talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

• Subscriber

Love Actually - 10/10 Its that time of the year again where I watch this movie. If you havent watched it Ill steal a quote from a wise man "Its time to nut up or shut up" Its thoroughly enjoyable from start to finish with a bunch of different stories connecting to love and Christmas in various ways. Alot of it is relateable and some is just meant to be over the top silly, some great lines and boasting a horde of accomplished actors. I will never tire of this gem. DO IT.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Love Actually - 10/10 Its that time of the year again where I watch this movie. If you havent watched it Ill steal a quote from a wise man "Its time to nut up or shut up" Its thoroughly enjoyable from start to finish with a bunch of different stories connecting to love and Christmas in various ways. Alot of it is relateable and some is just meant to be over the top silly, some great lines and boasting a horde of accomplished actors. I will never tire of this gem. DO IT.

Christmas classic.

After watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ECwhB21Pnk., I've decided to change my rating of The Last Jedi to -/10.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, ASF said:

Christmas classic.

After watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ECwhB21Pnk., I've decided to change my rating of The Last Jedi to -/10.

Failure is putting it nicely. Diversity is fine, however to literally force it down our throats the way Disney have done, ruins anything good about the film. 

But more importantly, the fact that they made a Star Wars film, where Luke fucking Skywalker is actually subjacent to a character that is a Disney princess in every sense of the imagination, is bar none unforgivable. 

They should be shut down. 

• Upvote 1

Nightmare Before Christmas: 8.5/10

Not the first time, but I last watched it years ago. Amazing movie. The animation is really timeless, they went for a completely unique and original look and so it just seems fresh no matter when you watch it. Danny Elfman's music as always is worth the watch alone. The story and the concept is brilliant, with surprisingly complex and relatable main characters.

My favourite Christmas film.  And Halloween film.

• Subscriber

Alpha (2018)

Visually stunning prehistoric tale of survival. Has a few flaws, but it's beautiful to watch and the story is entertaining enough. Feels a bit like old adventure movies. Also the wolf/dog is great :x

7/10

17 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Wait, what.

What? I love the lord of the rings. I have read the 3 books and the hobbit. The 3 lotr films are amazing. This bloated CGI fest piece of shit is horrendous. Probably the worst of the 3, though all of them suck to some varying degree. I am watching the 2nd now. Probably the best of the 3, but still pretty garbage. The trilogy is just a fucking shithouse marathon of fan service, awful CGI battle and combat scenes that would be laughably out of place in the original 3, and it's another modern quip fest with everyone saying smarky shit every 10 seconds like they're in an avengers film. This film actually makes my physically fucking ill. Fuck these movies.

@Devil-Dick Willie Has a point. The hobbit is murdered with CGI and the cinematography, although brilliant, blinds my eyes. It's just too much. 

I thought they did a poor job casting Bilbo, and to be quite honest there are only 2 or 3 memorable scenes in the whole trilogy. 

I'd probably give it a 6. Still definitely worth a watch. 

The hobbit. The desolation of Smaug. 6/10

A bit shit, but a consistent narrative, and an excellent turn from Cumberbatch make this much improved over the first. Tauriel is an incredibly unnecessary character, we're talking black widow levels of achieving nothing that couldn't have been written into the parts of other characters (namely Legolas).

The barrel riding scene is aids. 

Overall however this is an okay movie.

'Pi'

I usually like Aronofsky's films, but this one is my least favorite of him.

6/10

'Phantom Thread'

DDL was, as always, phenomenal, but the movie suffers from a very, very slow pace.

6.5/10

'The Shape of Water'

One of the worst Best Picture winners. 

2/10

'Baby Driver'

7.5/10

'Pet Sematary'

5/10

'Alien: Covenant'

1/10

'City Hall'

7.5/10

'The Florida Project'

Dross. The little girl was a complete brat and ruined the film. Some of the adults were fools, especially, Willem Dafoe.

-/10

'The Wonderful Country'

7/10

Edited by ASF
  • Like 1

The Hobbit, Battle of 5 armies 3/10

Shithouse. Absolute shithouse. CGI wank fest with nothing worth seeing post the death of Smaug. Riddled with shithouse comedy that ruins the impact of the serious nature of the story and battles. Everything is fake as fuck and looks like shit. 

"Why didn't they ride eagles to mordor?" better question: Why didn't they ride those OP as fuck goats

On 15/12/2018 at 15:13, ASF said:

'Alien: Covenant'

1/10

Don't think I've ever been more disappointed in a sequel. Can only imagine what the creative department was like when they were going over the rough draft. 

Writer 1 - "Given how successful and original Prometheus was, what should we do to expand on the origin of the engineers?" 

Writer 2 - "How about we go deeper into the creation of mankind?" 

Writer 3 - "How about we truly find out if humans were in fact created by mistake, or if they had a purpose?!" 

Writer 4 - "Let's go into depth about the Engineer's planet and who infact their creators are, or if they are simply the true origin of species?"

Writer 5 - "Did the Engineers believe in something? Were there engineers that wanted humans to be made and others that simply wanted them destroyed? Were the xenomorphs a mistake, or a biological weapon to kill the humans?" 

Ridley Scott - "Nah fuck all that, let's make another Alien movie"

Edited by Cicero

Rogue One: 7.5/10

Re-watched it. Probably my 3rd favorite of the franchise being beaten by ESB and Revenge of the Sith. Aside Disney desperately trying too hard to push diversity, thought the characters were at least somewhat believable (minus Ip man. The fuck he doing there? xD

The last 5 minutes of the film in my opinion is the best moment in the series. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

So had a power outage for most of the day and lasted well into the night. Fired up my tablet to see what was on it to watch and I had a few choices. Alient Convenant - hot garbage. It comes at night - midly garbage, Cube - vintage awesome and Basic. Well we settled in on Basic as my better half hadnt seen it.

Basic - 7.5/10 I remember it being better to be honest. Some great twists and turns though you dont fully get whats going on for most of the movie it keeps you guessing well until the end. The end was probably where it lost me this time around they just tried to do to much and make off like a Tarantino kind of movie. It didnt work for me but the rest was a good watch. 

Note to self put better movies on my tablet to watch for future power outages....