talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

• Subscriber

Polar - 7.5/10 If you can enjoy a good B movie this one is worth your watch. Over the top and didnt take itself seriously, it was fun from start to finish, even had a pretty good twist in the end which I did not expect. Ill watch anything with Mads Mikkelsen in it.

• Upvote 1

Watched Captain Marvel. It's actually a really good flick. With the non-linear storyline they give a nice new take on an origin story, with likeable characters and a very likeable cat. Fury, unlike in the other Marvel flicks, is chilled out here and funny. Larson is actually decent. She tries hard to be likeable but comes across as wooden at times. I won't deny that her bad behaviour during the promotion of the flick may have had an effect on me while watching this flick. I went in not wanting to like her, and by the time movie ended I thought she is not that bad in the flick. Which makes the controversy seem so unnecessary. She was provided a fabulous platform, which could have made her a fan favourite and she wasted it by needlessly attacking one section of the fans. 

Also watched Pokemon Detective Pikachu. It's a fun flick, but it made entertaining by Ryan Reynold's presence. A lot of humour is typical of Reynolds and you can tell. Visually it is good. If you are a fan of Pokemon then you will enjoy it.

Finally, John Wick 3. I am officially a fan of the franchise. The amount of thought and planning they are putting in all these creative fight scenes is amazing. Just absolutely fun this one. And it helps that I watched it in the theatre. Makes it more enjoyable. The antique shop fight was by far my favourite. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 10/06/2019 at 00:56, IgnisExcubitor said:

Finally, John Wick 3. I am officially a fan of the franchise. The amount of thought and planning they are putting in all these creative fight scenes is amazing. Just absolutely fun this one. And it helps that I watched it in the theatre. Makes it more enjoyable. The antique shop fight was by far my favourite. 

Right! its just so good, when you think what else could they possibly do, they release a 3rd installment and its just as good as the others! the antique shop fight was awesome. The choreography with the dogs is something I dont recall ever seeing before. Too good, I need to watch it again.

Edited by Viva la FCB
  • Upvote 1

Diego Maradona - 8.5/10

Not normally a big sports documentary guy but I had to go see this. The footage and audio they found was incredible, and it pulls together different moments and ideas from his life so well to make you think differently about Maradona, even if you know all about his life already. 

• Subscriber

Just out on Netflix and our son said to watch it, Action/Comedy/Mystery - Murder Mystery (2019)

For me, it started off ok and I had a bit of a laugh but it petered out a bit as the film went along, I would give this a 7/10, I have seen worse and seen better, the wife enjoyed it the most though.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

Just out on Netflix and our son said to watch it, Action/Comedy/Mystery - Murder Mystery (2019)

For me, it started off ok and I had a bit of a laugh but it petered out a bit as the film went along, I would give this a 7/10, I have seen worse and seen better, the wife enjoyed it the most though.

Watched this last night, as you say, seen better and worse but it's ok, probably score it about the same.. funniest bit for me was when he was in awe of that actress on the boat and then got his wifes name wrong when introducing her... her face was a picture, just a light hearted 'whodunnit' really.. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, MUFC said:

Anyone seen War Dogs? Is it worth watching?

It is based on a true story and with the actors (Hill, Teller and Cooper) had the potential of becoming a brilliant flick. Unfortunately with poor direction, it ends up being nothing more than decent. 

It's an average flick, but all throughout I kept wondering that if someone like Scorsese had directed it then it would have been special.

@topic

Watched Roman Holiday. It's a lovely romantic flick with very likeable characters, especially Audrey Hepburn who is just adorable. 

Just now, IgnisExcubitor said:

It is based on a true story and with the actors (Hill, Teller and Cooper) had the potential of becoming a brilliant flick. Unfortunately with poor direction, it ends up being nothing more than decent. 

It's an average flick, but all throughout I kept wondering that if someone like Scorsese had directed it then it would have been special.

@topic

Watched Roman Holiday. It's a lovely romantic flick with very likeable characters, especially Audrey Hepburn who is just adorable. 

Watched War Dogs last night, my best comparision would be Lord Of War which I thought was much better.

Watched The Exorcism Of Emily Rose at 5am this morning. Watched it in pitch black darkness, chillers and horrors don't scare me like they use to. But the story is brilliant told via the courtroom, was harsh how the priest was made a scapegoat. 

• Subscriber
On 17/06/2019 at 09:34, CaaC (John) said:

On 17/06/2019 at 09:52, Bluewolf said:

Watched this last night, as you say, seen better and worse but it's ok, probably score it about the same.. funniest bit for me was when he was in awe of that actress on the boat and then got his wifes name wrong when introducing her... her face was a picture, just a light hearted 'whodunnit' really.. 

Watched The Layover. I don't think I ever watched a terrible movie and yet felt content and satisfied. And this was a terrible flick, and not even a 'a really good bad flick'. Just plain rubbish. 

Much of it was down to the gorgeous Alessandra Daddario. That scene with her in the black strapped bikini was something. So was the crazy sex scene. But she also displayed fabulous comic timing here. She really was good at comedy, and that is not my dick speaking. She really needs to star in a better comedy. 

• Subscriber

Just watched The Highwaymen (2019), based on true facts about the chase and killing of Bonnie & Clyde starring Kevin Costner & Woody Harrison, not bad but a bit slow for me and I would give it a 7/10, it will never beat the 1967 film Bonnie & Clyde with Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway.

Watched Fighting with my Family. It's a nice flick. The fact that it's based on a true story makes it more enjoyable. Merchent has turned out to be a good director. The scenes involving Paige's brother were brilliant. I hope to see Jack Lowden in more roles. Lad is talented.