• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Southampton 1-3 Liverpool - Friday 5th April, 2019

football forum

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Inverted said:

For once Salah being greedy has finally paid off.

And Andy has had a complete shocker. 

Bizarre game. 

Think I might be too blame for that. I described him as the most consistent player in the league to my friend yesterday. 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Think I might be too blame for that. I described him as the most consistent player in the league to my friend yesterday. 

TBF I'd go so far as to say it's the first sincerely bad game I've seen him have for Liverpool, and I've watched a lot of them. 

• Administrator
Just now, Cicero said:

What a header by Bobby Firmino! xD

Literally every striker does something like that every single game across the country xD 

This made me laugh:

Loved those interviews after the match. 

What a result. Would be a lot nicer if we could take control of games like City do, but like Dodger said, our squad is thin compared to them bastards. We are doing such a fucking excellent job of keeping up with the pace, and as cheesy as it may sound I'm proud as fuck of this team. 

5 minutes ago, Asura said:

One hell of a goal by Salah there. What a title race we are having this season.

Is there any chart that shows the remaining games for both the teams?

Bold are home games.

Liverpool : Chelsea, Cardiff, Huddersfield, Newcastle, wolves

City: palace, Spurs, United , Burnley, Leicester, Brighton

9 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Happy to be utterly incorrect. The amount of anti-Liverpudlian bile from the south and Manchester has made me want Liverpool to win it now. Still thibk man city too good though. 

Fair enough. Just not sure how this Liverpool side is running out of steam. They keep coming up with late goals. Yeah we can't keep doing this all the way through but this is our toughest run I think. 

9 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Happy to be utterly incorrect. The amount of anti-Liverpudlian bile from the south and Manchester has made me want Liverpool to win it now. Still thibk man city too good though. 

They've dropped 3 pts since Jan 1. Losing away at Newcastle but beating Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea.

Most likely they will win every game for the rest of the season. It's possible they could drop something somewhere but fairly unlikely given that track record.

• Subscriber

To be fair to Liverpool, after they lost the 7 point lead and City got their noses in front I thought they'd fall away but they've hung on in there. Still in City's hands but it's hardly a given that they'll win all of their games especially given their European and FA Cup commitments (though that's actually only the FA Cup semi final more than what Liverpool have in terms of congestion).

Ideally both teams win all of their remaining games so that Liverpool know the day they lost the title was at Goodison Park.

• The title was changed to Southampton 1-3 Liverpool - Friday 5th April, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived