talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Racism in Football

football forum

10 minutes ago, Moon Monkey said:

Look there is no question mark this time,  if you can show me were I said that? as that's a statement of fact.

Dangerous play, he's going for the ball obviously,  he must be aware of the Keepers position,  he's off the ground with both feet  one directed at the Keepers face, regardless of the ball, probably why he didn't go for a diving header.

Red card. 

With Head injuries becoming high profile now, challenges like this need looked at.

In my humble opinion 

Wait, so you don't think he's looking at the keeper, but you say he "must be aware of the keepers position"? 

So he's omnipotent Or he sees in 3rd person? 

As far as I'm concerned it's quite open and shut. He's sprinting hard, watching the ball the whole time, leaps up to gather it as it tracks across his body, he accidentally hits the keeper who happens to arrive at the same time, unaware of his exact location as he was watching the ball. 

Red card. 1 match ban for a dangerous but not malicious high foot. 

• Administrator

It's quite obviously dangerous play and a red card. I don't see how anyone can judge that bit differently. 

However you can be dangerous but also be looking at the ball shortly before the kick. It doesn't have to be one of the other.

The fact he gets/makes contact with the ball first, to me, means he was looking at the ball all the way. What he probably doesn't envisage, or predict, is that the keeper could be coming out to get the ball and is closer to him as he goes for the ball. In saying that, his action of getting the ball is already in process and he probably can't duck out of it now and has to make contact. 

In comparison, he's not gone full Cantona on the keeper. That's clearly intentional and malicious. What Roofe did is just purely dangerous. His intention I don't think was to kick the keeper like that in the face. 

58 minutes ago, Moon Monkey said:

Possibley the stupidest point I have read, the type of response a teenager would make.

So no, you’ve got no answer. I MuSt bE a TeEnAGeR. The response of a bloke that has nowhere to go. Good chat though.

15 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Wait, so you don't think he's looking at the keeper, but you say he "must be aware of the keepers position"? 

As far as I'm concerned it's quite open and shut. He's sprinting hard, watching the ball the whole time, leaps up to gather it as it tracks across his body, he accidentally hits the keeper who happens to arrive at the same time, unaware of his exact location as he was watching the ball. 

Red card. 1 match ban for a dangerous but not malicious high foot. 

You’re arguing with a bloke that posted a still picture after the player made contact with the ball and tried to use it as evidence of why it was intentional. He’s a melt.

4 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Where did I say he wasn't looking at the keeper?

Also waiting on you showing me where is said, he's looking at the keeper? Where you not able to do that?

Funny that eh? It's all becoming a bit like the Jordan Peterson/ Cathy Newman interview 

So you're saying this,  or you're saying that,  and failing.

Again, Cathy Newman stuff

As far as I'm concerned it's quite open and shut. He's sprinting hard, watching the ball the whole time,

Speculation 

leaps up to gather it as it tracks across his body, he accidentally hits the keeper who happens to arrive at the same time, unaware of his exact location as he was watching the ball. 

That's possible and likely, dangerous play though with high feet, one at head level,  you'd think they'd have a rule about that..... especially regarding head injury 

Needs looked at.

4 minutes ago, Moon Monkey said:

Where did I say he wasn't looking at the keeper?

Okay, so now you've hit me with 

"where did I say he wasn't looking at the keeper"... Implying you think he was looking at the keeper. 

But when I said you thought he was looking at the keeper you said 

"Look there is no question mark this time,  if you can show me were I said that? as that's a statement of fact." 

Pick one you utter nonce. 

2 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Right, so his eyes were on the keeper and he was attempting to smash the keeper as he kicked the ball. Gotcha. 

Oh, sorry Deadlines man, did you require an answer to this above ^ Really?  It's simply a ridiculous post, childlike and embarrassing, But since it was obviously a genuine question,  then we will break it down

So his eyes where on the keeper? Never said that! You have conconfusey words with Devil Dicks translations.

He was attempting to smash the keeper? No, never said that either, this is simply bizarre.

Gotcha? Basically you got nothing

1 hour ago, Moon Monkey said:

Focusing on the goalkeeper? While PRETENDING  to look at the ball?

You want to show me were I suggested that?

Below

On 19/03/2021 at 22:48, Moon Monkey said:

Eye on the ball? That's laughable, his foot was in the Keepers face, and the ball behind his head

And below

On 20/03/2021 at 08:58, Moon Monkey said:

Well,  it's a shame his feet weren't. 

And below 

On 20/03/2021 at 09:05, Moon Monkey said:

I'd like to see your video evidence of his eyes on the ball?

and below

22 hours ago, Moon Monkey said:

He must have eyes like Marty Feldman

And below.

20 hours ago, Moon Monkey said:

Don't know where his eyes where.....

But sure, you weren’t suggesting anything xD. If his eyes aren’t on the ball, where are you suggesting they are looking? 

But please, continue to suggest the ball was behind the keepers head in still photos without acknowledging he actually kicked the ball. 

Okay, so now you've hit me with 

"where did I say he wasn't looking at the keeper"... Implying you think he was looking at the keeper. 

But when I said you thought he was looking at the keeper you said 

"Look there is no question mark this time,  if you can show me were I said that? as that's a statement of fact." 

Pick one you utter nonce. 

I want you to highlight both, as you posted both as a statement of fact. I made neither statement. 

So it's over to you.

4 minutes ago, Moon Monkey said:

I want you to highlight both, as you posted both as a statement of fact. I made neither statement. 

So it's over to you.

Okay. He wasn't watching the ball. He wasn't watching the keeper. What was he watching, nightrider? 

@DeadLinesman @Stan put this peon up against the wall behind the chemical sheds and execute him for me please. xoxo

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Okay. He wasn't watching the ball. He wasn't watching the keeper. What was he watching, nightrider? 

@DeadLinesman @Stan put this peon up against the wall behind the chemical sheds and execute him for me please. xoxo

He’s on ignore now mate. Can’t be arsed with half these new muppets.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Below

And below

And below 

and below

And below.

None of those suggest he was Focusing on the Goalkeeper whilst pretending to look at the ball.   Surely you understand words. Seems you and Devil Dick just can't stick to what is actually written 

But sure, you weren’t suggesting anything xD. If his eyes aren’t on the ball, where are you suggesting they are looking? 

I said he was going for the ball.

But please, continue to suggest the ball was behind the keepers head in still photos without acknowledging he actually kicked the ball. 

He did make contact with the ball, 

13 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

You been caught out Devil Dick?:8_laughing:

Caught out making false statements of fact?

Can't back it up eh, funny that.

27 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

You won't admit to him ball watching, or watching the keeper. Makes it impossible to discuss. Fuck off. 

There was no discussion,  you turned into Cathy Newman

So you're saying this and you're saying that. With no reference to what I actually said, Show me where I made all those statements I asked for.

Embarrassing. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

I see what you're saying @Stan, but would you rather they didn't post anything at all? Racism is clearly a big issue, but at least they are doing something (even if it may seem a little) to help.

Therein lies the irony though. Of course everyone should be posting messages about it, raising awareness and trying to eradicate it, but it's conflicting when they seem ever so reluctant to condone what their fans did the other day with the disgraceful message towards Kamara (if I've missed anything where they have then fair enough). And I know there's the question of proof of what their player did on Thursday, so perhaps they can't speak out about that, but it needs to be more than a message on a dedicated day to eliminating racism for me... 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Therein lies the irony though. Of course everyone should be posting messages about it, raising awareness and trying to eradicate it, but it's conflicting when they seem ever so reluctant to condone what their fans did the other day with the disgraceful message towards Kamara (if I've missed anything where they have then fair enough). And I know there's the question of proof of what their player did on Thursday, so perhaps they can't speak out about that, but it needs to be more than a message on a dedicated day to eliminating racism for me... 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
14 minutes ago, Rick said:

That twat who racially abused Kamara has been given a 10 game ban for “racist behaviour”. Should be at a point now where you get a 12 month ban. 

I agree it should be more. I'm surprised it was even as much as 10 to be honest.