talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Clubs in Crisis

On 25/08/2019 at 07:44, Hugh Stanley said:

This might sound like something of a cliche but, football in the lower leagues really is the lifeblood of the game in these shores.  Big names within the game, including many on national television, are saying what a shame it is that clubs like Bury and Bolton find themselves in their current situations.  But, I don't see any concrete offers of help and possible solutions offered.  Could not a ruling be introduced so that every full time player in the EFL has just 5% of their salary put into a "Safety Holding Fund" that would be administered by an independent board [ National Football Supporters Association ? ] who would have the authority to actually offer financial assistance to clubs in need.  I think the EFL also need to seriously overhaul it's own vetting procedures in terms of accepting new club owners.

Final thought, or Pipedream, wouldn't it be great if some of he over paid and over hyped Premier League "Stars" actually made donations to troubled teams such as Bury, Bolton, Macclesfield and Notts County.  We can only dream . . . . . 

Unfortunately, while your solution is steeped in goodwill, all that would happen in any kind of 'failsafe' scenario is the allowance for more clubs down the ladder to overspend in an effort to remain competitive. 

The sport's entire system is broken. But then, so is the global banking system, and even then, all we choose to do is write absent tweets that say #99%. Nothing will change in football for now.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
32 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

That could be all she wrote :(.

Further to that...

Quote.thumb.png.ded8148025ed4721d1a6c3b442824653.png

Bury takeover: C&N Sporting Risk 'unable to proceed' with a bid for League One club

The company which was attempting to buy Bury Football Club, C&N Sporting Risk, says it is "unable to proceed" with its takeover of the League One club.

Bury, who had been given until 17:00 BST on Tuesday to complete the deal, now face expulsion from the English Football League.

The Shakers would become the first team to drop out of the EFL since Maidstone's liquidation in 1992.

The EFL said it "continues to be in discussions" ahead of the deadline.

"The league announced at the weekend that it was working exclusively with the club and C&N in an attempt to finalise a change of control at the club," the governing body said in a statement.

"However, following a period of due diligence, C&N has opted not to progress matters.

"The league continues to be in discussions with Bury FC in advance of today's 5 pm deadline and will provide a further update as appropriate."

FULL REPORT

Sky treating the very existences of two clubs with approximately 280 years of history and six FA Cup’s between them like Transfer Deadline Day with countdown clocks on the screen is crass, insensitive and as stupid as you could possibly get. All they need now is Jim White in a yellow tie. 

Just now, Pyfish said:

Fucking disgusting from Sky Sports. Running a countdown all afternoon!

I know @Smiley Culture mentioned it earlier but hadn't seen it myself.

On another note, did anyone else catch the pissy reporter (after someone tried to jump in front of the camera) outside Bolton's stadium saying that 'we're trying to help your club'? 

Bit laughable considering the above. 

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

Sky treating the very existences of two clubs with approximately 280 years of history and six FA Cup’s between them like Transfer Deadline Day with countdown clocks on the screen is crass, insensitive and as stupid as you could possibly get. All they need now is Jim White in a yellow tie. 

Didn't see it personally but have seen the screenshots on Twitter and the associated backlash. I absolutely despise Sky. Whilst the likes of Transfer Deadline Day is oberblown hyperbolic nonsense this is just downright disgraceful. Two teams laden with history, hundreds of people who dependent on them for a living and tend of thousands of fans over the past 150 years who would die for them; reduced to a clock being counted down like a pisshead at New Year with all the eagerness a lawyer chases an ambulence. Fuck that, fuck shithawks like Jim White but most importantly fuck every last ounce of Sky Sports and all it stands for. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

Would surprise if me if it was anybody else but they are for me now on a par with the absolute gutter press of the world. They are finished as a serious news broadcaster in sporting terms at least. Amazed that people watch SSN anymore.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I know @Smiley Culture mentioned it earlier but hadn't seen it myself.

On another note, did anyone else catch the pissy reporter (after someone tried to jump in front of the camera) outside Bolton's stadium saying that 'we're trying to help your club'? 

Bit laughable considering the above. 

Should've been run out of the area. Certainly would've been if it was my own club.

Two very different sets of emotions on show at Bolton and Bury. 

Bolton seemed to be a party if you will, admittedly it was largely kids who were laughing and dancing behind Sky cameras like it was Transfer Deadline Day 2010 all over again but you’d have thought someone would have moved them on for being knobheads. At Bury, there was genuine sadness and tears. 

• Administrator

Just seen some of the stuff on SSN that you guys have been talking about. Utterly embarrassing. 

How do they get away with it? Can get the transfer window shite they peddle out twice a season to pander to the boring fuckers that watch it. Today far overstepped the mark though. Not sure how they thought it would go down well.

58 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

So if Bolton and bury get chucked out the league is that the end of them or do they just play non league?

In their current guises, they’ll cease to exist. However, I imagine both sets of fans will form Phoenix clubs that will join the non-league pyramid. 

• Subscriber

Heard a few of Dales interviews today and the bloke really couldn’t give a flying fuck. I was shocked to hear some of the shit he was coming out with.

Sad times for Bury and for football tonight!

7 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

I don’t think a club being a bit shit is comparable to Bolton or Bury’s situations. 

To be honest, Stoke are the next club I'd fear for. Genuinely. How long are the Coates family going to keep ploughing money into an unsustainable club? What kind of charlatan /banned Director would be allowed to walk in an strip the club's assets if they decided to sell up?

Eddie Davies turned off the money tap around 3 years ago... Look where we are now. 

6 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Two very different sets of emotions on show at Bolton and Bury. 

Bolton seemed to be a party if you will, admittedly it was largely kids who were laughing and dancing behind Sky cameras like it was Transfer Deadline Day 2010 all over again but you’d have thought someone would have moved them on for being knobheads. At Bury, there was genuine sadness and tears. 

We've got a massive set of pillocks who support this club. STILL, people are talking about liquidation as being a good thing and are slating FV for not completing the purchase yet - they simply do not understand what that word means. No players, no stadium, no staff, no history, no BWFC. NOTHING. 

And these loons see it all as a big fucking joke. 

• The title was changed to EFL Clubs in Crisis

Archived