talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

I watched Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again and I'll give it a solid 7/10 xD

Saw Ant-Man and The Wasp which I thought would be complete and utter gash but it was actually one of the better Marvel films, a 7.75965266/10

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Nope, I did not :(

I watched it with my brother who has and he was saying they changed alot of things and reading online there was alot of the same complaints. I havent read it so I just enjoyed the ride :D I will agree with you about the last chunk of it  although the first 2/3 or 3/4 of it I thought made up for that.

7 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

You've only just seen it? I thought it was great but not up there with his best.

Yup, tonight. Well, that is true. The Grand Budapest Hotel for example was better. But Wes Anderson is just magical to me, especially compared to some of the rubbish out there nowadays. So he always gets a full score from me. 

On 01/08/2018 at 00:35, Danny said:

I was tempted to give it a go but thought it looked a bit shit, I did like the cast mind.

You thought Extinction would be a bit shit even though you never watched it

On 01/08/2018 at 00:39, Danny said:

I watched Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again and I'll give it a solid 7/10 xD

And yet.... sat through that and even had the gall to award it a 7

Related image

I will be treating your recommendations with the contempt they deserve from now on... 

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

I never was a big fan of Mission Impossible but decided to give the last one a try yesterday. 

Seriously. It is just as bad as all the other ones. Tom Cruise will never be a good actor and the story was so flat and predictable. Nothing we haven't seen a million times.

• Like 1

I don't watch a lot of movie, so apologies for being 4 years late on this one. 

INTERSTELLAR (2014)
9/10

Great movie, and pretty typical of Nolan as it requires you to think and also gets very dark at times. 

Still some questions that I believe were left unanswered, but I likely just need to watch it again. Also, this movie has a fantastic soundtrack. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Eco said:

I don't watch a lot of movie, so apologies for being 4 years late on this one. 

INTERSTELLAR (2014)
9/10

Great movie, and pretty typical of Nolan as it requires you to think and also gets very dark at times. 

Still some questions that I believe were left unanswered, but I likely just need to watch it again. Also, this movie has a fantastic soundtrack. 

Thanks for the reminder. I've been meaning to watch it for years, will do so tonight after work... Love sci-fi, especially space travel.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Thanks for the reminder. I've been meaning to watch it for years, will do so tonight after work... Love sci-fi, especially space travel.

I do as well, but the reason I had to watch it was actually because I've been studying for a certification at work, and while doing so I listen to Hans Zimmer Radio on Pandora, and it seems like some of his best music is in this movie. 

Decided to watch the movie, and not only is it right up my ally with the sci-fi and space aspect, but it was entertaining as hell and also one of those movies I can't seem to stop thinking about. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Faithcore said:

I never was a big fan of Mission Impossible but decided to give the last one a try yesterday. 

Seriously. It is just as bad as all the other ones. Tom Cruise will never be a good actor and the story was so flat and predictable. Nothing we haven't seen a million times.

Can't stand Tom Cruise, so have trouble getting into any movies he plays in.

• Like 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

I do as well, but the reason I had to watch it was actually because I've been studying for a certification at work, and while doing so I listen to Hans Zimmer Radio on Pandora, and it seems like some of his best music is in this movie. 

Decided to watch the movie, and not only is it right up my ally with the sci-fi and space aspect, but it was entertaining as hell and also one of those movies I can't seem to stop thinking about. 

I have Hostiles with Christian Bale lined up next in my movie folder, but now I think I'll switch it with Interstellar and watch that first...

Just now, nudge said:

I have Hostiles with Christian Bale lined up next in my movie folder, but now I think I'll switch it with Interstellar and watch that first...

I was told by a colleague that if I enjoyed the way Interstellar was written, than I need to watch Shutter island, so that is next on my list. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Eco said:

I was told by a colleague that if I enjoyed the way Interstellar was written, than I need to watch Shutter island, so that is next on my list. 

I watched Shutter Island a few years ago, didn't really enjoy it though. Just not my type of movie! 

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

I watched Shutter Island a few years ago, didn't really enjoy it though. Just not my type of movie! 

Yeah - I saw the trailer and wasn't too impressed. We shall see though. 

Also on my list is Dunkirk.