talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Whisk(e)y

football forum

As a Scot I feel I should know more but I dont, but I enjoy drinking it. 

My first real experience of drinking whisky straight was a bottle of Dewar's White Label Blend I brought to Denmark, just out of nostalgia for home. Turned out offering people decent whisky was a decent way to making pals abroad. 

Up to that point I'd only ever had shite like Johnny Red with coke or ginger ale. 

Since I've been home I've been to a tour of the Edradour distillery near Pitlochrie, and I've tried a few single malts which Ive always enjoyed. When I'm in a good pub I'll often try their malt of their month with a pint. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
8 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I'm not drinking whisky ever again after Thurs night. I still feel grim now and that travel home was hell. It doesn't help that my back has gone as well. Sitting on cramped plane and train seats is fucking horrible if your back goes. 

200.gif?cid=3640f6095c845eca4833494d4944

19 hours ago, Inverted said:

As a Scot I feel I should know more but I dont, but I enjoy drinking it. 

My first real experience of drinking whisky straight was a bottle of Dewar's White Label Blend I brought to Denmark, just out of nostalgia for home. Turned out offering people decent whisky was a decent way to making pals abroad. 

Up to that point I'd only ever had shite like Johnny Red with coke or ginger ale. 

Since I've been home I've been to a tour of the Edradour distillery near Pitlochrie, and I've tried a few single malts which Ive always enjoyed. When I'm in a good pub I'll often try their malt of their month with a pint. 

Wait, you're not Danish? :( 

To be honest I got lucky. Last time I went, I got talking to a bar maid in 1 of the bars where you can smoke and drink. She wasn't working this time and  was sat at the bar, since she gets free drinks there when not working and I managed to get a few free drinks along the way, which is a first ever for Dam, since they know how to rape your pockets there. I did leave tips though as the service is class in that bar. 

If I didn't bump into her then I wouldn't have drank much as I'd rather have a smoke when over there. The first night I only had 4 pints and felt fresh the next day. 

4 minutes ago, Inverted said:

No I just lived there for a year, and I made this account whilst I was there. I can speak it not too badly though. 

Tak. Kom igen! 

Okay, that's pretty much it. Thought you were Danish for real though. I like the Danes. Ah well, I like Scots too, lucky for you! :P

football forum
On 05/04/2019 at 20:26, nudge said:

What is your absolutely the most favourite single malt ever? Only allowed to choose one! 

Such a hard question but, Douglas Laing 1988. A 30 year old whiskey that I received this year, ticked off a bucket list idea of drinking a whiskey older than me (I actually got the inspiration for this feat from you, so cheers for that :)!).

It's an amazing drink, will bring a bottle if ever end up in your neck of the woods xD

I'll do a post about my current whiskey selection soon, so much sex trapped in a bottle. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Such a hard question but, Douglas Laing 1988. A 30 year old whiskey that I received this year, ticked off a bucket list idea of drinking a whiskey older than me (I actually got the inspiration for this feat from you, so cheers for that :)!).

It's an amazing drink, will bring a bottle if ever end up in your neck of the woods xD

I'll do a post about my current whiskey selection soon, so much sex trapped in a bottle. 

Nice... It must have been very smooth I imagine? My oldest one was 25 year old Bunnahabhain; still not older than me and I think I need to hurry up with that as I'm not getting any younger xD 

I will screenshot this just for the future reference in case you do end up in my neck of woods xD 

Anyway, here's pretty much my list. A few bottles are definitely missing as I didn't record every single one of them but it's a pretty good overview otherwise...

XTmOaB9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
football forum
55 minutes ago, nudge said:

@Cannabis :o 

That looks amazing :o! Dalmore is a great whiskey, although I've paid a serious fraction of that auctioned bottle! 

Now I'm thirsty.

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Cannabis said:

That looks amazing :o! Dalmore is a great whiskey, although I've paid a serious fraction of that auctioned bottle! 

Now I'm thirsty.

So was I so I went ahead and got a bottle of 18 yo Chivas which is now almost empty... 

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Stan said:

@nudge @Cannabis @Dr. Gonzo @The Rebel CRS

My mum and dad went to Scotland last week and visited this recommended whiskey bar. They loved it so if you're ever there...

Whiskey.jpg

Lots to taste by the looks of it!

Was that in Edinburgh @Stan? if so it might have been this one.

https://www.scotchwhiskyexperience.co.uk/the-collection

download.png.1df94e9d253b4e563b1d6cd56797f0c2.png

WhiskyExperience_3_4.85mb_detail.jpg?150

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yeah, Amber Whiskey Bar.

A nice location where that is situated up from the old Grassmarket area, lovely in the summertime and lots of market stalls around and some old buildings and near Edinburgh Castle.

Edinburgh Grassmarket 

grassmarket-events.jpg

feature4.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

@... Martin have you tried those new (well new for me at least) whiskies from Chivas Regal?

blend_chi77.jpg

blend_chi70.jpg

Saw those today and just had to get them as I normally like their blends a lot; have been buying their 12YO, 18YO and 21YO Royal Salute regularly for years and have tried the one called Extra (no age statement but it's matured in sherry casks so it automatically gets my seal of approval haha) a few weeks ago but those two are just completely new to me... The first one XV is 15 years old (well obviously haha) and finished in champagne cognac casks, but I find the second one particularly interesting as it's apparently inspired by Japanese single malts and is thus finished in rare Japanese Mizunara oak casks. Will try them later tonight so can't comment on the taste, was just wondering if you have had them already?

Archived