talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

NFL 2019/2020

football forum

6 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

That’s going on your headstone. ‘Not in my lifetime’. Try being a Vikings fan :(

The Vikings are so close to being a championship side. Cousins has brain farts at all the wrong moments though - good QB most of the time but not when the pressure is on.

It’s such a weird sport. All the good teams need players that play consistently well, but it seems like with the QB position - arguably the most important possession, even less talented guys just need to be “good enough” as game managers and be the face of the team. Even when in SF’s case they’re in the Super Bowl because of their incredible ground game & that insane defense.

Next season I wouldn’t be surprised if the Niners lose their defensive coordinator because I think he’ll land a head coaching gig sooner rather than later. And I wouldn’t be surprised if we lose at least one of the 3 good RBs we’ve got.

I know SF used to be really really good, cos my wife’s told me. But since I’ve been an NFL fan they’ve been pretty crap, so it’s actually been very cool seeing this team turn it around.

At least they Vikings aren’t the Browns - a team that just seems destined for mediocrity 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Had a couple of bets on that came through. 

Chiefs to score over 28.5 points at evens which came in late. Didn't think it would at the end of the 3rd!

Chiefs to score 20 pts, TD in every quarter, Kelce & Mostert 1 TD each, Mahomes 250+ passing yards at 11/2. Again came in late thanks to that monster pass to Williams and the other late Kelce TD! 

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He exposed it all season long, the NFC is just weak as shite tbh.

How often is the super bowl winner the AFC side? Seems like most Super Bowls are won by the AFC sides

Noticed this yesterday when looking at venues and seeing if anyone's won on home turf.

Thought AFC sides were utterly dominant but it's actually 27-27...

NFC won all of them between 1984 and 1996.

5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He exposed it all season long, the NFC is just weak as shite tbh.

How often is the super bowl winner the AFC side? Seems like most Super Bowls are won by the AFC sides

Take the Patriots out and that is surely a much even prospect.

Though on the evidence of what I've seen this season, the Chiefs and Ravens could really dominate the Sport the next few years with the QB's they have.

49ers need a QB. Pretty much everything else is in place for another go at it bar maybe at a push, another star wide receiver.

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Take the Patriots out and that is surely a much even prospect.

Though on the evidence of what I've seen this season, the Chiefs and Ravens could really dominate the Sport the next few years with the QB's they have.

49ers need a QB. Pretty much everything else is in place for another go at it bar maybe at a push, another star wide receiver.

Yeah - I think those are the two areas the 49ers would probably need to improve in.

The thing is at QB, Jimmy G has been given a massive contract and he's being paid like he's up there with Tom Brady. And he really isn't anywhere near the type of quarterback - I think this is an issue for the 49ers as it makes him hard to move on and it takes up salary cap money that could be spent on a quarterback that's better.

At WR, they struggled for much of the season in the passing game even when the QB was accurate because so many of their receivers that weren't named Kittle (who's a tight end) would just drop passes constantly. Once they got Emmanuel Sanders, who's pretty old, he added a lot to the side even when he wasn't catching the ball. Better cornerbacks started covering him and leaving Deebo Samuels with lesser defenders covering him. I think Samuels and Kittle are the long term future of the 49ers offensive passing game - but in the short term a player like Sanders but with a few more years to give to the league would be a massive addition.

I do think with better weapons, the niners QB situation wouldn't look so bad. I don't think Kirk Cousins is a particularly great quarterback, but he's got 2 excellent receivers that bump his numbers up quite a bit. Meanwhile there's also Mitch Trubisky who's got one of the best WRs in the league he's throwing too... but he's shite so it doesn't matter much of the time. But when the chips are down, I don't think any of these quarterbacks are going to put in the types of game winning drives that get you a championship.

14 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

It’s keeping the teams together that’s half the problem. When they all think they’re the best and want the dollar, the caps become a massive issue. 

Yeah, it's hard to see the Niners keeping their insane defensive line together for much longer tbh.

And I would not be surprised if our excellent defensive coordinator ends up becoming a head coach elsewhere in the league based on our defensive performances this season.

@Eco is there any difference between the NFL & Vince McMahon’s XFL in terms of rules?

Oh the commentator just said there’s no PAT after a TD, so you have to go for 2... or try something else.

Interesting that some league I’ve never heard of has decided to pop up right after the Super Bowl though.

Archived