• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2021 Regulations

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Surely Ferrari will threaten to leave F1 again?

I'm sure it's bound to happen at some point again. I wonder how that (the new changes I mean) would impact their veto right?

Just now, nudge said:

I'm sure it's bound to happen at some point again. I wonder how that (the new changes I mean) would impact their veto right?

I recently read an article that said that Ferrari somehow managed to keep their veto right. 

I can only imagine. 

FIA: Introduces new regulations where the teams lose their powers to make any decisions. 

Ferrari: Veto!

FIA: Against what?

Ferrari: EVERYTHING! 

• Subscriber

The positives: aerodynamics are much simpler and cleaner, groundfloor effect, the car's wheelbase is shorter (?), the nose is sort of "stuck" to the wing similar to IndyCar, cost cap, increasing opportunities for young talents.
The negatives: DRS is still there and the car is even heavier than it is now so it's likely to be slower. Performance levels are expected to drop to the levels of 2016.

Other observations: That front wing looks very wonky and those endplates are massive! The new 18'' wheels with low profile tyres are huge too :o there are also no endplates on the "swan neck" rear wing. 

I love the slick look of the car and all the concepts point to reducing the following car distance and focusing on driver skill while not being too restrictive in terms of design so it looks promising and I'm quite excited to see if it works as it's supposed to.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived