talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 0-1 Barcelona - Wednesday 10th April, 2019 (QF 1st Leg)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Barcelona have all their players in full-peak right now. I can't imagine any United player wanting to play against Suarez and Messi with the form they are currently in. Don't see any way that this United team gets anything here (I know I said it before when they played PSG but this is Barcelona and I cant imagine they'll choke here).

• Subscriber

It would be nice to get a winning result in this match but I guess it's just a dream atm but you never know, at least a lot of youngsters watching the match can say they saw the little genius in Messi playing at OT. :x

You never know, we might lose this match 2-0 at OT and win at the Camp Nou 3-0 :shutup:  :eek:   

There are two underlying stories in this game - interest in Paul Pogba's move to Spain is getting more than just interest and Ole and Man U have always kept an eye on Ivan Rakitic's career.  With a space in mid-field and Barca's seeming willingness to consider releasing him, Ivan may want to prove a point in these two games.  Not sure Raquel would love to swap Barcelona for Manchester but with the two girls now 5 and coming up to 3 the move would not be as difficult as it would have been two years ago when interest was first mooted.  It would be Ivan's final move and with Ole in charge he would be able to play his own game which would be brilliant for Rashford and Co up front and would make Pogba's loss less influential. I have missed the Tapas gatherings in Dinain since he moved to Barca, but maybe there's a good Tapas Bar in the 'posh' area of Manchester or Altincham which would be worth looking at!  Not trivial items and all part of a serious discussion into a possible move.  The games have great significance for both sets of supporters, but underlying that are other personal things which could affect the game - even Pogba has something to prove before his possible big move as he just might be one of Barca's main 'hates' next season!  Basel to Gelsenkirchen to Seville to Barcelona to Manchester - what a journey!    Watch this space.

• The title was changed to Man Utd 0-1 Barcelona - Wednesday 10th April, 2019 (QF 1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived