talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Benfica 4-2 Eintracht Frankfurt - Thursday 11th April, 2019 (QF 1st Leg)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

The Europa League is actually better than the Champions League from this stage onwards. You might not get Messi and Ronaldo on show but at least you don't have to get let down by the same borefests between the same risk averse 'giants' every season. Just good matches between evenly matched sides who don't play each other every other season.

We got lucky that Frankfurt player seems slightly off side. If he's not, maybe the ref considered that some of the other players who are off side blocked the keeper's view. Still embarrassing to almost concede two goals against 10 men...

It's hard to trust this team even if we win by 3 or 4 goals today. Frankfurt are good and will be better at home.

15 minutes ago, Stan said:

Joao Felix impressing once again. Class talent.

The goal is nothing special but it is a breath of fresh air to see how he dared to take that shot... he has that good "arrogance" to try those, and many times it works for him.

4-2 is not a great result at all. It's only slightly better than 1-0. It's really a bad result considering we were one man up most of the time.

Expect another goal fest in the 2nd leg...

I think this game showcases the quality gap between both leagues. We're used to play against shit teams that don't dare to create chances when down to 10 men ¬¬ We might be the slightly better side individually but Frankfurt are on another level when it comes to game intensity thanks to playing in the Bundesliga.

4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

The Europa League is actually better than the Champions League from this stage onwards. You might not get Messi and Ronaldo on show but at least you don't have to get let down by the same borefests between the same risk averse 'giants' every season. Just good matches between evenly matched sides who don't play each other every other season.

Yeah I know what you mean. I was gonna start a thread about whether it had improved since a champions League place was given to the winner.

2 hours ago, Machado said:

4-2 is not a great result at all. It's only slightly better than 1-0. It's really a bad result considering we were one man up most of the time.

Expect another goal fest in the 2nd leg...

I think this game showcases the quality gap between both leagues. We're used to play against shit teams that don't dare to create chances when down to 10 men ¬¬ We might be the slightly better side individually but Frankfurt are on another level when it comes to game intensity thanks to playing in the Bundesliga.

It's a shame really. Portugal does have a good history in Europein competition. They have produced two teams that have won the Europein cup which is as many as spain have.

• The title was changed to Benfica 4-2 Eintracht Frankfurt - Thursday 11th April, 2019 (QF 1st Leg)
15 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Yeah I know what you mean. I was gonna start a thread about whether it had improved since a champions League place was given to the winner.

It's always been class to watch and hasn't changed.

Just because English clubs aren't shit in it now doesn't mean it's suddenly an improved tournament.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived