Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Man Utd 0-1 Barcelona - Wednesday 10th April, 2019 (QF 1st Leg)

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png      VS      1011px-Logo_FC_Barcelona.svg.png

Kick-off 20.00

Barcelona wins both matches. 

It'll take something ridiculous for United to get anything from this tie

I didn't expect them to beat PSG. 

I don't expect them to beat Barca. It'd be nice if they surprised me again.

Barcelona have all their players in full-peak right now. I can't imagine any United player wanting to play against Suarez and Messi with the form they are currently in. Don't see any way that this United team gets anything here (I know I said it before when they played PSG but this is Barcelona and I cant imagine they'll choke here).

It would be nice to get a winning result in this match but I guess it's just a dream atm but you never know, at least a lot of youngsters watching the match can say they saw the little genius in Messi playing at OT. :x

You never know, we might lose this match 2-0 at OT and win at the Camp Nou 3-0 :shutup:  :eek:   

The most unbalanced of the four ties.

0-2

• Upvote 1

There are two underlying stories in this game - interest in Paul Pogba's move to Spain is getting more than just interest and Ole and Man U have always kept an eye on Ivan Rakitic's career.  With a space in mid-field and Barca's seeming willingness to consider releasing him, Ivan may want to prove a point in these two games.  Not sure Raquel would love to swap Barcelona for Manchester but with the two girls now 5 and coming up to 3 the move would not be as difficult as it would have been two years ago when interest was first mooted.  It would be Ivan's final move and with Ole in charge he would be able to play his own game which would be brilliant for Rashford and Co up front and would make Pogba's loss less influential. I have missed the Tapas gatherings in Dinain since he moved to Barca, but maybe there's a good Tapas Bar in the 'posh' area of Manchester or Altincham which would be worth looking at!  Not trivial items and all part of a serious discussion into a possible move.  The games have great significance for both sets of supporters, but underlying that are other personal things which could affect the game - even Pogba has something to prove before his possible big move as he just might be one of Barca's main 'hates' next season!  Basel to Gelsenkirchen to Seville to Barcelona to Manchester - what a journey!    Watch this space.

On 08/04/2019 at 23:49, ASF said:

The most unbalanced of the four ties.

0-2

Juventus/ Ajax gives that label a run 

Not a foregone conclusion. You'd imagine the prawn munchers will rise for this one, a rainy night in Manny with a physical side can get something. Chelsea set the blueprint.

United don't have Cech, Terry, Lampard, or Drogba

38 minutes ago, Rick said:

Juventus/ Ajax gives that label a run 

On paper you could make the argument it’s neither of those two...

Barcelona have never beaten United at Old Trafford. There's a nice stat for you. I expect them to change that tonight.

Leaked United Team

De Gea - Young, Smalling, Lindelof, Shaw - Dalot, Fred, McTominay, Pogba - Rashford, Lukaku. 

11 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Leaked United Team

De Gea - Young, Smalling, Lindelof, Shaw - Dalot, Fred, McTominay, Pogba - Rashford, Lukaku. 

I agree thats a very leaky team.

United win this tie I'm convinced they will win the CL

Seeing Messi lead out his Barcelona whilst Ashley Young leads out United just shows the state of each club. 

• Upvote 2

Do United really not have anyone better than Dalot to attack with Rashford and Lukaku :/ ?!

football forum

Pogba proper reminds me of Andre Carrillo.

Class when he wants to be, but more often than not lazy.

Suarez onside there. This will be given. 

Lovely cross from Messi. Accurate header from Suarez. 0-1.