talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

• Subscriber

Mission Impossible: Fallout - 7

Not as good as the last couple. Ended up being too long god damn movie was 2 and a half hours. It was entertaining action, over the top at times, had some good lines. Worth seeing for pure entertainment. We rewatched Rogue nation on the weekend before seeing this one and I recommend doing that as alot of the characters and story carrys over into the new one.

Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation - 8/10

Even better then I remember. I think the best MI to date. So many awesome scenes and chases. 

Took the missus out to the cinema to watch the 'Meg'

And before anyone starts criticizing my choice of film let me tell you... 1. It was very short notice, and 2. I had to get the missus out of the house before there was a complete emotional meltdown between her, my eldest daughter and her idiot boyfriend... It was all starting to kick off and I thought fuck this we are going out... I didn't even know what was showing until we got there and she likes Jason Statham so that was that... 

We got there and we were the only 2 in the place... xD had the whole cinema to ourselves.. 

Anyway the film, pretty much as expected, a ramped up version of jaws, acting was average and everything was in place for a quick shunt over to DVD... Would normally give it a 4.5/5 score but because tempers had cooled during what the cinema might call the intermission I will give it a 6.5-7

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Not even bothering as before watching a single minute, you know it's an AIDSfest. Predators in 2012 (I think?) was a bit shite so didn't think this would ramp up the franchise. 

I actually enjoyed Predators. Liked the idea around it. Suspenseful and a nice look at the predator's planet. 

The worst of the lot is Aliens vs Predator Requiem. Worst piece of filth I've ever had the displeasure of watching. So much wrong with the film i don't ever understand how it got approved. 

If I were to rank them. 

1. Predator

2. Predators

3. Predator 2

4. Alien vs Predator

5. The Predator

6. Alien vs Predator Requiem. 

24 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Took the missus out to the cinema to watch the 'Meg'

And before anyone starts criticizing my choice of film let me tell you... 1. It was very short notice, and 2. I had to get the missus out of the house before there was a complete emotional meltdown between her, my eldest daughter and her idiot boyfriend... It was all starting to kick off and I thought fuck this we are going out... I didn't even know what was showing until we got there and she likes Jason Statham so that was that... 

We got there and we were the only 2 in the place... xD had the whole cinema to ourselves.. 

Anyway the film, pretty much as expected, a ramped up version of jaws, acting was average and everything was in place for a quick shunt over to DVD... Would normally give it a 4.5/5 score but because tempers had cooled during what the cinema might call the intermission I will give it a 6.5-7

Should have taken your daughter and her boyfriend along and you all could have bonded over Christopher Robin.

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Should have taken your daughter and her boyfriend along and you all could have bonded over Christopher Robin.

There is about as much chance of me going to see Christopher Robin as there is of Deadlinesman going out with a comb in his back pocket.... 

• Subscriber

Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

After an extreme disappointments of The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi, I was very reluctant to watch this and had very low expectations... especially since Han has always been my favourite, and I was worried that this standalone movie would ruin the character for me, similar to how the prequels kind of ruined Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader. What can I say? I'm glad I did decide to watch it! This was actually great, and I totally loved it!

A solid 8/10.

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, Tommy said:

bQ0Ynrb.gif

Well, while I appreciate the idea that it's his love for Padme that essentially made him turn and join the dark side - the said love story was extremely cringy, and after being introduced to one of the most iconic ever villains in the history of cinema in the original Star War movies, I really didn't expect to see a hormonal, whiny, cocky teenager with no self control, no composure, no discipline - all that after years of Jedi training too, allegedly. I don't mind the prequels (except Episode II which was just plain boring), but I was extremely disappointed with his character development/backstory and didn't find it believable - or rather the way they portrayed it.

EDIT: It was still better than the portrayal of the fucking Kylo Ren in the sequels xD 

Edited by nudge

19 minutes ago, nudge said:

Well, while I appreciate the idea that it's his love for Padme that essentially made him turn and join the dark side - the said love story was extremely cringy, and after being introduced to one of the most iconic ever villains in the history of cinema in the original Star War movies, I really didn't expect to see a hormonal, whiny, cocky teenager with no self control, no composure, no discipline - all that after years of Jedi training too, allegedly. I don't mind the prequels (except Episode II which was just plain boring), but I was extremely disappointed with his character development/backstory and didn't find it believable - or rather the way they portrayed it.

Well, yes and no. The love story was cheesy and cringy, I agree. Anakin as a whole though, I thought the character was great, except for some of Lucas' really bad dialogue, which is why I don't blame Hayden Christensen for some of the wooden deliveries.

But I thought the character of Anakin was great and his action were quite understandable. 

- Being a slave boy on Tattoine. 

- Being taken away by the Jedi, leaving his mother alone, whom he promised to free. 

- His new Jedi Master and father figure gets killed literally a few hours later. 

- Gets trained by a great, yet slightly too inexperienced (at the time) Jedi.

-  His mother gets taken prisoner by the Sand People, and the Jedi do NOTHING to help him. 

- Mother dies, and again, no support from the Jedi. 

- His apprentice Ahsoka leaves the Jedi Order, which he considered himself a failure for (that was in the Clone Wars series). 

- Fears the the only other person he loves could die as well. Again, no help expected from the Jedi, because no attachments and shit. 

- Being refused the rank of Master despite being one of the greatest warriors the Jedi Order has ever seen (if you watch the other shows, or read the books). 

Anyway, I could write on. But I found a post on reddit (as always) that sums it up nicely. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/4moaxp/why_did_anakin_fall_to_the_dark_side/d3x8c0h/

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Well, yes and no. The love story was cheesy and cringy, I agree. Anakin as a whole though, I thought the character was great, except for some of Lucas' really bad dialogue, which is why I don't blame Hayden Christensen for some of the wooden deliveries.

But I thought the character of Anakin was great and his action were quite understandable. 

- Being a slave boy on Tattoine. 

- Being taken away by the Jedi, leaving his mother alone, whom he promised to free. 

- His new Jedi Master and father figure gets killed literally a few hours later. 

- Gets trained by a great, yet slightly too inexperienced (at the time) Jedi.

-  His mother gets taken prisoner by the Sand People, and the Jedi do NOTHING to help him. 

- Mother dies, and again, no support from the Jedi. 

- Fears the the only other person he loves could die as well. Again, no help expected from the Jedi, because no attachments and shit. 

- Being refused the rank of Master despite being one of the greatest warriors the Jedi Order has ever seen (if you watch the other shows, or read the books). 

Anyway, I could write on. But I found a post on reddit (as always) that sums it up nicely. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/4moaxp/why_did_anakin_fall_to_the_dark_side/d3x8c0h/

Oh, those might all be good enough reasons that explain why he turned - I don't have a problem with that! We always knew that it was Anakin's emotions and sort of arrogance and ambitiousness that played a role in him joining the dark side. However, I personally just couldn't make the connection between a calm, cold, calculating, composed Darth Vader of the originals and angsty, hot headed, pissy, irrational Anakin of the prequels... That's the part which wasn't believable at all for me, and that's why he doesn't seem a well-rounded character at all. I heard his character is really great in The Clone Wars (animated series) though, so I might just give it a go to redeem him for me.

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

just couldn't make the connection between a calm, cold, calculating, composed Darth Vader of the originals a

Well, that's because he has lost everything. He doesn't give a fuck anymore, and just goes for more power, which is what Palpatine wants him for. But when he makes the connection to his family again, you can see the old passionate Anakin again, when he decides to kill the Emperor. That's how I see it. The animated series is great, although I haven't seen all of it, yet. 

• Subscriber

Rogue One (2016) 

A great fit in the Star Wars Universe (finally a superb world building again!), and just like Solo, a surprisingly good anthology movie that I enjoyed way more than I thought I would. Darth Vader scenes in it are brilliant, the ending is class and it's great that the movie fills the gaps in the original story. It actually feels like Star Wars, unlike the shitty sequels... :( 

7.5/10

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Would Leo DiCaprio have saved the prequels? Surely it couldn't of been worse. 

The sequels are definitely worse; there's no way anyone could have saved it -  it's fucking horrible. The Force Awakens is just a lazy remake of the New Hope and The Last Jedi  is just plain boring and poorly written. Not to mention the shitty disposable new characters and ruining of the old characters such as Luke Skywalker by making them a total joke of their former selves. 

10 hours ago, Cicero said:

Would Leo DiCaprio have saved the prequels? Surely it couldn't of been worse. 

The acting was fine in the prequels, and Hayden Christensen gets a lot of undeserved shit for his portrayal. The dialogues were horribly wooden, and there's not much even a DiCaprio could have done with it. Apart from that they were epic of course. 

On 20/09/2018 at 22:22, nudge said:

The sequels are definitely worse; there's no way anyone could have saved it -  it's fucking horrible. The Force Awakens is just a lazy remake of the New Hope and The Last Jedi  is just plain boring and poorly written. Not to mention the shitty disposable new characters and ruining of the old characters such as Luke Skywalker by making them a total joke of their former selves. 

The sequels have been very well received. Fair enough you don't like them but there not bad films