talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

4 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Atomic Blonde - 7/10 Your prototypical action flick. Albeit with a rocking half naked Charlize Theron in parts and an absolutely killer soundtrack. 

Dude, the soundtrack was the best part. Neue Deutsche Welle ftw. Charlize Theron was great and totally believable as a total bad ass, and James McAvoy never disappoints. 

• Like 1

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

Dude, the soundtrack was the best part. Neue Deutsche Welle ftw. Charlize Theron was great and totally believable as a total bad ass, and James McAvoy never disappoints. 

Agreed; the soundtrack made it worth watching on its own tbh. I did quite like the raw fight scenes between her and the KGB there too. Is it a guilty pleasure? not sure if it qualifies but i definitely enjoyed it more then i thought i would.

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Last Jedi (2017)

The first 60 minutes or so were amazing, and I thought this could be one of my favourite Star Wars films of all time. Then it all went kind of downhill. It was flat, predictable and full of odd and strange scenes. 

Adam Driver was the best thing about this film. 

7/10 (one point just because of Adam Driver as Kylo Ren) 

• Subscriber

Love Actually - 9/10 Not my type of movie, i dont watch alot of rom coms or christmas movies and this was a mix of both. But it does so absolutely brilliantly, the stories are all relateable in different walks of life. The collection of actors was top notch and the performances. Great holiday movie.

Edited by Viva la FCB
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Love Actually - 9/10 Not my type of movie, i dont watch alot of rom coms or christmas movies and this was a mix of both. But it does so absolutely brilliantly, the stories are all relateable in different walks of life. The collection of actors was top notch and the performances. Great holiday movie.

*sigh* okay, I'll watch it. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tsubasa said:

*sigh* okay, I'll watch it. 

I know, i was skeptical hence i waited all this time but you wont regret it! Ill paint you this picture of my saturday night watching it; 10:00 we threw the movie on my girlfriend and her mom and I, girlfriend started falling asleep 30 40 mins in and went off to bed, her mom lasted about an hour in and im dead tired but i sat up until midnight watching by myself to find out what happens :D

• Upvote 1

Just now, Viva la FCB said:

I know, i was skeptical hence i waited all this time but you wont regret it! Ill paint you this picture of my saturday night watching it; 10:00 we threw the movie on my girlfriend and her mom and I, girlfriend started falling asleep 30 40 mins in and went off to bed, her mom lasted about an hour in and im dead tired but i sat up until midnight watching by myself to find out what happens :D

Nice, now I just need a girlfriend with a mom. 

• Like 1

Saw 'Ferdinand',  and it's a decent enough effort. Having seen the original short as a kid,  there was quite a bit that was added in this one,  and yet it didn't feel unique or fresh. But it's still a decent animated movie, despite the predictable humour and plot. 

On a side note, yet another time I was alone in the movie hall. Really enjoyed the silence.

IMG_20171219_133106.jpg 

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Saw 'Ferdinand',  and it's a decent enough effort. Having seen the original short as a kid,  there was quite a bit that was added in this one,  and yet it didn't feel unique or fresh. But it's still a decent animated movie, despite the predictable humour and plot. 

On a side note, yet another time I was alone in the movie hall. Really enjoyed the silence.

IMG_20171219_133106.jpg 

Interesting. So the real question is how many times did you pull it? :ph34r:

7 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

IMG_20171219_133106.jpg 

That is my dream scenario. Usually, I try to book a seat online that looks pretty reclusive, but I still end up with some mouthbreather next to me. 

Sabans Power Rangers - 8.5/10

Very underrated film. No annoying characters, great acting, great team chemistry and great action.

My main complain was that Rita was given awful dialogue and didn't feel like a great villain (I'm aware she was part of the original show)

My other complain although a very minor one was that some scenes felt adrupt

Otherwise I'd recommend it. I haven't seen Power Rangers in 10 years so I can't say I'm a "fan" even though I enjoyed it as a child, but even so there are still some really great things that most people will get and get goosebumps like when the theme came on.

On 23/12/2017 at 4:01 AM, Viva la FCB said:

Interesting. So the real question is how many times did you pull it? :ph34r:

Excuse my poor English but I am confused with that question. I have,  in my head,  multiple meanings for the 'pull'. The ninja smiley just makes it worse.:D

@topic

Just finished watching 'Call me by your name', and I can totally understand the hype around it. But it's not just a gay love story. There are so many other little aspects in it. But above all,  it is indeed a lovely love story. Well written, well shot and we'll acted. 

Timothy Chalamet is going to be a huge star in the future. He is like the thinner Ansel Elgort with a bigger acting range. Armie Hammer was a good surprise. Special mention to Michael Stulhburg,  who was brilliant. His monologue in the end is so beautiful that I listened to it three times. And then, there are Sufjan Stevens' songs.

It's not a movie for everyone.  The start is slow,  the talk around art can seem pretentious and some of the stuff is quite bold, especially that peach scene, but if you like good romantic movies then this a worthy watch. 

Edited by IgnisExcubitor
  • Haha 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Excuse my poor English but I am confused with that question. I have,  in my head,  multiple meanings for the 'pull'. The ninja smiley just makes it worse.:D

Alright alright I'll put it this way, where you watching a reshowing of the old classic striptease and treating your body like an amusement park :D

• Haha 2