talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

TGTB is still my personal favourite western. Outlaw Josie Wales was top notch too. The dollars are always good, Hang em High. Definitely all are rewatchable, probably about time i do the same B|

To be honest, I much prefer Spaghetti westerns over the American ones. They are somehow much more epic - they are also grittier, dirtier, nihilistic; feels more realistic in their appearance; they feature antiheroes as protagonists, and the representation of the villain is also much more complex than simply "this is a bad guy". 
I would watch anything with Clint Eastwood though, haha.

I watched Death Rides a Horse (1967) a few days ago, a revenge story with a twist starring Lee van Cleef who's amazing again, and John Phillip Law who didn't impress me much, his character and acting just feels "wooden", and his monotone John Wayne impression doesn't help either, but it was interesting to see the chemistry between the two. 7/10

Next up is Once upon a Time in the West, Mercenary (set to be released on BluRay this year!), The Great Silence, and Duck, you Sucker! After that I will lighten up the mood and turn to some Bud Spencer and Terence Hill, namely their Trinity movies hehe.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Get fucked you Spanish cunt. Saw that in the cinema and nearly lost a lung, any rating less than 8/10 is trolling.

Seriously? I usually enjoy Zack and i find him hilarious. On the other hand Robert is funny as cancer

37 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Yeah although I will admit 90% of the laughs come from Zack's end, the part where he starts masturbating in the back of the car killed mexD.

It had it funny moments but i didn't find it very funny. When they drink his dad and he takes another sip xD

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, nudge said:

To be honest, I much prefer Spaghetti westerns over the American ones. They are somehow much more epic - they are also grittier, dirtier, nihilistic; feels more realistic in their appearance; they feature antiheroes as protagonists, and the representation of the villain is also much more complex than simply "this is a bad guy". 
I would watch anything with Clint Eastwood though, haha.

I watched Death Rides a Horse (1967) a few days ago, a revenge story with a twist starring Lee van Cleef who's amazing again, and John Phillip Law who didn't impress me much, his character and acting just feels "wooden", and his monotone John Wayne impression doesn't help either, but it was interesting to see the chemistry between the two. 7/10

Next up is Once upon a Time in the West, Mercenary (set to be released on BluRay this year!), The Great Silence, and Duck, you Sucker! After that I will lighten up the mood and turn to some Bud Spencer and Terence Hill, namely their Trinity movies hehe.

Im in complete agreement, Hollywood just isnt the same. I rewatched The Unforigven a few months back and while i wont crap on it; i did enjoy it, still its just not even in the same league as the TGTB for my money. 

I try to check out all the remakes of the old westerns as they keep happening. The last one i thought they actually did a decent job of was The Magnificent Seven. I really really liked 3:10 to Yuma until the ending, they threw away everything they had going and i cant bring myself to go back and watch that abomination now. Ben Foster is my man crush but no even he could save that trainwreck with one of my favourite acting jobs. 

Im a sucker for some Lee van Cleef il have to check that one out.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Im in complete agreement, Hollywood just isnt the same. I rewatched The Unforigven a few months back and while i wont crap on it; i did enjoy it, still its just not even in the same league as the TGTB for my money. 

I try to check out all the remakes of the old westerns as they keep happening. The last one i thought they actually did a decent job of was The Magnificent Seven. I really really liked 3:10 to Yuma until the ending, they threw away everything they had going and i cant bring myself to go back and watch that abomination now. Ben Foster is my man crush but no even he could save that trainwreck with one of my favourite acting jobs. 

Im a sucker for some Lee van Cleef il have to check that one out.

I haven't actually seen The Magnificent Seven yet, although I intended to. Will have to give it a go, as I enjoyed the original one. Now with rainy season starting, I will have a lot of time for movies anyway :) 

Oh and yes, I completely agree when it comes to 3:10 to Yuma, haha! Good remake, terrible ending. The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford is still probably my most favourite modern western, although it's certainly a bit different. Have you seen Meek's Cutoff, by any chance? I was meaning to watch it years ago when it was released, but never did, for some reason, although it looks very interesting at a first glance. 
I would love to see more remakes of the classic western in the future, Winchester '73 or Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid would probably be my top choices. 
Somewhat related, Deadwood the movie should come out next year!

Lee van Cleef is great, both as a "hero" and as a villain. After Clint Eastwood, he's surely my most favourite when it comes to western actors, but then there are so many others who were all so fucking great... 

Allied

6/10

Not a terrible movie, but it didn't grab me, and something about seeing Brad Pitt in a WWII movie and not portray his character from Inglorious Bastards just seemed wrong to me.

• Subscriber
52 minutes ago, nudge said:

I haven't actually seen The Magnificent Seven yet, although I intended to. Will have to give it a go, as I enjoyed the original one. Now with rainy season starting, I will have a lot of time for movies anyway :) 

Oh and yes, I completely agree when it comes to 3:10 to Yuma, haha! Good remake, terrible ending. The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford is still probably my most favourite modern western, although it's certainly a bit different. Have you seen Meek's Cutoff, by any chance? I was meaning to watch it years ago when it was released, but never did, for some reason, although it looks very interesting at a first glance. 
I would love to see more remakes of the classic western in the future, Winchester '73 or Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid would probably be my top choices. 
Somewhat related, Deadwood the movie should come out next year!

Lee van Cleef is great, both as a "hero" and as a villain. After Clint Eastwood, he's surely my most favourite when it comes to western actors, but then there are so many others who were all so fucking great... 

My rainy/cold season has been this winter here so ive done my catching up, its as good a time as any to enjoy some beverages and stay inside. Good call on Jesse James honestly i dont remember it a whole lot ive been meaning to go back and rewatch it. Never saw Meeks Cutoff you're on your own there, the preview did look pretty good. With all the ones theyve done so far i could get on board with a Butch Cassidy remake, i just hope they dont try and remake TGTB thats my one wish hollywood listen to me! 

Deadwood is on my list to watch soon, i only made in a season and change in last time through no fault of its own i stopped watching it. Im hoping to get that finished off before the movie comes out. I went through Hell on Wheels which was a historical/fiction piece on the Canadian Railroad. I quite enjoyed it, definitely worth a watch if you get enough time i think there was 4 seasons roughly 12 epis per, good story, good acting and it didnt drag out. 

• Subscriber

127 HOURS. 6/10

I didn't choose to watch this, but it was okay. Not as good as what i'd read on the reviews.

It's based on Aron Ralston who had to cut his own arm off after getting stuck in a Utah canyon. 

Edited by JOSHBRFC

The Godfather - 10/10

Was on the television last night, and since I couldn't sleep, I flip it over just a few minutes into the movie. I ended up saying up and watching the whole thing, and it amazes me that this is a movie I can watch for the 100th time, and it still gets me. This is just the best movie, maybe even #2 is more so, that I have ever seen.

Goal 2 -  3/10 

Fuck me what a mess. Thought the first one was bad, this is just hilarious.  Laughable story and completely unrealistic. Nick Cannon a footballer? Brilliant casting. 

Also, what the fuck did they line up as? 

Raul----Ronaldo--Harris

Robinho---Munez---Beckham

Guti--Zidane

R.Carlos-----Ramos

Casillas

• Upvote 1

Beauty and the Beast - 5/10

Wife wanted to see it, so I surprised her with tickets. Luckily, after the movie we both thought the play was better and that the movie was rather blah. I'm just glad that's over.