Port Vale vs Crewe
Swindon vs Yeovil

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Bolton game in doubt due to 'IT concerns'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47831444

Bolton's Championship game with Ipswich on Saturday is in doubt for the second time this week because of a "critical IT failure" at their ground.

A club statement said engineers "will be working through the night to resolve the issue".

BBC Radio Manchester reported earlier on Friday that fans had found issues buying tickets and contacting the club.

It was only confirmed on Thursday that Bolton's home games on Saturday and Tuesday would go ahead as scheduled.

On 2 April, the Safety Advisory Group (SAG) issued a ban on fans entering the University of Bolton Stadium for the matches against Ipswich and Middlesbrough over safety concerns.

There was a possibility they could be played behind closed doors, before the region's SAG was satisfied that adequate safety provision would be in place for both matches.

It was the second time in as many months the SAG had highlighted concerns over safety at the University of Bolton Stadium, with the game against Millwall on 9 March eventually given the green light three days before.

Staff have been paid late over the past two months, with owner Ken Anderson looking to sell the club.

Ex-Watford owner Laurence Bassini has said he is "very close" to taking over at Bolton, who are 23rd in the Championship.

The club appeared in the High Court on Wednesday over an unpaid tax bill and Bassini was reported to be present.

5 hours ago, Eco said:

I'll head over and see what I can do...

Not sure of the conversion rate these days, but if you've got a spare £20m or so, that might help us more?

A plus point for tomorrow is that our relegation 'rivals' all have very tricky games, so there's potential to catch up.

Oh, who am I kidding? 😂 It's irrelevant.

50 minutes ago, StefBWFC said:

Not sure of the conversion rate these days, but if you've got a spare £20m or so, that might help us more?

A plus point for tomorrow is that our relegation 'rivals' all have very tricky games, so there's potential to catch up.

Oh, who am I kidding? 😂 It's irrelevant.

I can alwasy ask @Harvsky for a raise. 

9 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

6 defeats in a row for Boro. 

They must be thanking their lucky stars they're playing us on Tuesday. 

What an abject, embarrassing shower of shit that was today. Made Ipswich look unplayable at times. Fully back them to lose out to us for the wooden spoon.

QPR 7 straight defeats. We roll up and lose.

Birmingham 5 straight defeats, we roll up and lose.

Why always us?

Doomed to this league I tell you. Never getting out of here as long as we have a hole in our arse.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

QPR 7 straight defeats. We roll up and lose.

Birmingham 5 straight defeats, we roll up and lose.

Why always us?

Doomed to this league I tell you. Never getting out of here as long as we have a hole in our arse.

I think the lack of ability to score is what’s crippling you now, you just seem to be setting yourselves mountains to climb every game 

Massive result for Pompey today. 

Luton losing, Barnsley drawing, means that it's a little closer at the top. Sunderland also won which means for the coveted #2 spot, is Barnsley (79), Sunderland (79), Portsmouth (77)

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Eco said:

Massive result for Pompey today. 

Luton losing, Barnsley drawing, means that it's a little closer at the top. Sunderland also won which means for the coveted #2 spot, is Barnsley (79), Sunderland (79), Portsmouth (77)

Luton drew in the end! 

Late equaliser but they'll be missing their top scorer James Collins as he got sent off. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived