talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Racism in Football

football forum

On 17/09/2019 at 11:21, SirBalon said:

Manipulated in what sense?

As in one of those Tavistock Institute social engineering programs. Infiltrating football fans and trying to make racial conflict rife so they can 'solve' the issue by bringing in more draconian laws. Not saying it is, it could well be just a bunch of knobheads saying stupid things but it wouldn't surprise me

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.602389f7b7e7f11c01bf2de20d3a5738.png

Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet

The Football Association has written to Manchester City to ask the club for its response to a tweet sent by midfielder Bernardo Silva.

Silva compared City team-mate Benjamin Mendy to the character on the packet of Conguitos - a sweet brand available in Spain and Portugal.

The anti-discrimination charity Kick It Out had earlier called on the FA to act after the governing body confirmed it was investigating.

Manchester City declined to comment.

"We are extremely disappointed to see the tweet posted by Bernardo Silva," said the anti-discrimination body.

The post was published at 12:44 BST on Sunday but was deleted at 13:30.

Bernardo then tweeted: "Can't even joke with a friend these days."

France defender Mendy and Silva are close friends and played together at Monaco before both joined City in 2017.

Mendy responded to the tweet and did not appear to take offence. A previous video of Silva joking with Mendy has also been passed on to the FA.

A Kick It Out statement added: "Racist stereotypes are never acceptable as 'banter', and we're shocked that someone who is a role model to millions has failed to understand the discriminatory nature of his post.

"The FA has been notified and we believe that retrospective action should be taken, including mandatory education - which is vital to challenge offensive behaviour such as this."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49788633

Christ, that Bernardo Silva thing is mad. He said his pal looks like a character on a packet of sweets but because his pal is black, the racists at the FA have decided that he must be punished for it. Does the punishment involve paying them money by any chance?

Was Mendy offended? No. So why are these cretins involving themselves?

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Vegan Kel said:

Christ, that Bernardo Silva thing is mad. He said his pal looks like a character on a packet of sweets but because his pal is black, the racists at the FA have decided that he must be punished for it. Does the punishment involve paying them money by any chance?

Was Mendy offended? No. So why are these cretins involving themselves?

There's also a white version and someone (not a footballer, mind) put a Kevin De Bruyne picture next to it and there's half the fuss xD 

Maybe silva didnt mean to offend but posting that as a public figure is a major no-no. The worst part about it is that ONCE again Pep shows how much of a cunt he is . It would of been so simple to just say Silva made a mistake and move on but instead he tries to defend his player... bet the sorry son rubs his head at night as he reminds himself that pep is perfect and above ALL others. 

The picture thing is incredibly stupid to post publicly. It wasn't 'just a joke between friends' if he's posted it on social media where millions can see it. People seem to be ignoring the video that Silva also posted where he joked that Mendy was naked because he was wearing all black. That's much worse and it's barely being mentioned

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, LFCMike said:

The picture thing is incredibly stupid to post publicly. It wasn't 'just a joke between friends' if he's posted it on social media where millions can see it. People seem to be ignoring the video that Silva also posted where he joked that Mendy was naked because he was wearing all black. That's much worse and it's barely being mentioned

I actually think that was worse. I think we have to be very careful though that we don't put casual racism in the same category as deliberate racism. Not saying it is ok because after 100s of years of repression black people have a right to be offended by things like this ( some people seem to forget history) but I don't think it means that Silva is a racist person. Just maybe didn't quite think things through. I would also point out that there are other black players in the man city squad. I think it was some kind of joke between them but it should have stayed between them. 

I hope that satement doesn't come across as racist because I hate racism with a passion

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Bulgarian Football Union president resigns

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50054475

The president of the Bulgaria Football Union, Borislav Mihaylov, has resigned.

Bulgaria Prime Minister Boyko Borissov called for him to quit on Tuesday after the racist abuse of England players in the Euro 2020 qualifier in Sofia.

Monday's match, which England won 6-0, was stopped twice because of racist behaviour by home fans, which included Nazi salutes and monkey chants.

The BFU said the move "is a consequence of the recent tensions" but did not mention racism in their statement.

The statement said the tensions had created "an environment that is detrimental to Bulgarian football and the Bulgarian Football Union".

It added that "Mihaylov expresses his firm readiness to continue helping in the development of Bulgarian football in every possible way".

Earlier on Tuesday, the Bulgaria prime minister "strongly condemned" the fans' behaviour and called for Mihaylov to resign "immediately".

"After yesterday's shameful loss of the Bulgarian National Team and given the bad results of our football, I ordered to end any relationship with BFU, including financial, until the withdrawal of Borislav Mihaylov from the post," he added.

Before the match, Mihaylov had complained to Uefa about "unjust branding" after the build-up was overshadowed by fears England's players could be subjected to abuse.

The Vasil Levski Stadium was already subject to a partial closure for the match after Bulgaria were sanctioned for racist behaviour during Euro 2020 qualifiers against Kosovo and the Czech Republic.

Mihaylov, a former Reading goalkeeper, played at three World Cups for Bulgaria and has been member of Uefa's executive committee since 2011.

Uefa president Aleksander Ceferin said the "football family and governments" need to "wage war on the racists", after the abuse of England players.

Uefa told BBC Sport any action in response to Monday's events would have to follow on from a disciplinary committee, which in turn has to wait for a referee's report.

Anti-discriminatory body Fare has called for Bulgaria to be expelled from the Euro 2020 qualifying campaign.

I can't say I'm ever surprised that former Communist eastern-European countries with homogenic populations are racist. They can barely stand eachother, let alone people that actually look different. It is actually quite amusing to witness a Croat and Serb violently argue over their mutual shared history and cultures through the lens of ethnic biases. Watch them put aside differences when an Albanian or Bosnian enters the fray. Nothing unites like mutual hated!

On 29/09/2019 at 21:04, Gunnersauraus said:

I actually think that was worse. I think we have to be very careful though that we don't put casual racism in the same category as deliberate racism. Not saying it is ok because after 100s of years of repression black people have a right to be offended by things like this ( some people seem to forget history) but I don't think it means that Silva is a racist person. Just maybe didn't quite think things through. I would also point out that there are other black players in the man city squad. I think it was some kind of joke between them but it should have stayed between them. 

I hope that satement doesn't come across as racist because I hate racism with a passion

But where does the joke stop, if he was joking about a pale Irish man for example, no one wouldn't even bother take notice, I do think people are very quick to label something racist these days.  It even gets silly that people are labelling people Nazi's or Racists because they voted for Trump or Brexit for example, the world has gone mad on that level.    Silva was making a joke but maybe it was best of him to do it in a private group rather then on Social media for the crazy world to see as you have mentioned.

Edited by Panna King

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.93a4a557f56035438a39d4a8e0907423.png

Bulgaria v England: Police arrest four following racist abuse at Euro qualifier

Four Bulgarian football fans suspected of subjecting black England players to racist abuse have been detained following police raids.

England's 6-0 Euro 2020 qualifier win over Bulgaria in Sofia was stopped twice in the first half following racist chanting by home supporters.

"Work is still ongoing to identify others," a statement from Bulgaria's Ministry of the Interior said.

Bulgaria's football chief Borislav Mikhailov resigned on Tuesday.

FULL REPORT

One thing that is interesting is that about 15 years ago or so England played South Africa in a friendly. Southgate didn't go to meet nelson Mandela. Some people accused him of being racist. I think it's fair to say Southgate is not racist at all.

On 15/10/2019 at 17:54, Panna King said:

But where does the joke stop, if he was joking about a pale Irish man for example, no one wouldn't even bother take notice, I do think people are very quick to label something racist these days.  It even gets silly that people are labelling people Nazi's or Racists because they voted for Trump or Brexit for example, the world has gone mad on that level.    Silva was making a joke but maybe it was best of him to do it in a private group rather then on Social media for the crazy world to see as you have mentioned.

Like I said mate there's hundreds of years of repression behind it. If we lived in a world where there was no racism it would be ok to joke about it. I mean people make stereotype jokes all the time. But racism against black people is still very real and a sensitive subject for many people. 

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

One thing that is interesting is that about 15 years ago or so England played South Africa in a friendly. Southgate didn't go to meet nelson Mandela. Some people accused him of being racist. I think it's fair to say Southgate is not racist at all.

Reminds me of that South Park episode with Randy having to apologise to Jesse Jackson by kissing his arse.

Roy Keane told me when I was at Sunderland that if you ask for someone’s shirt(messi's)  it looks like you are in awe of them,” Henderson said of the situation in an interview with the Daily Mail.

”As it turned out, I came home with Luis Suarez’s shirt. Luis is a good lad and he gave me it as a gesture as we had played together for Liverpool. I don’t know what he’s done with mine!”

:dunce::dunce::dunce:

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Haringey Borough players have walked off the pitch after bottles were thrown and racial abuse was heard aimed towards Haringey’s keeper. 

Spat at as well apparently. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Lovely. 

Huge respect for Haringey Borough in all of this. Did the correct thing and should be applauded for doing so. 

Agreed. Their manager on 5 Live sounds terribly upset and rightly so. Even Yeovil players and staff tried to calm the fans down and didn't. 

Said he asked the ref 'can you guarantee our safety?' and ref said no so took the players off. Fair play. 

• The title was changed to Racism in Football