talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Racism in Football

football forum

• Administrator
Just now, Cicero said:

What he do?

'The video posted by Alli showed him wearing a face mask in an airport lounge, before moving the camera to show a man of Asian appearance, and then zooming in on a bottle of antiseptic hand wash.' 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

'The video posted by Alli showed him wearing a face mask in an airport lounge, before moving the camera to show a man of Asian appearance, and then zooming in on a bottle of antiseptic hand wash.' 

and he says something like "the virus needs to be quicker than that to catch me"

Pretty stupid video to upload to the internet for someone who's famous

15 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I decree this.... Not racist. 

What about the second part where he says the virus needs to be quicker if it wants to catch him?

Seems pretty racist tbh, to assume that because he's around an Asian guy (who might not even be Chinese for all we know) so he's potentially got the virus.

6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

What about the second part where he says the virus needs to be quicker if it wants to catch him?

Seems pretty racist tbh, to assume that because he's around an Asian guy (who might not even be Chinese for all we know) so he's potentially got the virus.

He obviously doesn't 'assume the Asian has the virus' He's making a current social commentary comedy skit. Word associating a virus formed in China to an Asian man in a viral mask is low brow low hanging fruit, but hardly racist. 

Also black people making black people are fast jokes isn't racist either. Settle your knickers. 

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Man City fan charged with racial abuse in the derby game

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-51930291

A Manchester City fan has been charged with hurling racist abuse at Brazilian midfielder Fred.

Video filmed during a derby match appeared to show a man making monkey gestures at the Manchester United star.

Greater Manchester Police said they received reports of a fan making racist gestures at City's Etihad stadium on 7 December.

Anthony Burke, 41, of Panfield Road, Wythenshawe, is accused of a racially aggravated public order offence.

United won the match 2-1 after goals from Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial.

Mr Burke will appear at Salford and Manchester Magistrates' Court on 15 April.

• 3 months later...

Going to be unpopular but the game shouldn’t have gone ahead today, I think. It just makes the whole thing a bit of a box ticking exercise for the Premier League that they’re not quite serious enough about. 

The Black Lives Matter patches on shirt sleeves, the t-shirts teams have worn in their warmups and the kneel prior to kick-odd just doesn’t seem quite so serious anymore after Zaha’s suffered unbelievable abuse over night/this morning and he’s gone on and played. How much he’s been effected and how much Palace were effected is not measurable for us mere fans but I can’t imagine he’s batted it off lightly and not should he. 

Postponement seems quite serious, I know, and I know the abuse didn’t happen inside a football stadium but it’s a stand I feel the Premier League should have made today. The Black Lives Matter movement isn’t purely aligned to Football, let alone Premier League Football and not sport at all, it’s far bigger than that and I don’t think it looks great that today’s game went ahead. 

Just now, Smiley Culture said:

Going to be unpopular but the game shouldn’t have gone ahead today, I think. It just makes the whole thing a bit of a box ticking exercise for the Premier League that they’re not quite serious enough about. 

The Black Lives Matter patches on shirt sleeves, the t-shirts teams have worn in their warmups and the kneel prior to kick-odd just doesn’t seem quite so serious anymore after Zaha’s suffered unbelievable abuse over night/this morning and he’s gone on and played. How much he’s been effected and how much Palace were effected is not measurable for us mere fans but I can’t imagine he’s batted it off lightly and not should he. 

Postponement seems quite serious, I know, and I know the abuse didn’t happen inside a football stadium but it’s a stand I feel the Premier League should have made today. The Black Lives Matter movement isn’t purely aligned to Football, let alone Premier League Football and not sport at all, it’s far bigger than that and I don’t think it looks great that today’s game went ahead. 

Charles Barkley said something similar. Lots of solidarity but no action actually taken.

• Administrator

The kid who did it was only 12! Has been arrested. 

Begs the question as to what environment he's been brought up in either at home or school, or both, and to where he's learned all that horrible shit. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

He was arrested?

I meant regarding the sport. I did see the kid was arrested. 

However, I think Smiley has a point. Postponing the game could have set an example. Not that racism can be eradicated, but you can try your best efforts.

5 minutes ago, Mpache said:

I meant regarding the sport. I did see the kid was arrested. 

However, I think Smiley has a point. Postponing the game could have set an example. Not that racism can be eradicated, but you can try your best efforts.

Postponing literally won't do anything. Improving efforts to come together to recognise and eliminate racism in the sport, does. 

There will always be racists. The fact this 12 year old twat was easily identified by the community and charges were set, is genuinely the best and reasonable thing that can be done. 

Edited by Cicero

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Postponing literally won't do anything. Improving efforts to come together to recognise and eliminate racism in the sport, does. 

There will always be racists. The fact this 12 year old twat was easily identified by the community and charges were set, is genuinely the best and reasonable thing that can be done. 

Aye, but bollocks to the victim, go out there and run around for our entertainment. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

You genuinely think walking off the pitch or postponing football will end racism? 

I don't think anything will end racism. There will always be a couple idiots who don't understand.

However, just taking a knee for 8 minutes will have no affect on those people. It's a nice sign of solidarity but it really wouldn't have any impact on "ending racism" itself.

I'm not talking about going to extreme heights like removing commentators or shows on Netflix, but setting an example that won't *really* affect anyone, as the game will still be played.

Anyways, I agree that arresting the kid was another good solution.

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

You genuinely think walking off the pitch or postponing football will end racism? 

Where did I say it would. I didn’t. The whole “solidarity” bollocks the Premier League has shown since the restart is exactly that, it’s bollocks. 

“Black Lives Matter but not too much, now go and run around Wilf”

15 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Where did I say it would. I didn’t. The whole “solidarity” bollocks the Premier League has shown since the restart is exactly that, it’s bollocks. 

“Black Lives Matter but not too much, now go and run around Wilf”

Simply walking off the pitch or post postponing football, will do just that. Postpone. Delaying the inevitable. 

Coming together as a community to identify, arrest, charge, and publicly shame that racist for the end of his days is the best rational thing we can do. If black lives didn't matter, that 12 year old would still be at home wanking in front of his monitor. 

7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Simply walking off the pitch or post postponing football, will do just that. Postpone. Delaying the inevitable. 

Coming together as a community to identify, arrest, charge, and publicly shame that racist for the end of his days is the best rational thing we can do. If black lives didn't matter, that 12 year old would still be at home wanking in front of his monitor. 

Is that enough? This scenario has happened countless times over the last few years and nothing changes. It’s a continuation of the same problem. 

The box ticking exercise by the Premier League is pointless now they’re not actually willing to take action. 

3 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Is that enough? This scenario has happened countless times over the last few years and nothing changes. It’s a continuation of the same problem. 

The box ticking exercise by the Premier League is pointless now they’re not actually willing to take action. 

What else can realistically be done? Suspending football isn't just delaying the inevitable, it will set a bad precedent. Next time a club is facing relegation with its star player injured, all the fans need to do (or worse, club staff members) is create anonymous profiles racially slandering footballers on social media and football is banned for two weeks. This is just one of the many handful scenarios I can think of. 

Edited by Cicero

• The title was changed to Racism in Football