talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup Semi-Final - Watford aet3-2 Wolves - Sunday 7th April, 2019

football forum

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Disappointing given Wolves won’t roll over against City. Which I fully expect from Watford imo

Yeah Watford's record against City is terrible. 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Traore must be one of the worst players to 'grace' the Premier League given the side that he plays in. For a winger, all he actually has is speed and a stepover. Can't cross for shit.

• The title was changed to FA Cup Semi-Final - Watford aet3-2 Wolves - Sunday 7th April, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber

Good pace to this game and it's a shame Wolves called on those substitutions when they did because it made the attack a lot harder to get going once Watford got back into it. Also, is it my imagination or has Troy Deeney done this before with another team in a playoff in late extra-time? Leicester I am thinking but I could be wrong.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Good pace to this game and it's a shame Wolves called on those substitutions when they did because it made the attack a lot harder to get going once Watford got back into it. Also, is it my imagination or has Troy Deeney done this before with another team in a playoff in late extra-time? Leicester I am thinking but I could be wrong.

Yep. 2012/13 season.

Knockaert missed a penalty, Watford went up the other end and scored a goal to send them through to play-offs.

Great day.

27 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Disappointing given Wolves won’t roll over against City. Which I fully expect from Watford imo

I don't.

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

What's your point?

I'm saying from Wolves' point of view, even though they threw away their 2-0 lead, the mask was still nice. Wasn't saying there was nothing else good about the game from a neutral point of view.

Just now, 6666 said:

I'm saying from Wolves' point of view, even though they threw away their 2-0 lead, the mask was still nice. Wasn't saying there was nothing else good about the game from a neutral point of view.

Fair enough

4 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Wanted Wolves to win but I’ve since seen multiple videos of them singing anti Villa songs when they’re in an FA Cup semi final so I’m glad they’ve fucked it, Tinpot!

In a way you could take it as a compliment. If you were a tinpot club they wouldn't be worried about you. I can't see villa fans singing songs about them

• Subscriber

That's one of the games of the season for me and I had a feeling it would be. I found it a refreshing encounter where the game was played by two sides who truly appreciated being there - often I find when you get two top six games play these sorts of ties there won't be that same passion simply as they'll have bigger fish to fry. This one was different.

They're both decent sides but Wolves will be absolutely sick at that. I'd have fancied them to see that out comfortably from the position they were in.

Watford keep delivering when nobody fancies them to. They are clearly quite a good team with a lot of decent, and I think under-rated players.

Selfishly, for us I think that's the ideal result if we want to get into the Europa League as I can't see Man City not winning that final. Wolves give the top teams problems but Watford rarely seem to.

• Subscriber

Deeney is excellent. 99% of players you hear nowadays you feel like they're robots trained to say every word they come out with. Deeney's in the 1%. Refreshing.

12 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

In a way you could take it as a compliment. If you were a tinpot club they wouldn't be worried about you. I can't see villa fans singing songs about them

That’s true, I can’t see why though when they’re doing so well

Archived