• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Southampton 1-3 Liverpool - Friday 5th April, 2019

football forum

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Happy to be utterly incorrect. The amount of anti-Liverpudlian bile from the south and Manchester has made me want Liverpool to win it now. Still thibk man city too good though. 

Well keep it coming please, your doom and gloom keeps giving us goals late on it seems. Please do it much earlier next match for my heart, I’m begging you

4 hours ago, Rick said:

Loved those interviews after the match. 

What a result. Would be a lot nicer if we could take control of games like City do, but like Dodger said, our squad is thin compared to them bastards. We are doing such a fucking excellent job of keeping up with the pace, and as cheesy as it may sound I'm proud as fuck of this team. 

Exactly how I feel. 

Summed up perfectly pal! 

Getting fucking nervous now me ffs xD

I've nothing against Liverpool. My preference is City but if Liverpool win the whole thing, it wouldn't bother me and I'd say fair play to them.

Again, they weren't anything special, but they did what they had to do and keep making City needing a result each game.

But Sky Sports can fuck right off. The bias is getting more and more sickening for the neutral viewer.

They have to stop Carragher from co-commentary on Liverpool games surely. He cannot remain balanced unlike his counterpart Neville.

May as well be Sky Sports Liverpool.

• Subscriber

I think as a fan of the team having the idea of a heart-attack with every game we play now is something i'll have to get used to. Yesterday I genuinely thought it was going to be one of those games where you think you're supposed to win but it will end 1-0 with a loss. Luckily for all of us on here it turned out to be much better and now the pressure is back on City and that ridiculous run where they play Spurs more times than they want to haha. 

The one thing that confused me was why the ref didn't signal a penalty in the box when Keita got fouled? The player is clearly obstructed after moving the ball forward to gain some space and not let the defender touch it. 

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

The one thing that confused me was why the ref didn't signal a penalty in the box when Keita got fouled? The player is clearly obstructed after moving the ball forward to gain some space and not let the defender touch it. 

It's an absolutely horrendous decision.

Lucky Liverpool though eh? They get all the decisions

4 hours ago, Lucas said:

I've nothing against Liverpool. My preference is City but if Liverpool win the whole thing, it wouldn't bother me and I'd say fair play to them.

Again, they weren't anything special, but they did what they had to do and keep making City needing a result each game.

But Sky Sports can fuck right off. The bias is getting more and more sickening for the neutral viewer.

They have to stop Carragher from co-commentary on Liverpool games surely. He cannot remain balanced unlike his counterpart Neville.

Just evens out the fact they have Martin Tyler doing our games isn't it. Can tell that cunt is desperate for us to lose it. Always sounds so disappointed when Liverpool score compared to when the opposition do

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

It's an absolutely horrendous decision.

Lucky Liverpool though eh? They get all the decisions

I suppose the ref looked at it and said he can't get to the ball so the foul is okay which is even more confusing because had the defender not done what he did then Keita is in with a chance to score. 

On the topic of luck, i'll take as much of it as it comes tyvm.

10 hours ago, Stan said:

5 hours ago, Lucas said:

You have Carragher signed on as one of the main presenters... Do you ask him to pretend he is not riding the wave and stay neutrall for the sake of professionalism or do you roll with it and allow him to be himself (given everyone knows where he stands) ..?

Or replace him with some generic tool because presenters having inherent biases is just not acceptable...?

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

had the defender not done what he did then Keita is in with a chance to score. 

Given how far he kicked the ball and the keeper probably had the ball in his hands by the time Keita even gets to the floor, I very much doubt he has a 'chance to score'.

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, Harry said:

You have Carragher signed on as one of the main presenters... Do you ask him to pretend he is not riding the wave and stay neutrall for the sake of professionalism or do you roll with it and allow him to be himself (given everyone knows where he stands) ..?

Or replace him with some generic tool because presenters having inherent biases is just not acceptable...?

Stay neutral for the sake of professionalism. 

This isn't Sky Sports Liverpool or LFCTV. It's not just Liverpool fans watching the game. That's what makes it so uncomfortable when watching the game as a neutral because you have one sided commentary. Makes it unbearable. 

Fine to have him as a pundit in the studio and along with someone linked to Southampton, cos at least you get some discussion where it can be evened out, but having him on commentary where its mainly his voice you hear, especially after Salah and Henderson scored was not good to listen to. He could barely contain himself. 

I agree that Carra shouldn't be commentating, but I don't think he should be commentating full stop. Neville does an excellent job of it and Carra is a great pundit, so just leave them in those positions. 

Last night it was too much Liverpool arse kissing, I enjoyed the interviews with our players myself, but I appreciate how it could fuck off the neutral. 

11 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Imagine if Liverpool get 97 points and still don't win the league

That would be the most Liverpool thing ever.

• The title was changed to Southampton 1-3 Liverpool - Friday 5th April, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned
25 minutes ago, YNWA said:

Think I aged 50 years watching us lately. I am even getting grey hairs. Was rather funny though me and my husband were shouting fucking pass at Salah. We're not playing well lately too but we're getting the right results.

In the post game interview Salah said it didn't even occur to him to pass as that's not what strikers are meant to do.... Was I the only person not impressed by that comment....?

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Shout out to Hendo as well. Totally changed the game in our favour when he came on. More of that please captain. 

Klopp's changes were great to be fair. I'm not Henderson's biggest fan but can appreciate that he's a good player to have in the squad. It's funny seeing those who can't stand him not wanting to give him any credit for his performance last night

5 hours ago, Rick said:

I agree that Carra shouldn't be commentating, but I don't think he should be commentating full stop. Neville does an excellent job of it and Carra is a great pundit, so just leave them in those positions. 

Last night it was too much Liverpool arse kissing, I enjoyed the interviews with our players myself, but I appreciate how it could fuck off the neutral. 

Fuck the neutrals tbh. Everyone else hates us so I want everyone else to have an awful time when they watch us. Scientists need to come up with a dog-whistle like vuvuzela that only non-LFC fans can here 

53 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Fuck the neutrals tbh. Everyone else hates us so I want everyone else to have an awful time when they watch us. Scientists need to come up with a dog-whistle like vuvuzela that only non-LFC fans can here 

Oh yeah, I absolutely don't give a shit. Just saying that I'd be fucked off if it were another team haha

Archived