talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

Watched The Way Way Back . It's a lovely coming of age flick. I thought it was awkward at start. Maybe it was the lead teen's acting, but it develops into a nice story and closes on a strong note, despite the somewhat cheesy slide bit in the end, which I understand was necessary. I also ended up enjoying the teen's acting as the movie went on. Sam Rockwell was brilliant and so is Steve Carell whom I have never seen in such a role. This one sits well with all good indie films out there. 

Also watched John Wick and thought it was alright. I had heard so much about it everywhere and especially on this forum, but I thought it was strictly okay. It has good action scenes and the whole code thing was interesting, but the story was just meh. Maybe I shouldn't have looked at the story and taken this as a fun action flick, but my expectations were high.

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile. 

8/10

Worth a watch. Better than I anticipated. Zac Efon’s portrayal of Ted Bundy looks to be his best performance yet. 

@LFCMike

Forgot this was out yesterday. Looks like it's released via Sky Movies in the UK though so I'm gonna have to find a way to watch it

• Subscriber

Just watched this with the wife, based on a true story with Samuel L Jackson in the lead role, Lakeview Terrace quite enjoyed it and I would give it an 8/10. 

Based on a true story, a troubled and racist African-American L.A.P.D. Officer will stop at nothing to force out a friendly interracial couple who just moved in next door to him.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0947802/

Edited by CaaC - John
Name correction

2 hours ago, CaaC - John said:

Just watched this with the wife, based on a true story with Michael L Jackson in the lead role, Lakeview Terrace quite enjoyed it and I would give it an 8/10. 

Reveal hidden contents

Based on a true story, a troubled and racist African-American L.A.P.D. Officer will stop at nothing to force out a friendly interracial couple who just moved in next door to him.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0947802/

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMFhoYOwGo7Rk0PUico1k 

I know it's a typo on your part John, but I can't resist the joke.:P

Edited by IgnisExcubitor
  • Haha 1

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMFhoYOwGo7Rk0PUico1k 

Reveal hidden contents

I know it's a typo on your part John, but I can't resist the joke.:P

Lol, fucked if I know why I put Michael in instead of Samuel, corrected it in my original post, I was never a Michael Jackson fan anyway so the only excuse I can give was I was drinking wine last night. O.o :whistling: 

Watched Extremely wicked, shockingly wild and evil. I don't understand the bad ratings on RT. It's a good flick which almost leads you to question whether Ted Bundy was guilty or not until the very end. They showed that in a good way, aided by a brilliant performance from Zac Efron and equally good act by Lily Collins. 

On a side note mark my words, fat Haley Joel Osment is going to rock so many dad roles, before clutching an Oscar as a dad in a family drama. He seems like a really nice man. Also, was surprised to see James Metallica Hetfield as the cop.

Surprised this was not released near awards months. Efron still might get a nom. 

Edited by IgnisExcubitor

4 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Watched Extremely wicked, shockingly wild and evil. I don't understand the bad ratings on RT. It's a good flick which almost leads you to question whether Ted Bundy was guilty or not until the very end. They showed that in a good way, aided by a brilliant performance from Zac Efron and equally good act by Lily Collins. 

On a side note mark my words, fat Haley Joel Osment is going to rock so many dad roles, before clutching an Oscar as a dad in a family drama. He seems like a really nice man. Also, was surprised to see James Metallica Hetfield as the cop.

Surprised this was not released near awards months. Efron still might get a nom. 

Pissed myself when my wife told me 'that's the kid from the sixth sense'. 

Just saw Detective Pikachu. I can recommend it to anybody, not just Pokemon fans. Ryan Reynolds makes the movie enjoyable for anyone. I never thought I'd see a Pikachu that says "oh shit" or "what the hell". Funny movie, really entertaining. If you are a casual movie goer, you'll like it. If you are a Pokemon fan, or grew up with it, you'll freakin love it.

8/10

• Subscriber
On 27/04/2019 at 12:46, IgnisExcubitor said:

Also watched John Wick and thought it was alright. I had heard so much about it everywhere and especially on this forum, but I thought it was strictly okay. It has good action scenes and the whole code thing was interesting, but the story was just meh. Maybe I shouldn't have looked at the story and taken this as a fun action flick, but my expectations were high.

Im glad you enjoyed the second one more, go back and watch the first again Im sure you will enjoy alot more. The third installment is out on friday, I cant wait.

4 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

I Origins - 7/10

bit of a slow burner to start out but worth the watch. Michael Pitt was great as usual, pretty compelling story in the end.

So good. I really really liked that movie and the whole idea. At least something original. 

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Tommy said:

So good. I really really liked that movie and the whole idea. At least something original. 

I agree it was really cool where it ended up going, completely unique. The ending was great, Id like to think he adopted the little girl :D 

The only qualm I would say is they spent too much time on the love story and could have explored the idea itself a little more. Like once they figrued out what the doctor was up to with the tests on little baby tobias why wouldnt they go talk to her obviously shes going down the same rabbit hole and has probably made connections with other kids unless im missing something? anyway not a huge knock I did enjoy it once it got going. The Drop is probably up next!

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Just watched Kidnap (2017) on Netflix, not bad and I would give it a 7/10. 

A typical afternoon in the park turns into a nightmare for single mother Karla Dyson when kidnappers snatch her young son Frankie. With no cellphone and no time to wait for police, Dyson jumps into her car to follow the vehicle that holds Frankie. As the pursuit turns into a frantic, high-speed chase… 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1458169/

55042519_download(1).thumb.png.e947da0d3e7dd841372fcfd03487bdd9.png

• Upvote 1

Wife, who loves pets, had taken a set of dog movies for the village trip. So watched these. 

A dog's way home. I enjoyed this one. Story was very basic, but done well. Ideal for kids and dog lovers. 

A dog's purpose. Based on a novel, with Dennis Quaid in the lead. Felt stretched and too sweet at times. But a decent flick, nothing special.

Zeus and Roxanne Typical 90s movie, strictly meant for the kids, where Arnold Vasloo, the villain from the Mummy series, makes an arse of himself. At least I could stare at Kathleen Quinlan, the cute milf from the Twilight Zone movie. 

Alpha. Technically it's a wolf, but this was a really good survival flick. Probably the one I enjoyed the most. Shame I didn't see this in the theatre, cause it would have been more enjoyable. 

That would have been enough dog movies for me, but I am going to watch John Wick 3 sometime this week. Should be fun, considering the good reviews it's received. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Aladdin.

Went to watch this on Sunday with the missus. Was pleasantly surprised; was more enjoyable than I expected. Kind of forgotten some parts of the story and some characters but it all came rushing back as the film played out. 

Thought the character that played Jaffar could have been a bit more mean-looking/menacing for an antagonist and 'evil' character but that's about the worst thing I could pick out. Will Smith is great as the genie. 

Liked this as well, really like Will Smith. Doesn't ever seem to act like a massive twat or arrogantly in front of fans or just in public.

• Subscriber

Tomorrow is the 75th celebration of D-Day and they will be showing tomorrow one of my favourite WWII movies, The Battle of the Bulge, I will be watching that again also they will more than likely show another of my other favourites and that is The Longest Day, will have to keep an eye out for that one also.

p4126_v_v8_ab.jpgp3328_v_v8_ab.jpg