talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

• Subscriber

Mudbound (2017), I would give this an 8.5/10, the wife picked it from Netflix as she likes movies like this and so do I, worth a view. 

194037813_download(1).png.0a409762074413d24a50776c7e600d3f.png

Laura McAllan is trying to raise her children on her husband's Mississippi Delta farm, a place she finds foreign and frightening. In the midst of the family's struggles, two young men return from the war to work the land. Jamie McAllan, Laura's brother-in-law, is everything her husband is not - charming and handsome, but he is haunted by his memories of combat. Ronsel Jackson, the eldest son of the black sharecroppers who live on the McAllan farm, now battles the prejudice in the Jim Crow South.

Watched the new Aladdin , and it was not that good. I also didn't like how they reduced the little things that made the original movie good. Like the tiger's role, Aladdin and Abu's interactions, etc. 

Will Smith has made an earnest effort with his genie, but he is not a patch on Robin Williams. It was an impossible task anyways. Robin was unique. Noami Scott is likeable, but the lad who plays Aladdin and the villain make no impact.

I liked the idea of Jasmine becoming the Sultan, but that song Speechless was cringe and seemed forced. They didn't need that. She was nicely portrayed as a strong and independent character without it.

Edited by IgnisExcubitor

• Subscriber

Children of Men - 8/10 Finally got around to watching this for the first time. Great cast/collection of actors and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Takes a few to set up the back story and the bleakness and then shifts into gear fast with some edge of the seat suspense. Unique idea and well done by the end of it, highly recommend checking this one out if you havent yet. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Children of Men - 8/10 Finally got around to watching this for the first time. Great cast/collection of actors and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Takes a few to set up the back story and the bleakness and then shifts into gear fast with some edge of the seat suspense. Unique idea and well done by the end of it, highly recommend checking this one out if you havent yet. 

One of my all-time favourites...

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I can see that, I had heard nothing but good things about it I dont know why I took so long to finally get to it. I bet it would be a really good book. 

It is a book :D 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Interesting.....do go on :D

Well... The premise is pretty much the same in both but the movie focused on the world without children, its implications and hope (or lack thereof) for humanity whereas the book was more interested in the politics, abuse of power, path to dictatorship in such society. So still a decent dystopian novel, but the movie was by far more powerful and thought-provoking. Honestly I would have forgotten about the book already if I hadn't watched the movie. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, nudge said:

Well... The premise is pretty much the same in both but the movie focused on the world without children, its implications and hope (or lack thereof) for humanity whereas the book was more interested in the politics, abuse of power, path to dictatorship in such society. So still a decent dystopian novel, but the movie was by far more powerful and thought-provoking. Honestly I would have forgotten about the book already if I hadn't watched the movie. 

Yeah I liked that the movie just briefly touched on that aspect but didnt go super deep on and lose focus. 

• Subscriber

Unfinished Song (the original title A Song for Marion - 2012) with Terence Stamp and Vanessa Redgrave, the wife put this one on as it was on BBC 2 Films and I bloody enjoyed it, it was a comedy-drama but it did bring a wee tear to my eyes at the end, I would give this an 8.5/10.

Grumpy pensioner Arthur honours his recently deceased wife's passion for performing by joining the unconventional local choir to which she used to belong, a process that helps him build bridges with his estranged son, James.

I was going to watch and review the film 'Anna & the Apocalypse' as part of a new B Movie rubbish review idea I was having but even though it has it down as a Comedy,Horror,Fantasy they started singing about 10 minutes in so I fucked that off sharpish... 

Stay tuned for further B Movie Rubbish reviews coming soon.. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Watched Booksmart.  It's this year's Game Night. Funny, smart and very entertaining. Also, unfortunately not that talked about like Game Night. This deserves lot more attention. Plus, a wonderful directorial debut by Olivia Wilde. 

@Tommy put this on your list, I am certain you will like this. 

hvloged4e5e11.jpg

Sounds really fun though, so I'll probably watch it in the next couple of days. Cheers for the recommendation. 

• Subscriber

The Kid (2019)

A western about Billy the Kid with Ethan Hawke, Vincent D'Onofrio; the trailer was decent so I thought it would be enjoyable enough. Turned out to be way too slow paced and,  frankly, just plain boring- and that's coming from someone who enjoys both Westerns AND slow build up normally. Meh. Waste of time.

5/10

• Sad 2

• Subscriber
On 27/08/2019 at 05:41, nudge said:

The Kid (2019)

A western about Billy the Kid with Ethan Hawke, Vincent D'Onofrio; the trailer was decent so I thought it would be enjoyable enough. Turned out to be way too slow paced and,  frankly, just plain boring- and that's coming from someone who enjoys both Westerns AND slow build up normally. Meh. Waste of time.

5/10

Way to crush my dreams before the weekend.....