Woking 0-2 Watford
Newcastle 0-2 Watford
QPR 0-1 Watford
Watford 2-1 Crystal Palace
Watford 3-2 Wolves (after extra time)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great that Watford have made it to the final rather than any of the usual suspects alongside City but can't help get the feeling they will get stuffed like a sausage roll where at least Wolves may have put up a decent fight as they seem to do against the top sides... Hoping that Watford can somehow manage to upset the apple cart.. 

Clearly man city are favourites. They are arguably the best team in the world. But based on the semi finals Watford should be confident. I mean there was nothing to suggest Watford couldn't beat them based in the two semi's

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Great that Watford have made it to the final rather than any of the usual suspects alongside City but can't help get the feeling they will get stuffed like a sausage roll where at least Wolves may have put up a decent fight as they seem to do against the top sides... Hoping that Watford can somehow manage to upset the apple cart.. 

3 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Clearly man city are favourites. They are arguably the best team in the world. But based on the semi finals Watford should be confident. I mean there was nothing to suggest Watford couldn't beat them based in the two semi's

The form between the two is ridiculous.

Man City have won last 10 meetings between the two and scored 34 goals against Watford in the process xD  

1 minute ago, Stan said:

The form between the two is ridiculous.

Man City have won last 10 meetings between the two and scored 34 goals against Watford in the process xD  

Yeah but as I said they weren't great yesterday. City are clearly favourites but Watford have a chance based on the semi's and the grit and determination they have

• Subscriber

City will stuff them before the end of the first half and the difference between the finals and the semis that Watford just got through is that City's substitutions will provide absolutely no relief to the opposition when it comes to attack and possession.

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Had the two sides met earlier in the competition you could argue for a Watford win because City might take it easy with one eye on the league. 

With everything wrapped up however and this being a cup final? Nah. 3-0 City at HT and a relaxed second 45. 

Depends if they have the  champions League final

7 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Champions League final not until 1st June though

It probably won't affect it but it could. I mean players might be extra careful not to get injured. It probably won't affect it but it could. I think Watford will feel like the chance might never come again where as man city players won't of they haven't won the league and the quadruple is of 

36 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Nope. Only one outcome I’m afraid. 

Wolves have struggled against these teams all season. They work great as a unit. Congest the midfield and restrict the width, sit back and forfeit the ball, then hit them on the break. It’s no surprise this works against the top 6. But when they face a team that does the same thing, they struggle. 

Watford will undoubtedly roll over and will lose by at least 2. It’s so nailed on it’ll probably be one of the most one sided FA Cup finals in recent memory. Wolves losing tonight killed it for the neutral viewer. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Nope. Only one outcome I’m afraid. 

Wolves have struggled against these teams all season. They work great as a unit. Congest the midfield and restrict the width, sit back and forfeit the ball, then hit them on the break. It’s no surprise this works against the top 6. But when they face a team that does the same thing, they struggle. 

Watford will undoubtedly roll over and will lose by at least 2. It’s so nailed on it’ll probably be one of the most one sided FA Cup finals in recent memory. Wolves losing tonight killed it for the neutral viewer. 

They won't roll over they will give absolutely everything they have. I think city will win but I don't think it is a guarantee. They weren't that impressive yesterday if they play like that Watford will have a decent chance

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

City will stuff them, they way they knock the ball around is one thing. But doing it on a massive pitch will be enough to knock the stuffing out of Watford.

Watford have switched off after getting past Wolves in the semi's.

They managed one win in the last 4 league games, away at relegated Huddersfield, whilst the rest were at home. Clearly the players have been distracted.

The only player I think can hurt City is Deulofeu personally.

City are on a roll, chugging out wins left, right and centre. Confidence is so high. This could be their first treble. Another record. Pep hasn't won the FA Cup yet. They will not fail with records on the line here. Pep will not allow it.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Lucas said:

Watford have switched off after getting past Wolves in the semi's.

They managed one win in the last 4 league games, away at relegated Huddersfield, whilst the rest were at home. Clearly the players have been distracted.

The only player I think can hurt City is Deulofeu personally.

City are on a roll, chugging out wins left, right and centre. Confidence is so high. This could be their first treble. Another record. Pep hasn't won the FA Cup yet. They will not fail with records on the line here. Pep will not allow it.

Not to mention the recent record over Watford, albeit in the league, as well. Smashed 5 past them on a couple of occasions. Aguero loves playing against them. 

Would like to see Watford win for the typical British mentality of backing the underdog but also because I’ve quite enjoyed watching them at times this year. I’ve also, obviously, enjoyed watching City but it would be nice to see a different name on the trophy. 

Can see Watford scoring today, not sure why but I do think City will win 2-1 or 3-1. 

• Subscriber

Hoping Watford give it a good go. They’re not playing too badly in the opening 10 minutes. One good chance for them so far but great keeping by Ederson as usual.

• The title was changed to FA Cup Final - Man City 6-0 Watford - Saturday 18th May, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived