talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Racism in Football

football forum

29 minutes ago, Stan said:

Shite like this doesn't help if true...

Shite like Twitter doesn’t help. Absolutely no proof there that anyone has actually said it or a link providing facts but it’s got at least 3,500 likes, however many RT’s and nearly 1,500 engaging with it despite there being no proof and people are daft and believe anything they see on social media. 

I’m not in any way defending the Cagliari fans here btw. 

Edited by Smiley Culture
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

It's not even about other reasons.

The best comparison is that Cutrone left Milan this summer for Wolves and happens to be white, yet he said nothing about "why would Milan let him go?".

Yet with Moise Kean he makes out like there's attitude problems below the surface because why else would Juventus sell him? Neither him nor the other studio guest have done the research into how much Juventus have spent on De Ligt this summer or how much they pay Ronaldo a year.

There's a reason that this exists and has done for a long time before yesterday.

Well I think, it is because Keane has been kicked out of the Italy squad twice now (I could be wrong), and unlike Juventus; AC Milan is run like shit and Cutrone has had considerably less hype than Keane; that'd be my rationale on the issue. Anyway, just because their can be correlation doesn't exactly prove that Souness has underlying racial beliefs. What do I know though, he very well could be.

I've heard from some Italians I know that Keane could be similar to Balotelli, but they could be exaggerating.

Edited by Spike
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Well I think, it is because Keane has been kicked out of the Italy squad twice now (I could be wrong), and unlike Juventus; AC Milan is run like shit and Cutrone has had considerably less hype than Keane; that'd be my rationale on the issue. Anyway, just because their can be correlation doesn't exactly prove that Souness has underlying racial beliefs.

I've heard from some Italians I know that Keane could be similar to Balotelli, but they could be exaggerating.

Souness has a history of seeming to criticise black players more than others. Yesterday alone he said nothing about Cutrone, says that Eriksen isnt the type to disrupt the dressing room but insinuates that Kean might be when he knows nothing about the player. Maybe it's a coincidence. I doubt he's actually actively racist but I'd say theres a very good chance he's subconsciously jumping to conclusions about players based on some sort of prejudice. He certainly didn't have any actual evidence or even claim that he's heard Moise Kean has attitude problems.

He doesn't seem much like Balotelli to me. Seems very humble in the short time he's spent at Everton, the lad came over with his Mum so she could be there when he signed the contract. Balotelli was probably driving around Manchester chucking 20s out of the car by the time he was 19. 

And Italians tarring Kean with the same brush as Balotelli? I wonder why they might do that...

13 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Souness has a history of seeming to criticise black players more than others. Yesterday alone he said nothing about Cutrone, says that Eriksen isnt the type to disrupt the dressing room but insinuates that Kean might be when he knows nothing about the player. Maybe it's a coincidence. I doubt he's actually actively racist but I'd say theres a very good chance he's subconsciously jumping to conclusions about players based on some sort of prejudice. He certainly didn't have any actual evidence or even claim that he's heard Moise Kean has attitude problems.

He doesn't seem much like Balotelli to me. Seems very humble in the short time he's spent at Everton, the lad came over with his Mum so she could be there when he signed the contract. Balotelli was probably driving around Manchester chucking 20s out of the car by the time he was 19. 

And Italians tarring Kean with the same brush as Balotelli? I wonder why they might do that...

Well as I said earlier he [and Zaniolo] just got kicked out of the Italy squad again! Mancini said he was nothing serious but punishment was due. So maybe he has attitude problems but not in the sense that Balotelli, Ribery, Zlatan, etc. He  could just be a little lazy or something minor.

Well, Balotelli is the latest problem striker for Italy, I am sure Balotelli was compared to Cassano in his youth...

• Subscriber
55 minutes ago, Spike said:

Well as I said earlier he [and Zaniolo] just got kicked out of the Italy squad again! Mancini said he was nothing serious but punishment was due. So maybe he has attitude problems but not in the sense that Balotelli, Ribery, Zlatan, etc. He  could just be a little lazy or something minor.

Well, Balotelli is the latest problem striker for Italy, I am sure Balotelli was compared to Cassano in his youth...

I'm not trying to point fingers at anyone really. This latest spate of racism on social media just reminds me of how disgusting so many of us actually are when you boil it down to key characteristics and is the latest thing to make me pretty depressed about the world around me. It feels right now that no matter how many well-intentioned people there are around that want to treat people the right way and share the truth with each other, they'll always be handily outnumbered by groups with a mob mentality that want to act out for reasons I can't understand.

Like, at least when you repeatedly get away with stealing small items from a shop, you have new stuff, but with Cagliari repeatedly getting away with this racial abuse, what are they even gaining? What did they gain out of those chants to Lukaku? He scored anyway, they lost anyway, and they gave their club more bad publicity.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

What an absolute load of bollocks. How fucking backwards are they?!

https://twitter.com/FootyAccums/status/1168975044887924736/photo/2

EDkImtrXoAADN5y?format=png&name=small

EDkImtsX4AE5zhS?format=png&name=small

Basically saying, 'we'll be racist, in our own way, which we don't believe is racist, but please stop your moaning and appreciate our welcome. By the way, we're not racist like other people.'

Cunts.

We aren’t racist. We made monkey noises at you so you’d miss the penalty, not because you are black. It’s a form of respect. 

Sadly, this level of self righteousness won’t go away in our lifetime. They genuinely think what they are doing isn’t racist. 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

We aren’t racist. We made monkey noises at you so you’d miss the penalty, not because you are black. It’s a form of respect. 

Sadly, this level of self righteousness won’t go away in our lifetime. They genuinely think what they are doing isn’t racist. 

'We are a multiethnic fans organisation....We are very sensitive and inclusive with all people'

is basically the same as 'we have black friends and members so that means we can't be racist'.

Fucking thundercunts. The lot of them.

55 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

That's some North Korea level of self-brainwashing there. Actually quite unnerving that it's possible people can be that deluded and out of touch with reality.

That's it though, most racists probably don't even realise they are. They know racism is bad so when they are confronted with their own bigotry they say 'No, I couldn't be!'. Most people probably have some bias from the mundane to the severe without even realising, I'd say everyone does.

My mother-in-law for instance, bless her heart; is always looking out for the 'poor', but in her mind I think she views them as pitiful and helpless, people that can't do anything on their own without her or god's help; and the government never does anything for them. Sure, she is doing good but I think she has a roundabout manner of rationalising why.

It’s actually mental how blind these people are. Some people feel the need to boo players and it’s seen by some as a mark of respect. This clearly wasn’t booing and clearly wasn’t a mark of respect. 

In some respects, Lukaku knew what he was getting into in regards to Italian football, it’s been pretty well publicised over the years that there is a huge problem in their game with racism. It doesn’t mean he deserves such abuse for going there. 

On 2 September 2019 at 07:20, SirBalon said:

I've had so many debates arguments in Italy with friends and family (curiously, the same in Spain) about this sort of thing. Not all, but most don't get it. They maintain that it's just to put the opposition player off and ironically they'll tell you the player should be thankful because it's a mark of respect from the fans because they're afraid of what the player can achieve.

I know, I know it's ridiculous, but try as you might to get beyond that point and go into all of the details of what this sort of thing actually means doesn't work because they'll return to the same point.

Then you have the more radical, those that actually feel what they're saying... They're called "liberalists" and we have that movement here in the UK now too, it's massive and they state it's freedom of expression under the freedom to state your mind verbally. But let's not take away or sway away from the focus of the issue to combat which is the first point.

Those that oppose this sort of thing will mostly just stay silent and the reason they do it goes back to the first point in that you can't get beyond the point no matter what you then want to go onto say.

Remember that politics feeds this... This is a fundamental point! With the death of political correctness (this counts for us here in the UK too) and modern politics actually enabling all of this (in Italy they have Salvini condoning or making excuses), then there is no way forward right now. 

As I said in my initial post... I know, I know because I know them.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

As I said in my initial post... I know, I know because I know them.

Cultural relativity! What is normal to me, is odd to you; and vice versa. It's not good but we can't force them to change, only they can change themselves. It's not up to us to police how other nations think and feel, otherwise we are just like American imperialists. 

Look at those Arabian countries with severe human rights violations, sexual abuse, religious censorship, yadda yadda yadda, we look at them and think 'how barbaric' and they look at us and think they same thing. We view them as backwards and evil, and they look at us as depraved and excessive.

Besides, looking at a nation like Italy and expecting racial tolerance is naive when they can't even look below (or above) the north-south border without fuming in rage. 'Porco dio, vaffanculo terrone!' 

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Cultural relativity! What is normal to me, is odd to you; and vice versa. It's not good but we can't force them to change, only they can change themselves. It's not up to us to police how other nations think and feel, otherwise we are just like American imperialists. 

Look at those Arabian countries with severe human rights violations, sexual abuse, religious censorship, yadda yadda yadda, we look at them and think 'how barbaric' and they look at us and think they same thing. We view them as backwards and evil, and they look at us as depraved and excessive.

Besides, looking at a nation like Italy and expecting racial tolerance is naive when they can't even look below (or above) the north-south border without fuming in rage. 'Porco dio, vaffanculo terrone!' 

Incredibly and sadly there’s a lot of truth in that although there are massive movements to change these details. 

On 03/09/2019 at 13:38, Stan said:

What an absolute load of bollocks. How fucking backwards are they?!

https://twitter.com/FootyAccums/status/1168975044887924736/photo/2

EDkImtrXoAADN5y?format=png&name=small

EDkImtsX4AE5zhS?format=png&name=small

Basically saying, 'we'll be racist, in our own way, which we don't believe is racist, but please stop your moaning and appreciate our welcome. By the way, we're not racist like other people.'

Cunts.

This is one of the most unbelievably stupid things I've ever read. Pretty ridiculous to claim that Italian racism isn't "real racism" when I know that racism most definitely exists outside of football in Italy - there is pretty overt racism towards African migrants and gypsies in Italy. And it's pretty prevalent throughout the whole country - while meanwhile stating that "northern Europeans" are the real racists.

It also is basically them saying "don't get offended by our racism, because we're going to keep being racist. We know it upsets black players, that's why we do it."

Fuck off with that shit. I think Romelu Lukaku is an overrated dickhead, but I feel for him having to go deal with that shite and then being told to just put up with that sort of racism because "that's how we are, we're not ACTUALLY racist; please disregard the fact that we're racism though. But we're not the real racists like the rest of Europe."

• Subscriber

Only way you'll solve things like it is hitting them where it hurts - black players need to just not go to Italy. That will hurt Italian football as they miss out on potentially top quality players.

Can't think of how else you solve it. Make them realise they've got something to lose here.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Dan said:

Only way you'll solve things like it is hitting them where it hurts - black players need to just not go to Italy. That will hurt Italian football as they miss out on potentially top quality players.

Can't think of how else you solve it. Make them realise they've got something to lose here.

I think the concept is good but in practicality not so. It's not fair on black players to be shunned or denied moves because of the racist fans.

It's not the black players' problem to be denied football in a country they want to play in. It's the problem of the fans not realising the consequences of their actions. And therefore, the problem of the club.

You should punish the club/fans with stadium bans or huge fines/points deductions. Definitely not the player. 

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Stan said:

I think the concept is good but in practicality not so. It's not fair on black players to be shunned or denied moves because of the racist fans.

It's not the black players' problem to be denied football in a country they want to play in. It's the problem of the fans not realising the consequences of their actions. And therefore, the problem of the club.

You should punish the club/fans with stadium bans or huge fines/points deductions. Definitely not the player. 

I'm not saying enforce a rule banning black players from Italy, I'm saying black players as a collective could say we're not going to play in Italy until these problems are demonstratably sorted and action has been taken to improve the situation. Therefore they gain some of the power in the situation and make the Italians realise that it's unacceptable - because I don't think they seem to realise that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Racism in Football