remarkable Bayern have scored just 3 and not 5 or 6. 

And there's nothing special about Bayern in the slightest. 

It's a very bad time for the league right now. 

The thing is, it's fair enough that with their resources, nobody can touch Bayern when they're doing well. And they've been excellent for 6-7 years. 

But the really disturbing thing is that Bayern are at a point where almost all of their key figures from their best modern team are gone or past their prime, and nobody has been there to capitalise. 

And come next season they will have already gotten over their biggest issues: Kovacs's lack of authority and their lack of pace in defence. 

2 hours ago, Rick said:

This sort of reaction is just a tad ridiculous considering you were a die hard fan not five minutes ago 🙄

Fan based on what? I chose them as a teenager because they were successful. I now support my home team, the team from the city I was born in, the team I first supported as kid. I still have the old shirts. I know you can all laugh, or react to it from Australia, from someone with a gypsy last name, who claims his father was German, or a Liverpool supported from West Workshire. I regret that I chose BVB as my team one day, I truly do. I was a confused kid. My parents didn't like football. So at first I supported Fortuna Düsseldorf. Then all of the other kids around my supported Borussia Dortmund, and I thought that's the way to go. So I stuck with it, until I became deluded with football altogether. Then 10 years or so later Fredi Bobic who I really liked at the time played for Dortmund, so I kind of followed them, and it stuck with me. But I have never had a real relation to the city of Dortmund. I know maybe 2-3 streets there, that's it. I was born, and raised in Düsseldorf. I can show you every nook and cranny here, I can give you a lovely tour if you want to. And that is, as I have learned, identification. And in modern football, that is something that has been lost. Every Premier League club is owned by some American, Russian, or whatever Billionaire. Even in Germany we got Red Bull, Hoffenheim etc. now, which makes it so much more important to support the teams that are YOU, your roots, something you can identify with, your home. It feels good. I hope you learn to appreciate that feeling some day too. 

42 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Fan based on what? I chose them as a teenager because they were successful. I now support my home team, the team from the city I was born in, the team I first supported as kid. I still have the old shirts. I know you can all laugh, or react to it from Australia, from someone with a gypsy last name, who claims his father was German, or a Liverpool supported from West Workshire. I regret that I chose BVB as my team one day, I truly do. I was a confused kid. My parents didn't like football. So at first I supported Fortuna Düsseldorf. Then all of the other kids around my supported Borussia Dortmund, and I thought that's the way to go. So I stuck with it, until I became deluded with football altogether. Then 10 years or so later Fredi Bobic who I really liked at the time played for Dortmund, so I kind of followed them, and it stuck with me. But I have never had a real relation to the city of Dortmund. I know maybe 2-3 streets there, that's it. I was born, and raised in Düsseldorf. I can show you every nook and cranny here, I can give you a lovely tour if you want to. And that is, as I have learned, identification. And in modern football, that is something that has been lost. Every Premier League club is owned by some American, Russian, or whatever Billionaire. Even in Germany we got Red Bull, Hoffenheim etc. now, which makes it so much more important to support the teams that are YOU, your roots, something you can identify with, your home. It feels good. I hope you learn to appreciate that feeling some day too. 

Image result for rattled gif

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

This. 

Who gives a shit. You do you, sir. 

• The title was changed to FC Bayern München 5-0 Borussia Dortmund - Saturday 6th April, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived