talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

NFL 2019/2020

football forum

12 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

@Eco is there any difference between the NFL & Vince McMahon’s XFL in terms of rules?

Oh the commentator just said there’s no PAT after a TD, so you have to go for 2... or try something else.

Interesting that some league I’ve never heard of has decided to pop up right after the Super Bowl though.

Not sure. I know the old XFL didn't have Fair Catches so player would get annihilated on punts. 

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Eco said:

Not sure. I know the old XFL didn't have Fair Catches so player would get annihilated on punts. 

Sounds like the original XFL was mental. I found this though about the reboot league & the new rule changes. Less brutal for receiving players now: https://www.cbssports.com/xfl/news/xfl-2020-viewers-guide-schedule-players-coaches-everything-to-know-about-new-football-league/

What I like best about it though is the transparency on video review. You hear what’s going through the officials mind as they make a decision - it also kills some of the boredom as they show the replay over and over because you hear what the guy is thinking as he’s watching it. The NFL (and VAR) could learn from that

• Administrator

@Dr. Gonzo I was literally the same as you xD not knowing what the fuck this is and how it's different to NFL.

I read the rules on Wiki and didn't really get much. I don't get the link with WWE apart from Vince McMahon being involved? 

It seems like a vastly sped up version of NFL but at the same time seems quite tacky and 2nd rate. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

@Dr. Gonzo I was literally the same as you xD not knowing what the fuck this is and how it's different to NFL.

I read the rules on Wiki and didn't really get much. I don't get the link with WWE apart from Vince McMahon being involved? 

It seems like a vastly sped up version of NFL but at the same time seems quite tacky and 2nd rate. 

I guess there was a version of it in the past that failed.

I think it seems second rate because the players are basically NFL rejects, as are the coaches. Seems like a weird in between for college football and the NFL.

The 2 forward passes rule is interesting 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Don't know much about American football but what are people's opinions on the Washington Redskins deciding to change their name and logo?

I get changing the name but the logo is great and I don't know what people's problem with it is.

10 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Don't know much about American football but what are people's opinions on the Washington Redskins deciding to change their name and logo?

I get changing the name but the logo is great and I don't know what people's problem with it is.

Long overdue. It's a storied franchise that has a name and logo which is pretty racist. 

The logo needs changing because it's a group of people that American slaughtered and moved to random parts of the country, and now a team is profiting from their heritage and look like logo. 

Archived