talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 2-0 Porto - Tuesday 9th April, 2019 (QF 1st Leg)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm concerned our guard will be down for this and we'll get stung with an unpleasant result...

Hopefully I'm wrong and we can make a solid start and not end up needing to go to a higher gear but the perception of Porto being among the easier ties is what concerns me...

18 minutes ago, Harry said:

I'm concerned our guard will be down for this and we'll get stung with an unpleasant result...

Hopefully I'm wrong and we can make a solid start and not end up needing to go to a higher gear but the perception of Porto being among the easier ties is what concerns me...

What will it take for you to have more faith in this side? You seem reluctant to back them even in matches we're heavy favourites for! xD

4 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Get quick goals and rest the forwards for Sunday. 

Milner at LB, which means most probably a Gini-Fabinho-Hendo midfield. 

Won't mind Gini rested for this and Keita to start. The Dutchman needs a break. 

Yeah was thinking the same about Wijnaldum. Been quite poor for a few weeks now. Not sure on the stats but I think he will have played a lot more minutes than our other midfielders this season. He could do with sitting one or two out.

20 hours ago, LFCMike said:

What will it take for you to have more faith in this side? You seem reluctant to back them even in matches we're heavy favourites for! xD

:D

I tend to go against the grain. If the mindset of the fans is that we will win comfortably then that leads me to think we'll be at risk of having one eye on the weekend and in the Champions league that can be enough to tip the scales the other way.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

:D

I tend to go against the grain. If the mindset of the fans is that we will win comfortably then that leads me to think we'll be at risk of having one eye on the weekend and in the Champions league that can be enough to tip the scales the other way.

Doesn't really matter what we think or say on the internet, Klopp certainly won't be letting the players think like that.

• Subscriber

I don't think we'll get overrun in this one or lose it but we have to ensure we don't concede a goal in this one to afford some kind of advantage in the return leg. Also, I hope we don't sustain any injuries here that would be horrible.

• Administrator

2-0 Firmino. I feel like he's been an underrated player for Liverpool this season while other players get the goals and attention. Happy for him he's bagged one tonight.

• The title was changed to Liverpool 2-0 Porto - Tuesday 9th April, 2019 (QF 1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived