Sevilla Manager Has Chronic Leukaemia

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

379177072_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.dd970704adf57271465d458fdc150d37.png

Julen Lopetegui: Sevilla appoint former Real Madrid and Spain manager

Former Spain and Real Madrid boss Julen Lopetegui has been appointed as Sevilla manager on a three-year contract.

Lopetegui, 52, was sacked by Spain two days before the start of the 2018 World Cup after he was named as the new Real manager.

He was then sacked by Real in October after four-and-a-half months in charge following a 5-1 defeat by Barcelona.

Sevilla finished sixth in La Liga last season and sacked Pablo Machin in March after their Europa League exit.

His successor Joaquin Caparros, who was only appointed until the end of the season, revealed in April that he has chronic leukaemia.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48510777

I’m not upto scratch on Caparrós’ full situation but I do know quite a bit about Leukaemia due to my father having passed away with this disease. Chronic Leukaemia of treated correctly is one of the very manageable forms of this cancer.

29 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

379177072_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.dd970704adf57271465d458fdc150d37.png

Julen Lopetegui: Sevilla appoint former Real Madrid and Spain manager

Former Spain and Real Madrid boss Julen Lopetegui has been appointed as Sevilla manager on a three-year contract.

Lopetegui, 52, was sacked by Spain two days before the start of the 2018 World Cup after he was named as the new Real manager.

He was then sacked by Real in October after four-and-a-half months in charge following a 5-1 defeat by Barcelona.

Sevilla finished sixth in La Liga last season and sacked Pablo Machin in March after their Europa League exit.

His successor Joaquin Caparros, who was only appointed until the end of the season, revealed in April that he has chronic leukaemia.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48510777

Great appointment. It didn't work out for him at Real Madrid, although he went there at the worst time and that was the main reason it didn't work. He could do very well at Sevilla, especially if they can keep their current crop of players together. Let's remember that they were challengers for half of a season last term before falling off, so the potential is there, they just need a competent manager to guide them.

A little bit of investment wouldn't hurt either, although I'm not quite sure on Sevilla's current financial situation and whether they are able to spend a little bit in the summer.

Another big plus is that Monchi is back there now. Himself and Lopetegui could be a nice mix.

17 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Great appointment. It didn't work out for him at Real Madrid, although he went there at the worst time and that was the main reason it didn't work. He could do very well at Sevilla, especially if they can keep their current crop of players together. Let's remember that they were challengers for half of a season last term before falling off, so the potential is there, they just need a competent manager to guide them.

A little bit of investment wouldn't hurt either, although I'm not quite sure on Sevilla's current financial situation and whether they are able to spend a little bit in the summer.

Another big plus is that Monchi is back there now. Himself and Lopetegui could be a nice mix.

Do people in Spain still harbour I'll will towards Lopetegui?

6 hours ago, Harry said:

Do people in Spain still harbour I'll will towards Lopetegui?

I think so mate, although I doubt Sevilla fans will be complaining if he does well there.

It was certainly a terrible way of turning your back on the national team though as they may have had a good world cup had he not left them in the lurch.

Archived