• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

NFL 2019/2020

football forum

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 16/10/2019 at 00:33, Teso dos Bichos said:

I missed the heated rivalry between the 49ers and the Seahawks... they never disappoint when they are at their best 

https://youtu.be/OhtfaME_v0Y

Although Sherman will be playing with those cunts now, I will never forget that play as I watched it live.... one of the best games right below the comeback against the packers. 

Sort of funny we like the rivals for both real football and American football xD - although we are united in our love of Tranmere

1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

xD indeed. Although the niners are no joke, I still think the Russell Wilson factor will give the Seahawks the edge. 

I think both teams will make the playoffs - one will be through the wildcard but they both look strong enough to make it.

The niners defense is crazy right now. That front 4 is no joke, sacks aplenty and it’s just so hard to run passed. So when your running back has been stuffed at the line and your QB is under pressure and passing who do you have to face? Richard Sherman, the general of this defense, with a young secondary of hungry players eager to impress him.

Garropolo is a bit shit though tbh. But the niners run game is strong too. My wife is a massive lifelong niners fan, so she can remember when they were consistently good. But for me, I’m a fan of them because of her and they’ve been shite most of the time since I’ve been watching them. So them being not shit is very new to me.

It’s pretty cool

Even with a average Rb and OL, Russell Wilson can make something out of nothing and his deep throws are as good as anyone who has played the game. Now with Patrick M. Injured, I think Wilson will take over as the mvp favourite. 

Ravens versus the seahawks will feature ex teammate Earl Thomas against his old team. Man I miss the legion of boom. 

Nfl.com

A frontrunner for the 2019 MVP award, Wilson has been unstoppable through six weeks, carrying Seattle to a 5-1 record. Wilson leads the NFL in passer rating (124.7) this season -- 12.8 points higher than the next-best QB this season entering Week 7 (Patrick Mahomes 111.9). Since 1975, there have been seven instances of a passer rating leader finishing the season with a passer rating 10-plus points higher than the next-highest rated QB -- all seven won MVP that season.

It's not as though Wilson has dink-and-dunked his way to good stats, either. Per Next Gen Stats, Wilson throws outside the numbers -- some of the most difficult passes -- on 59.3 percent of his attempts, the highest rate in the NFL. The league average on such throws is 59.4 completion rate. Wilson hits 70.5 percent of passes outside the numbers.

Earl Thomas knows Wilson as well as any defender, having spent nine seasons in Seattle. The safety understands what to expect from the QB.

"Everything is predicated off the run game, and we also know that Russell can extend plays," Thomas said. "That's when he kind of works his magic -- when he plays backyard football. And his receivers do a great job of just melding with him and creating space, boxing guys out and creating leverages and coming up with big catches."

To bolster Thomas' point about Wilson extending plays, the QB excels on passes with 4-plus seconds to throw (15.9 percent of his attempts, the fifth-highest rate in NFL). Per Next Gen Stats, the NFL average on such passes: 67.4 passer rating, 44.2 completion percent. Wilson on those attempts: 139.2 passer rating, 66.7 completion percent.

17 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Even with a average Rb and OL, Russell Wilson can make something out of nothing and his deep throws are as good as anyone who has played the game. Now with Patrick M. Injured, I think Wilson will take over as the mvp favourite. 

Ravens versus the seahawks will feature ex teammate Earl Thomas against his old team. Man I miss the legion of boom. 

Nfl.com

A frontrunner for the 2019 MVP award, Wilson has been unstoppable through six weeks, carrying Seattle to a 5-1 record. Wilson leads the NFL in passer rating (124.7) this season -- 12.8 points higher than the next-best QB this season entering Week 7 (Patrick Mahomes 111.9). Since 1975, there have been seven instances of a passer rating leader finishing the season with a passer rating 10-plus points higher than the next-highest rated QB -- all seven won MVP that season.

It's not as though Wilson has dink-and-dunked his way to good stats, either. Per Next Gen Stats, Wilson throws outside the numbers -- some of the most difficult passes -- on 59.3 percent of his attempts, the highest rate in the NFL. The league average on such throws is 59.4 completion rate. Wilson hits 70.5 percent of passes outside the numbers.

Earl Thomas knows Wilson as well as any defender, having spent nine seasons in Seattle. The safety understands what to expect from the QB.

"Everything is predicated off the run game, and we also know that Russell can extend plays," Thomas said. "That's when he kind of works his magic -- when he plays backyard football. And his receivers do a great job of just melding with him and creating space, boxing guys out and creating leverages and coming up with big catches."

To bolster Thomas' point about Wilson extending plays, the QB excels on passes with 4-plus seconds to throw (15.9 percent of his attempts, the fifth-highest rate in NFL). Per Next Gen Stats, the NFL average on such passes: 67.4 passer rating, 44.2 completion percent. Wilson on those attempts: 139.2 passer rating, 66.7 completion percent.

I’m sure Wilson doesn’t love playing behind his offensive line, but I love watching him behind his crappy line. It’s just fun watching him scramble and pull of plays when it looks like he’s going to get sacked.

He’s an excellent QB - I love watching the crazy shite he manages to pull off.

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

And Dalvin Cook should be number 1 on the RB chart, not McCaffrey.

It’s close between them. Cook hasn’t had a bad performance all year long. McCaffrey’s has one bad performance - but McCaffrey’s hit much higher heights than Cook has this season in his best games this season.

And he’s on a much worse team, with a notably worse offense. 

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It’s close between them. Cook hasn’t had a bad performance all year long. McCaffrey’s has one bad performance - but McCaffrey’s hit much higher heights than Cook has this season in his best games this season.

And he’s on a much worse team, with a notably worse offense. 

He’s in a run heavy offense with Cam being injured though, so his numbers are beefed up. As a pure RB, Cook has better yards per carry, and better yards after initial contact. 

5 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

He’s in a run heavy offense with Cam being injured though, so his numbers are beefed up. As a pure RB, Cook has better yards per carry, and better yards after initial contact. 

McCaffrey’s also one of their betting passing weapons.

They’re both incredible players- I have no dog in this fight. I like both of them - I think you could make a good argument for either of them being #1 currently

9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

McCaffrey’s also one of their betting passing weapons.

They’re both incredible players- I have no dog in this fight. I like both of them - I think you could make a good argument for either of them being #1 currently

Don’t get me wrong, I think McCaffrey is class. He’s the better all rounder that’s for sure.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-mock-draft-jaguars-replace-jalen-ramsey-with-lsu-corner-browns-pick-is-surprise-of-top-10/amp/

Alabama has Tua and Jerry J going on the top five and they have been projected that high since the start of this year, the question is whether tua goes first or Oregon's QB... Alabama has two WRs, two CBs, and an OL along with Tua projected in the first round... :x if I'm not mistaken,  the last year of shula had zero draft picks

Ok with Ezekiel Elliot on bye I probably have to flex a WR... so I need you to pick 3 from John Brown (probably going to start him), Terry McLaurin (wanting time start him), and then Juju Smith-Schuster & Emmanuel Sanders... which would have been cool last year but not so much this year.

Pick 3/4 for me please.

I’m 5-2 this year but I don’t know how xD

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Ok with Ezekiel Elliot on bye I probably have to flex a WR... so I need you to pick 3 from John Brown (probably going to start him), Terry McLaurin (wanting time start him), and then Juju Smith-Schuster & Emmanuel Sanders... which would have been cool last year but not so much this year.

Pick 3/4 for me please.

I’m 5-2 this year but I don’t know how xD

I’d be going with Juju simply because Steelers play the Dolphins xD

Archived