talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

John Wick Chapter 2 - 9/10 

Better than the first, just a bloody fantastic action film. Keanu Reeves is just a beast. Loved all the new characters and elements to the world. Very much looking forward to the new one. 

Justice League - N/A 

Got about a hour or so in and switched it off. Load of absolute wank. I'm stuck in hospital and I'd rather sit in silence than finish that bollocks. Warner Bros just haven't got a fucking clue what they want to do with these characters. Don't get me wrong, I'm sick to death of the over saturated superhero market, but at least Marvel have a plan and still deliver good films. DC & Warner Bros are failing so hard. They could do with another reboot as ridiculous as that sounds. 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Justice League - N/A 

Got about a hour or so in and switched it off. Load of absolute wank. I'm stuck in hospital and I'd rather sit in silence than finish that bollocks. Warner Bros just haven't got a fucking clue what they want to do with these characters. Don't get me wrong, I'm sick to death of the over saturated superhero market, but at least Marvel have a plan and still deliver good films. DC & Warner Bros are failing so hard. They could do with another reboot as ridiculous as that sounds. 

All started with the Man of Steel film. Had the potential to set the tone for the DC franchise, and judging by its early trailers and casting, it looks like they were going towards a great direction. 

Biggest tease in superhero film history. It was shit, and everything after that was shit. Who's ever bright idea to cast Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luther, needs to be sacked as well as everyone that went along with it. Do not get me started on the concept of combining Zod and Luther DNA to create Doomsday. Like, what the actual fuck? 

I agree that a reboot is necessary. 

Edited by Cicero

Persona - 8.5/10

Not sure I entirely understood what it was really about but it looked amazing stylistically and the two lead actresses are amazing.  Not like anything I've seen before and definitely think I'll watch another Bergman film. 

19 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Persona - 8.5/10

Not sure I entirely understood what it was really about but it looked amazing stylistically and the two lead actresses are amazing.  Not like anything I've seen before and definitely think I'll watch another Bergman film. 

Watch Wild Strawberries and The Seventh Seal. Both are brilliant.

3 minutes ago, ASF said:

Watch Wild Strawberries and The Seventh Seal. Both are brilliant.

I was thinking The Seventh Seal. I've found a streaming service I'm thinking of signing up for that includes Criterion's whole range of films, so over the summer I can hopefully watch a lot more films like Persona that I've always been meaning to.

Edited by Inverted

• 2 weeks later...

Watched 'Extinction' last night.. 

Can't really say too much about it without giving most of it away.... Basically a bloke starts having nightmares about the planet being attacked and everyone getting killed... have to watch it yourself to see where it all goes..

Not a bad watch for an hour and a half... 

Just coming back from Mission Impossible Fallout. The last one, Rogue Nation, had a better story, as in smarter, and was a better movie overall but this one is just so much fun. From the start to the end it's a highly enjoyable movie. The action and fight scenes are long but they never seem tedious for some reason. 

• Subscriber

The Guest

What a weird movie... xD a sort of a blend of 80s thriller, slasher horror and action with a lot of synthpop music and a brilliant performance by Dan Stevens who plays a psychopathic ex-soldier who one day appears at a house of a family and claims to be a friend of their dead son, and then things start happening. The first half of the movie is very promising, but then the plot becomes fairly nonsensical and predictable. Still weirdly entertaining though, a tongue in cheek 80s action movie nostalgia, darkly comical, campy B movie.

6.5/10

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, nudge said:

The Guest

What a weird movie... xD a sort of a blend of 80s thriller, slasher horror and action with a lot of synthpop music and a brilliant performance by Dan Stevens who plays a psychopathic ex-soldier who one day appears at a house of a family and claims to be a friend of their dead son, and then things start happening. The first half of the movie is very promising, but then the plot becomes fairly nonsensical and predictable. Still weirdly entertaining though, a tongue in cheek 80s action movie nostalgia, darkly comical, campy B movie.

6.5/10

Yea it was a bit weird.... 

Watched 'Avengers Infinity War' and 'Jurassic World' last night.. 

Not sure how many more Jurassic's they can crank out... better that we just all get eaten and be done with it, mild entertainment really, had a restless night so kept me entertained for a while..

6/10

Didn't think I would be keen on the new Avengers film but was a bit surprised it was better than I expected.. Thanos has thrown some serious shit into the mix.. Josh Brolin has been a real scene stealer in both this and Deadpool 2 

8/10

On 29/07/2018 at 23:08, Bluewolf said:

Watched 'Extinction' last night.. 

Can't really say too much about it without giving most of it away.... Basically a bloke starts having nightmares about the planet being attacked and everyone getting killed... have to watch it yourself to see where it all goes..

Not a bad watch for an hour and a half... 

I was tempted to give it a go but thought it looked a bit shit, I did like the cast mind.