talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

If it's going to be a drama or worse a musical of some description I may be inclined to want to drink those 8 beers before it's even started... 

I may be inclined to just drink those beers and skip the movie altogether xD 

• Haha 1

If you like 80s - 90s kids movies, or movies by Spielberg or John Hughes then Shazam is for you. As a fan of those things I had a great time watching this one. 

Mark Strong has not got a lot to play with, and yet he creates a decent villain. But the hero of this movie are the kids. I will count Zachary Levi as a kid too. And they are all likeable. There is recklessness in their approach towards the powers and I thought that was a good way to build up the story. There is a lovely tribute to Tom Hanks' Big. I will even forgive them for stealing a joke from Kung Fu Panda 2.

On a side note, so the rumours around Henry Cavill are true then. 

How to Train Your Dragon Hidden World is a disappointing end to one of my favourite franchises. It seems the makers had a basic idea of hidden world and a female nightfury, but nothing beyond it. I am surprised by the high RT ratings, though people could rightfully argue that the site has lost its credibility in recent times. Even the villain seems hollow and repeat of the second film's villain. 

Also watched Mard Ko Dard Nahin Hota (Man who feels no pain) and it feels like a Kickass meets Deadpool kinda film made by Edgar Wright. Funny and full of pop-culture references(mostly to Karate films of Chan, Lee, etc). Far from the usual Bollywood fare and a fun watch. I would recommend it if you like Kickass, Deadpool or Edgar Wright's films. 

Edited by IgnisExcubitor

Just now, Bluewolf said:

Thought that might have been a bit immature for you son?? 

Hahah i once said it for fuck sake Dad xD, can't even remember in which movie. I enjoy movies like Anchorman or Step Brothers they can't be more immature than that xD

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, True Blue said:

You sure don't, even tough memory fades with age...

The good news is I am not at that age where I am suffering from that brain rotting disease where you forget stuff... can't think of the name of it off hand.. Anyway, at least I am not suffering from that brain rotting disease where you forget stuff... 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

Split is brilliant and I don't think or can't remember if I have seen Glass or Unbreakable yet? I will have to check them 2 out.

Unbreakable is a movie from the 2000, and Split is in a way a sequel. While Glass came out this year and he is a direct sequel to Split.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Unbreakable is a movie from the 2000, and Split is in a way a sequel. While Glass came out this year and he is a direct sequel to Split.

Aye, I remember now when I mentioned Split to our son and he mentioned Unbreakable and said Glass was supposed to be good. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

James Mcavoy was unreal in split. It holds up as a standalone even, easily the best movie of the 3 imo.

Edit: Cheers for that, I have put this as a spoiler now since telling me that. 

Aye, the ending looking at him he looks like bloody Bruce Willis. O.o

478534736_download(5).png.3f9dcfccde68c5051cad46539f1b40f4.png

1572838596_download(6).png.dabc8f172acb9a181633567f66bbf79b.png

Edited by CaaC - John

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Ill tag this bit for anyone that hasnt seem them,

Reveal hidden contents

That is Bruce Willis at the end mate? thats the only tie in to unbreakable and then the sequal Glass is the story involving all of them

I have put that in now as a spoiler on my original post, I should have read the actors list lol. 

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, CaaC - John said:

I have put that in now as a spoiler on my original post, I should have read the actors list lol. 

haha no worries.

Thats the setup for the sequal and the tie in to unbreakable, Bruce Willis's character see's the beast on TV and what Samuel L's guy (Glass) sees as a worthy opponent to finally test him. And the talk behind him and the TV one woman mentions the guy that breaks all his bones in case you forget it all, which admittedly I did, I had to go back and rewatch Unbreakable after

xD there was a real long hiatus.