talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

NFL 2019/2020

football forum

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Yep, I was also there yesterday. My uncle is a Raiders fan and we were sat amongst Bears fans so it was pretty fun from that perspective.

The stadium is unreal. Not just the views but the concourse is another level.

Have to say, as a very casual NFL fan, with no real clue about the sport, it was a brilliant experience yesterday. Thought the stop start thing would annoy me but there is always something going on when you are there.

The NFL superstore is mental. Like going in to a store on Black Friday xD

20191006_185157.thumb.jpg.057e87de0f6359aeb4f1be842a688047.jpg20191006_192649.thumb.jpg.89b28be9e2156d547c9c4ca7b81fa1a7.jpg

Amazing wasn't it?

Didn't know you were there - could have met up for a pint! 

Think there was a hell of a lot of Bears fans - definitely outnumbered the Raiders fans. Happened last year as well at Wembley with Raiders being outnumbered. The stop-start really flies by, I think. The game in itself flew by even though there wasn't much scoring in the first quarter. 

I was with my mate's brother as well so we met up with George Williams who plays for MK Dons. 

Didn't get a great view of the fireworks but did get a great view of 'the wall' opposite us. 

7 minutes ago, Eco said:

Those look at quality seats there mate. 

It's fine, ignore me mate. 

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Eco said:

Those look at quality seats there mate. 

Very good. The photos make it look further away than what it actually was. We felt so close to the pitch, which was a major plus in the stadiums design for me.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

It's fine, ignore me mate. 

I liked your shit on Facebook so don't get your panties all in a ruffle. xD

How expensive are tickets though? It seems so much more popular than I would have imagined, TBH.  

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Very good. The photos make it look further away than what it actually was. We felt so close to the pitch, which was a major plus in the stadiums design for me.

Field. It's a football field :ay:

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Amazing wasn't it?

Didn't know you were there - could have met up for a pint! 

Think there was a hell of a lot of Bears fans - definitely outnumbered the Raiders fans. Happened last year as well at Wembley with Raiders being outnumbered. The stop-start really flies by, I think. The game in itself flew by even though there wasn't much scoring in the first quarter. 

I was with my mate's brother as well so we met up with George Williams who plays for MK Dons. 

Didn't get a great view of the fireworks but did get a great view of 'the wall' opposite us.

I'm not up with NFL but I am learning. I assume Chicago are a 'big club' so have a bigger following as a major city. 

But I also didn't realise how many neutrals would be there. And it seemed to me that the neutrals were happy to see Oakland go in front but really rallied when the Bears came back. They just like getting behind the winner.

My mates have got me into a Fantasy NFL league so im picking players based on stats, I genuinely have no clue if they are quality. But its helping my knowledge. Just need to find a team to have an affinity with.

Definitely would go again. As an experience, it is something else.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Eco said:

I liked your shit on Facebook so don't get your panties all in a ruffle. xD

How expensive are tickets though? It seems so much more popular than I would have imagined, TBH.  

:D 

The tickets we had were £53. Definitely value for money at a stadium like that, especially considering you're there for 3-4 hours. 
Sadly beers are stupidly overpriced - £6 a pop!

6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I'm not up with NFL but I am learning. I assume Chicago are a 'big club' so have a bigger following as a major city. 

But I also didn't realise how many neutrals would be there. And it seemed to me that the neutrals were happy to see Oakland go in front but really rallied when the Bears came back. They just like getting behind the winner.

My mates have got me into a Fantasy NFL league so im picking players based on stats, I genuinely have no clue if they are quality. But its helping my knowledge. Just need to find a team to have an affinity with.

Yeah I noticed that first time I went to Wembley games - so many fans of other sides and I guess if they live here it may be the only time they get to see an NFL match?

I had a chance to go to all games again this season but couldn't. Glad I've got to go to this Spurs game though. We have season tickets so we'll get discount next year.

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Few things - 

If your mates try and trade with you in your fantasy league, send me a message first and have me look at it and make sure you aren't getting truly screwed. 

Secondly - Yeah, Chicago are one of the 'blue bloods', however they haven't won since 1986 when they had one of the best teams in the history of football. Their arch rival is Green Bay Packers, and those two create the biggest rivalry in the NFL. 

Raiders are a weird team, as they have been moved around a few times, and there are a TON of rumors that they will soon be relocated to Las Vegas. Oakland is pretty much a shit hole, and Vegas is desperate for a team so really it makes sense. The problem is the owner, Mark Davis, who is an absolute tool. His day was quite the character, but really, just another absolutely ass hat, but still an NFL legend and he'll be in the Hall of Fame one day. Oakland are also known for their crazy fans, in particular these bunch. 

raiders1.jpg

856383270.jpg?w=526

2 hours ago, Eco said:

Few things - 

If your mates try and trade with you in your fantasy league, send me a message first and have me look at it and make sure you aren't getting truly screwed. 

Secondly - Yeah, Chicago are one of the 'blue bloods', however they haven't won since 1986 when they had one of the best teams in the history of football. Their arch rival is Green Bay Packers, and those two create the biggest rivalry in the NFL. 

Raiders are a weird team, as they have been moved around a few times, and there are a TON of rumors that they will soon be relocated to Las Vegas. Oakland is pretty much a shit hole, and Vegas is desperate for a team so really it makes sense. The problem is the owner, Mark Davis, who is an absolute tool. His day was quite the character, but really, just another absolutely ass hat, but still an NFL legend and he'll be in the Hall of Fame one day. Oakland are also known for their crazy fans, in particular these bunch. 

raiders1.jpg

856383270.jpg?w=526

Haha, funny you say that.

When we did a draft, I got Mahomes. They have tried 6 times to get him off me but obviously I am aware he's one of the hottest properties.

This is what I have. I've made a few trades based purely on stats from this season. They could be dogshit to be frank but i am 5-0 so far.

Screenshot_20191007-162946_Sleeper.thumb.jpg.1fb8b143e40ff2ea38061b265a0a6cd9.jpg20191007_163428.thumb.jpg.8dbf4368c262ca4f4fcbad145fc4eb3a.jpgScreenshot_20191007-163004_Sleeper.thumb.jpg.ff6923cad52e895b4a782c3bdc25a7ea.jpg

I had Antonio Brown to start bit that didn't go well.

I will definitely look out for the Chicago Green Bay match. I've seen a few games on night shift recently, thursday night one's that have been awesome. Eagles beating Green Bay then Seattle beating the Rams. So I am getting into it.

My uncle is a Raider so I look out for their results but I would definitely say I am a full on neutral.

As long as the Patriots don't win it again, I'm happy for whoever. 

5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Haha, funny you say that.

When we did a draft, I got Mahomes. They have tried 6 times to get him off me but obviously I am aware he's one of the hottest properties.

This is what I have. I've made a few trades based purely on stats from this season. They could be dogshit to be frank but i am 5-0 so far.

Screenshot_20191007-162946_Sleeper.thumb.jpg.1fb8b143e40ff2ea38061b265a0a6cd9.jpg20191007_163428.thumb.jpg.8dbf4368c262ca4f4fcbad145fc4eb3a.jpgScreenshot_20191007-163004_Sleeper.thumb.jpg.ff6923cad52e895b4a782c3bdc25a7ea.jpg

I had Antonio Brown to start bit that didn't go well.

I will definitely look out for the Chicago Green Bay match. I've seen a few games on night shift recently, thursday night one's that have been awesome. Eagles beating Green Bay then Seattle beating the Rams. So I am getting into it.

My uncle is a Raider so I look out for their results but I would definitely say I am a full on neutral.

As long as the Patriots don't win it again, I'm happy for whoever. 

Well well done! 

Yeah, in Fantasy, you usually want to draft early the RB and WR slots, as their are a few 'elites', but then a massive drop off. Have Zeke certainly helps you, and Melvin coming back will be good. 

Mahomes is soo strange. He can throw left handed, right handed, and he does all the things you aren't supposed to do, but it's because of his arm strength and talent as to why he is the greatest QB in the game right now. He is absolutely unreal and a great pleasure to watch. 

I couldn't even compare him to someone in soccer...he's THAT different of a player maker. 

But yeah, everything looks good man, so good luck winning your league!

Although I love Patrick M. and wasnt surprised when Andy R.(QB guru) took him in the draft, if i had to pick between Patrick or Russell Wilson, I would take Russell every time.

@Storts @Stan we still lack the OL and a proper RB to make us a true SB contender but Russell and the defense gives us hope to make it at least to the NFC championship game. 

3 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Although I love Patrick M. and wasnt surprised when Andy R.(QB guru) took him in the draft, if i had to pick between Patrick or Russell Wilson, I would take Russell every time.

@Storts @Stan we still lack the OL and a proper RB to make us a true SB contender but Russell and the defense gives us hope to make it at least to the NFC championship game. 

You're a Seahawks fan? 

How the hell did that happen? 

Touche, enough said. 

He was the first Alabama legend I remember, actually was able to meet him while he was still at Alabama. Funny enough, he was the first NFL jersey I ever had. 

Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:

I have only met one legendary RB and he played for that team down on the plains....

Ha - I bet he is a character. He absolutely hate the Tide. True Auburn through and through. 

I went to High School with Brad Lester (if you remember him). Absolutely idiot and should be in jail for numerous offenses, but he could run the ball. 

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

It's a win on Friday night as well in that manner over a decent side that can push a side on to do well, even if not having the best team. 

Just now, Eco said:

Ha - I bet he is a character. He absolutely hate the Tide. True Auburn through and through. 

I went to High School with Brad Lester (if you remember him). Absolutely idiot and should be in jail for numerous offenses, but he could run the ball. 

He was, met him at the famous Lloyd's restaurant in Inverness... I still take sitting on the booth that Bear Bryant picked everytime @ the bright star restaurant in bessemer alabama over meeting Bo. 

FUCK THE NFL!!! I'll keep up with my seahawks but I'll make sure not to contribute a fucking dollar!! Demario Davis for man of God head band but you have no problem making a profit of the pride movement ? Fuck you roger Goodell,  cocksucking motherfucker. This pisses me the fuck off beyond belief 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Quite a few close games at the weekend! 

Seahawks grabbed their win thanks to Browns throwing an interception and Seahawks going in for a late TD. 

Falcons and Cowboys both missed their last second opportunities to take their games to overtime. Dolphins missed their 2pt conversion to win their game, lost by a point. 

Green Bay scored a late field goal to get a 1-pt win over Detroit. 

49ers and Seahawks are both 4-0 against the same teams so far. 

Archived