talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 1-0 Man City - Tuesday 9th April, 2019 (QF 1st Leg)

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Hopefully this is a blueprint for Spurs taking 3 points off them later this month.

Think thats a bit hard considering they will be playing away from home but they will be facing each other twice that week so anything is possible. I am a little more baffled by how Aguero missed a penalty today, not to take anything away from Hugo.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I can see them selling Mahrez this summer. Just doesn't seem to work for them whatsoever. Think he's had his limitations shown to be honest and that's from someone who worshipped him. An excellent talent but doesn't really press well enough to play in this side. 

I think they'd forgive him if he was 21/22 but he's 28.

49 minutes ago, Stan said:

Fernandinho is nothing like Roy Keane, come on xD

Keane was a dirty bastard. 

See, I just don't get this. Fernandinho is a dirty bastard, but it's just ignored. He's arguably the dirtiest bastard in the top flight.

Did you watch the video? He elbows Kane in the head multiple times, and the way he decides to get himself off the ground is by placing his hand on Kane's neck and using Kane's head as support to prop himself up. He's more brazen than Fellaini with his elbows, and Fellaini's most useful skill is being able to elbow people in the head and avoid getting in trouble.

6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Hopefully this is a blueprint for Spurs taking 3 points off them later this month.

We went for a draw tonight and paid the price, hopefully Pep will play our strongest attacking team next time and stick to what we know best  ..this game tonight only goes to prove that the league is our main focus, we played at half the tempo we normally do, i understand we have a lot of games close together but now we have to work harder in the 2nd leg if we want to progress, Pep should of got a few away goals tonight then defended it at home instead of going half arsed tonight

• Administrator

Maybe I have a different picture in my head about Keane being dirtier then xD

@Dr. Gonzo I did see the incident. There was also a time Kane jumped up with his elbow on Fernandinho as well. Not to mention Rose doing a rugby-style hand in to the face of Fernandinho as well! 

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

He is a dirty cunt to be fair xD  ..he's our new De jong but without the leg breakers!! 

No one is like De Jong because most people prefer to be subtle, De Jong was in your face and brazen about what he was doing too. Can't get the ball? No problem I will just kick him ... in the face. I do miss watching him play though haha.

36 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

No one is like De Jong because most people prefer to be subtle, De Jong was in your face and brazen about what he was doing too. Can't get the ball? No problem I will just kick him ... in the face. I do miss watching him play though haha.

He was my favourite player  .." when De Jong, goes sliding in, when De Jong goes sliding in ..there will be blood, shit and carnage, when De Jong goes sliding in" :drunk:

Just the sight of the man was enough to put Hazard on his backside in fear ..."Arh it's De Jong, have it" :D

tumblr_m8nk5yC2st1r1fq7do1_500.gif

• Subscriber

Fernandinho is a massive dirty bastard. The only reason you'd think Roy Keane was worse would be that he spoke English so he gobbed off more about how hard he was including the time he admitted to deliberately trying to injure an opponent.

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

He was my favourite player  .." when De Jong, goes sliding in, when De Jong goes sliding in ..there will be blood, shit and carnage, when De Jong goes sliding in" :drunk:

Just the sight of the man was enough to put Hazard on his backside in fear ..."Arh it's De Jong, have it" :D

tumblr_m8nk5yC2st1r1fq7do1_500.gif

Shame you cant see his face in that GIF because hes doing this.

brown-chihuahua-snarling-with-teeth-show

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Fernandinho is a massive dirty bastard. The only reason you'd think Roy Keane was worse would be that he spoke English so he gobbed off more about how hard he was including the time he admitted to deliberately trying to injure an opponent.

And there was a real rivalry with another player (Vieira) so it resonates in my memory more. 

• The title was changed to Tottenham 1-0 Man City - Tuesday 9th April, 2019 (QF 1st Leg)
  • Administrator
9 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

What happened to the Tottenham lad on here? Seems like loads of people have stopped posting, don't miss the twat Man Utd fan but the Tottenham fella was alright.

Storts stopped posting because the twat Man Utd fan (and the Norwich one) were temporarily suspended. 

9 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

We went for a draw tonight and paid the price, hopefully Pep will play our strongest attacking team next time and stick to what we know best  ..this game tonight only goes to prove that the league is our main focus, we played at half the tempo we normally do, i understand we have a lot of games close together but now we have to work harder in the 2nd leg if we want to progress, Pep should of got a few away goals tonight then defended it at home instead of going half arsed tonight

I really don't get why the league would be your team's main focus mate. Who knows how much longer Pep will stay before he moves on...? This is a huge opportunity to win the Champions league, the biggest prize in club football.

I understand why most Liverpool fans would take the league over the CL if given the option but if we'd broken that drought already I'm sure it would be the aim of most to win in Europe and break that RM Barca stranglehold.

6 hours ago, Stan said:

Maybe I have a different picture in my head about Keane being dirtier then xD

@Dr. Gonzo I did see the incident. There was also a time Kane jumped up with his elbow on Fernandinho as well. Not to mention Rose doing a rugby-style hand in to the face of Fernandinho as well! 

I think that Rose thing was well after Fernandinho should have been sent off though and after that I don’t blame Rose.

I suspect one day someone will try to punch Fernandinho in the face while on the pitch. Tbh I’m surprised Kane didn’t after that

51 minutes ago, Harry said:

I really don't get why the league would be your team's main focus mate. Who knows how much longer Pep will stay before he moves on...? This is a huge opportunity to win the Champions league, the biggest prize in club football.

I understand why most Liverpool fans would take the league over the CL if given the option but if we'd broken that drought already I'm sure it would be the aim of most to win in Europe and break that RM Barca stranglehold.

The league is clearly our main focus with the team & tactics he used last night, back to back title has not been done for a long time and we could do a domestic quad with the title, both cups & shield 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived