• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Comic Books & Graphic Novels

football forum

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Recently started plugging some gaps in my collection... This arrived today

IMG_1684.PNG?v=1568914168

Very nice of you to make sure the collection is full before you hand it over to me! :P

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Rare Superman comic sells for record $3.25m

download.thumb.png.29424bfef7bd37ac5bfae2439d728c35.png

A rare edition of a comic in which Superman made his first-ever appearance has sold for a record $3.25 million (£2.8m).

It means the issue of Action Comics #1, which sold for 10 cents when it was released in 1938, is the world's most valuable comic book.

The comic includes the story of Superman's origins and is considered to be the start of the superhero genre.

It is thought only around 100 copies of the comic still exist.

This particular copy was "buried in a stack of old 1930s movie magazines" and was in mint condition, online auction house ComicConnect.com said in a statement.

The comic explains how Superman came to earth from another planet and went on to become Clark Kent.

It "really is the beginning of the superhero genre", said ComicConnect.com co-owner, Vincent Zurzolo, who brokered the sale. Hundreds of thousands of copies of the magazine were printed in 1938, he added.

The seller made a $1m profit on the comic after owning it for just three years. The anonymous buyer is "relatively new to comic investing", the statement said.

A different copy of the issue sold for $3.2m on eBay in 2014.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56669924

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Started reading Infinite Dark today...

746767._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

"The universe ended, but onboard the void station Orpheus, a skeleton crew of humanity survived: the last two thousand souls, waiting for a second big bang that may never come. Now, two years into their voyage, Security Director Deva Karrell investigates the station’s first murder—and the otherworldly motives behind it."

Feels like a sci-fi horror of sorts... Just finished the first issue, find the concept very intriguing.

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...
  • Subscriber
20 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Started buying this a few months ago... I can only describe it as the English version of Heavy Metal... not quite as in depth as HM but various artists getting opportunities to showcase their work and it's still in it's infancy so not too bad... 

image.png.5b4f881d24b597ca9c0155f940fbb8f3.png

This looks great... Just checking their website, looks like they release it as "anthology series", and then also some standalone issues of a single story. Good stuff. Have you got all of them? Any particularly good stories?

3 hours ago, nudge said:

This looks great... Just checking their website, looks like they release it as "anthology series", and then also some standalone issues of a single story. Good stuff. Have you got all of them? Any particularly good stories?

Got them all. but not read any of them yet... I got the first one out of idle curiosity as it was on the shelf at my local newsagents, liked it and thought I would stick with it and at some point I will have a binge read.. :D

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Just purchased this... Heavy Metal's 'Court of the Dead' cover

eedb5d8b2237fe820d7b999ac39e185d.jpg

They ran 3 different covers for this... these are the other two

http://www.heavymetal.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/HM_278_001_TOM_WOOD_SUBSCRBR_CVR_VAR-759x1024.jpg

http://www.heavymetal.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/HM_278_001_COTD_CVR_WRAP_full.jpg

I want them all.... 

Which one do you like best?

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Should I be reading Heavy Metal comics?

I like metal as a music genre and the art in those looks absolutely fucking phenomenal.

Issue 295 would be perfect for you... Music Special

image.thumb.png.84dc909fb675b5788a96089af16fe6db.png

‘Heavy Metal’ has a music festival worthy line-up of song adaptations coming your way! SLIPKNOT’s first appearance in the magazine. Megadeth’s ‘The Skull Beneath The Skin’ written by Tim Seeley. Mastodon get otherworldly with a story written and illustrated by Realm creator, Jeremy Haun. Tenacious D’s ‘Metal’ is coming in hot from God Hates Astronuats creator, Ryan Browne. Alex De Campi & Tony Parker bring you Amon Amarth’s ‘Berserker.’ Other adaptations of Def Leppard, Judas Priest, Code Orange, High on Fire, Ho99o9, Evanescence, and more! Two original stories, one by Metalocalypse creator, Brendon Small & Joe Satriani and a crazy ‘Heavy Metal’ demon comedy fest from Dan Fogler, Burney aka Batdog and Justin Mohlman, The Ghoul Screamer.

We’re very pleased to announce that we have a story in the brand new Heavy Metal Music Special based on Def Leppard’s 80s classic HysteriaArt (see preview page below) comes courtesy of Simeon Ashton.

HEAVY_METAL_295_Preview-toc-700x951.jpg?resize=640%2C869

Strips based on Metal songs... B|

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Upvote 1

• 5 months later...
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, BernardTerry said:

I am 23 years old this year, but I can't give up comic books

Welcome to TF365 buddy, you should tell us a little bit about youself in here Introductions

Other than that I think we are all kids at heart and still love reading comic books etc, my favourites when I was a kid was the Beano and the Dandy.

Keep posting.

0dc065e9cd6919024dd7613757f8de8a.jpg

Edited by CaaC (John)
Spacing

• 2 weeks later...