talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sergio Aguero

• Administrator

Saw this on Twitter and thought the guy deserves his own thread. One of the greatest Premier League strikers ever. Consistency, prolific, predatory. 

Scores all kinds of goals. Wonder where Man City would be without his 200+ goals. 

Legendary striker I'd say. 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Too bad he’s a right cunt 

Haha I was gonna say something about Chelsea fans not liking him because of his stuff with David Luiz. 

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Stan said:

Saw this on Twitter and thought the guy deserves his own thread. One of the greatest Premier League strikers ever. Consistency, prolific, predatory. 

I would have him and Kevin De Bruyne at United any day, one of the best and I would rate him better than Carlos Tévez.  

An absolute Premier League legend. Unfortunately, his injury record has prevented him from winning a POTY, because people/media can't build hype around him during a season, which is needed for winning these awards. And despite regularly missing chunks of matches he gets goals over or near the twenty mark almost each season. 

Also, unlucky at the international level. Always overshadowed by Messi. 

And a Liverpool fan. 

3 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

An absolute Premier League legend. Unfortunately, his injury record has prevented him from winning a POTY, because people/media can't build hype around him during a season, which is needed for winning these awards. And despite regularly missing chunks of matches he gets goals over or near the twenty mark almost each season. 

And a Liverpool fan. 

???

He underachieved at big occasions 

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Aguero apart from his finishing skills doesn't has much creativity when compared to the likes of Suarez 

I'd say a fair chunk of Aguero's goal have come from being fairly creative.

Just now, Stan said:

I'd say a fair chunk of Aguero's goal have come from being fairly creative.

Creativity in sense of assisting and game play overall not just in finishing and scoring 

Suarez has an edge over him in that

8 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

I can certainly acknowledge that you don't follow South American football (just an assumption) but this is completely wrong. Don't let his goal tally fool you, he hasn't done anything for Argentina. Either he missed important chances for his team or just went missing on the massive occasion.

Part of that has to do with playing out of position most of the time, but even as a 9 he hasn't necessarily impressed.

Just counted, at international level he has 15 goals in competitive games. The rest are in friendlies- The Argentinian Claudio Pizarro.

4 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Wonderful player. I think he suffers a little bit for playing for an oil club, best striker in the league for me, only Kane really in the same ballpark.

What do you mean by that? He isn't as highly rated because of it; or that he is spoiled with the best supporting players money can buy?

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

Why is international games being talked about?

One of the greatest Premier League strikers ever.

Because there isn't much to talk about when it comes to his PL success. Hardly anything to debate or disagree with.

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Spike said:

Because there isn't much to talk about when it comes to his PL success. Hardly anything to debate or disagree with.

Not everything has to be a debate, as such, though.

• Subscriber

In years to come once he's off the scene, I think we will appreciate him a little more as a Premier League striker. It's hard to really see the impact he has when he's right in front of us. Definitely a really good player to watch though!

On 09/04/2019 at 16:10, Azeem said:

???

He underachieved at big occasions 

That's not on him alone. The entire team as a whole should have won something. 

23 hours ago, Grizzly21 said:

I can certainly acknowledge that you don't follow South American football (just an assumption) but this is completely wrong. Don't let his goal tally fool you, he hasn't done anything for Argentina. Either he missed important chances for his team or just went missing on the massive occasion.

Part of that has to do with playing out of position most of the time, but even as a 9 he hasn't necessarily impressed.

You are right. I don't really follow South American football. But my comment was more in line with him not being selected or preferred. Once can argue that Argentina is blessed with loads of talented attacking players and maybe he missed out because of that, apart from his injury troubles. 

Probably an unpopular opinion but here it is... Definitely not in the top 5 for me in the premier league era... He is a great striker and wont go beyond that and put him in one of the greatest bracket. Possibly the greatest for City since I have no clue about who were the other greats for City in the past. 

In the recent times Suarez, Kane, Salah, Van Persie, Rooney, Sanchez, Costa are all better than him (Younger Kane and Salah still needs to be consistent for more years to prove that point though and Sanchez, Costa had short careers in the league yet were more effective and possibly had higher conversion rates, especially Sanchez who played on the wing)... however they all offer a lot more than just scoring goals imo which Aguero lacks. And im not even going to compare him with the legends like Henry, Bergkamp, who could win matches single handedly on their own.

Saying that, for sure Aguero is the best striker City has in their modern Sheikh era. 

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Asura said:

Definitely not in the top 5 for me in the premier league era.

Who are your top 5, just out of interest? 

• Subscriber

For me you're talking Shearer, Henry, Rooney for arguably being better than Aguero. I also agree that had he only done 4-5 years in the Premier League then we'd probably see it in a different light, and if Suarez had never left Liverpool he'd be firmly in the same conversation. Kane will also come into it when he reaches the latter part of his career.

Archived