talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

• Subscriber

Goon 2: The Last of the Enforcers - 6/10 - The first Goon was a classic, up there with Slapshot for hockey lore movies. This had some good lines and laughs but it just couldnt live up to the original not unlike many sequels. 

Edited by Viva la FCB

• Subscriber

Star Wars: The Last Jedi - 7/10 

Eh, pretty average. Good visuals, the plot was nothing special with an hour and a half long car chase and somewhat predictable turns. Both The Force Awakens and Rogue 1 where quite a bit better. I do love me some BB8.   

Edited by Viva la FCB

Coco

10/10

I could talk about it for a while. Great story, original idea, great characters, touching moments and great twists. The family is so relatable too, the kids grandmother reminded me of my family, as I of course come from Latin origins.

You don't need to be latino to enjoy this wonderful film though. Pixar's best work since Up.

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Blue said:

Coco

10/10

I could talk about it for a while. Great story, original idea, great characters, touching moments and great twists. The family is so relatable too, the kids grandmother reminded me of my family, as I of course come from Latin origins.

You don't need to be latino to enjoy this wonderful film though. Pixar's best work since Up.

Just finished watching this, absolutely loved it. The music, the colours, the story, sad and funny moments; it's definitely quite a ride. Sends a strong message towards those that had ever lost their loved ones; I would have wept like a baby if I watched it alone xD Seriously great, and that's coming from someone who hasn't even watched animated movies in the last few years.

10/10

17 minutes ago, nudge said:

Just finished watching this, absolutely loved it. The music, the colours, the story, sad and funny moments; it's definitely quite a ride. Sends a strong message towards those that had ever lost their loved ones; I would have wept like a baby if I watched it alone xD Seriously great, and that's coming from someone who hasn't even watched animated movies in the last few years.

10/10

I wish Pixar would spend more time on films like these. Unfortunately, they've gotten a bit lazy now as they seem to be focusing more on sequels and prequels than actual original new films. We're not getting a new one until 2020. I get the need for Incredibles 2 after so much demand, but Toy Story 4 I don't think was necessary. They could have waited a bit longer for that.

Detroit 7.5/10

Even having watched some really gritty movies lately (Shot Caller and Dunkirk) I still had to admire how Detroit drops you right in the thick of it. The action is in your face and they don't shy away from the brutality. Although Detroit feels firmly grounded in reality, the movie does have a sense of style. For example, the beginning has an animated segment that isn't pretty and they use it to drive home the hopelessness of the situation.

Detroit is an engrossing and tense thriller. The movie is very intense and some scenes are quite hard to watch given the content. Things get downright brutal and where some stories play with some of the characters having ambiguous motives, this is not one of those. The villains are disgusting and their behaviour is downright savage to hit home just how real things were. Every turn the story makes, things get nastier but you can't turn away.

Detroit's cast is well rounded and there is definitely some excellent acting from everyone involved but one person kind of steals the show. Will Poulter is the villain of the piece as Krauss and he puts on a show that feels like a coming out performance for him, his character is so detestable. He seem's to have come a long way from a kid in the Maze Runner films.

If I had one complaint about Detroit is that by the time you get to the end of the movie, it does begin to drag. This is a long movie and I get why they had to include so much but I was hoping for a quicker resolution. And it was weird to see John Boyega in something other than Finn from Star Wars, but he did a good job.

All in all, a gripping watch.

Dragonball Evolution

0/10

Watching it made me think... am I watching Avatar The Last Airbender, Star Wars, Power Rangers or Dragonball.

Rips off so many films and tries to stay true to the anime at the same time. Its an embarrassment of a film.

The Killing of a Sacred Deer 8/10

Didn't think I'd like this but what an absorbing watch. Farrell/Kidman both very solid in this but without a shadow of a doubt, Barry Keoghan steals the show with a masterfully sinister display as a 16 year old chilling young boy called Martin. Every scene he is in is literally mesmerizing to watch.

Eerie gliding camerawork, a haunting orchestral score and a cleverly constructed well-linked plot all contributes to what is a very fascinating/strange film in my opinion. The bleak and cold unfeeling nature of it makes the audience feel helpless and miserable. It presents a many uncomfortable situations and a moral dilemma that is very horrifying leading to a sway of opinion of the main character (Colin Farrell). The ending is quite dark and unpleasant as well.

If you know your greek mythology, you will understand the general idea from the film title which is very clever as well. All in all, totally worth a watch.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Blue said:

Dragonball Evolution

0/10

Watching it made me think... am I watching Avatar The Last Airbender, Star Wars, Power Rangers or Dragonball.

Rips off so many films and tries to stay true to the anime at the same time. Its an embarrassment of a film.

A lot of people gave up on Dragon ball when they didn't like GT.  I personally really liked most of GT but from what I understand all the recent reboot stuff they've tried to do has been terrible.

6 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

A lot of people gave up on Dragon ball when they didn't like GT.  I personally really liked most of GT but from what I understand all the recent reboot stuff they've tried to do has been terrible.

Dragon ball Super started out terribly but it's gotten really original now. I'm not following it but I've caught an episode here and there and I like what they are trying to do with it.

Dragonball Evolution on the other hand...

17 hours ago, Lucas said:

The Killing of a Sacred Deer 8/10

Didn't think I'd like this but what an absorbing watch. Farrell/Kidman both very solid in this but without a shadow of a doubt, Barry Keoghan steals the show with a masterfully sinister display as a 16 year old chilling young boy called Martin. Every scene he is in is literally mesmerizing to watch.

Eerie gliding camerawork, a haunting orchestral score and a cleverly constructed well-linked plot all contributes to what is a very fascinating/strange film in my opinion. The bleak and cold unfeeling nature of it makes the audience feel helpless and miserable. It presents a many uncomfortable situations and a moral dilemma that is very horrifying leading to a sway of opinion of the main character (Colin Farrell). The ending is quite dark and unpleasant as well.

If you know your greek mythology, you will understand the general idea from the film title which is very clever as well. All in all, totally worth a watch.

Great film. If you haven't watched them already I recommend Lanthimos' other films Dogtooth and The Lobster.

Raw 8/10

Defs one of the more disturbing films I've seen, and I normally consider myself unbothered by films. But it's really well acted and put together, and all the little details like music and the look of the film really keep you captivated even when you really don't want to watch. The premise is an interesting idea too. 

36 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Raw 8/10

Defs one of the more disturbing films I've seen, and I normally consider myself unbothered by films. But it's really well acted and put together, and all the little details like music and the look of the film really keep you captivated even when you really don't want to watch. The premise is an interesting idea too. 

The bit where she's sat in front of the fridge eating raw chicken affected me more than the eating of human flesh. xD

10 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

The bit where she's sat in front of the fridge eating raw chicken affected me more than the eating of human flesh. xD

Tbh for such a small moment, the tooth in the shower really gave me a chill up my back hahaha

Although it's totally different in terms of tone, it really made me think of Martyrs. You're horrified half the time but you're also completely engrossed in the film.

Must be something about French directors. 

Edited by Inverted

'Intimacy'

3/10

'River of No Return'

6/10

'The Birth of a Nation (2016)'

8/10

'The Commitments'

4/10

'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'

7.5/10

'Grease'

I don't like Travolta, but this was decent.

7/10

'Sing'

6/10

'Sully'

6.5/10

'The Emperor's New Groove'

Weak. Good thing it doesn't last long.

4/10

'To Wong Foo Thanks For Everything, Julie Newmar'

I love Patrick Swayze, but this one was poor.

3/10

'It (2017)'

'You'll float too.' Very good.

8/10

'Dunkirk'

I expected more from it. One of the weakest war movies I've seen, despite having Tom Hardy in it.

6/10

'Creed'

5/10

'PotC: Dead Men Tell No Tales'

Rubbish. Depp had the best performance, so that tells you a lot about this movie.

3/10

'The Great Wall'

Good visuals. Nothing else.

4/10

'Moana'

Entertaining. I was quite surprised with it.

7.5/10