talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Racism in Football

football forum

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I'm surprised it isn't a call for termination of his contract. 

I'm not - that would probably open UEFA up to legal challenges. Also it punishes the club collectively rather than just punishing targeting the individual - the effect could be he just gets a free transfer (and the wage & signing bonuses that come with not having to have a transfer fee for your signing) to another club and his club gets fucked over. And I think while the Czech Republic is pretty behind the times in a lot of regards to race relations - it's unfair to brand a whole club or a whole country as racist.

I do think it should be treated probably as as serious, if not more serious, than footballer gambling restrictions. Seems a bit weird Sturridge got banned for longer for telling his cousin to bet on him going to Inter, when he didn't even go to Inter, than this twat gets for racial abuse.

But at the end of the day, at least he's punished... none of that bullshit La Liga just pulled with the "well... we couldn't PROVE it 100%" - but yeah, the punishment should be made more severe, so as to look like football is taking it more seriously. People can get charged for racist abuse, so at the end of the day... his punishment is pretty light. 

12 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm not - that would probably open UEFA up to legal challenges. Also it punishes the club collectively rather than just punishing targeting the individual - the effect could be he just gets a free transfer (and the wage & signing bonuses that come with not having to have a transfer fee for your signing) to another club and his club gets fucked over. And I think while the Czech Republic is pretty behind the times in a lot of regards to race relations - it's unfair to brand a whole club or a whole country as racist.

I do think it should be treated probably as as serious, if not more serious, than footballer gambling restrictions. Seems a bit weird Sturridge got banned for longer for telling his cousin to bet on him going to Inter, when he didn't even go to Inter, than this twat gets for racial abuse.

But at the end of the day, at least he's punished... none of that bullshit La Liga just pulled with the "well... we couldn't PROVE it 100%" - but yeah, the punishment should be made more severe, so as to look like football is taking it more seriously. People can get charged for racist abuse, so at the end of the day... his punishment is pretty light. 

Post was tongue in cheek. 

Edited by Cicero

21 hours ago, Rick said:

That twat who racially abused Kamara has been given a 10 game ban for “racist behaviour”. Should be at a point now where you get a 12 month ban. 

10 game ban for racism but Trippier got a 12 week ban for telling his mates he was going to Spain.

Give racism the red card my arse.

Give racism a 3-0 bye.

Glad to hear Kamara punched the cunt in the tunnel.

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, Rab said:

10 game ban for racism but Trippier got a 12 week ban for telling his mates he was going to Spain.

Give racism the red card my arse.

Give racism a 3-0 bye.

Glad to hear Kamara punched the cunt in the tunnel.

Remember this?

Uefa fines Nicklas Bendtner £80,000 for showing his Paddy Power sponsored underpants while Porto fined £16,700 for their fans' racist abuse

4 minutes ago, Batard said:

Remember this?

Uefa fines Nicklas Bendtner £80,000 for showing his Paddy Power sponsored underpants while Porto fined £16,700 for their fans' racist abuse

It's a joke.

16 minutes ago, Batard said:

If they were serious about this, Slavia would have been banned from Europe for their embarrassing behaviour too. 

Yeah, they were claiming all sorts of shit.

Said they had to phone the police and police scotland confirmed no contact from either club etc.

I’m not one for comparing ban lengths, I don’t think it ever really helps and doesn’t really prove too much, however, ten games is lenient for what is a crime. I don’t want to get into “well, if you two footed an old woman in the street, you’d get prison” territory because, frankly, that’s weird but racism is not treated anywhere near as serious as it should be. 

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator
9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Griezmann and Dembele caught on tape being racist to the Asian hotel worker assisting them…

What are they saying? 

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

They mock his locks, language and the “technological advancement” of where he’s from (because he’s there fixing their internet or tv - I’m not sure which one)

Dembele is a massive douchebag. After seeing in what condition he left the house where he lived in Dortmund, one should rather wonder what kind of shithole does he himself come from and how "advanced" it is. The landlord even had to sue him for 20000 Euro for the damages, and Dembele's agent arrogantly suggested that the landlord should just demolish the house and build a new one instead. Arrogant vile cunts.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Dembele is a massive douchebag. After seeing in what condition he left the house where he lived in Dortmund, one should rather wonder what kind of shithole does he himself come from and how "advanced" it is. The landlord even had to sue him for 20000 Euro for the damages, and Dembele's agent arrogantly suggested that the landlord should just demolish the house and build a new one instead. Arrogant vile cunts.

The landlord was Klopp xD

• Administrator
1 hour ago, nudge said:

Dembele never struck me as someone who took the privileged position he was in seriously. 

• Subscriber

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Awww... it's much funnier believing Klopp's the landlord xD

• Haha 2

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Klopp changed his name :ph34r:

• Haha 1