talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, nudge said:

Haha give it a go; I've read reviews of people who enjoyed it...

My love for Vincent D'onofrio is vast so I will still watch it at some point but I trust your judgment; especially on all things westerns. Maybe the next one will be good :dam:

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

My love for Vincent D'onofrio is vast so I will still watch it at some point but I trust your judgment; especially on all things westerns. Maybe the next one will be good :dam:

Check him out in Dare Devil, where he played Kingpin. Sensational show and sensational acting.

• Upvote 1

IT Chapter II - 6/10

Big let down. Pales in comparison to the first part. It's so fucking long and all. Bill Hader was the highlight and a couple of the set pieces were cool. May improve the score on a second viewing but the 2hr 50m runtime destroyed my knees in the cinema. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rick said:

but the 2hr 50m runtime destroyed my knees in the cinema. 

xD

Funny you say that, my knees were killing me last night after me and the missus went to see Hobbs & Shaw and that was a little over 2 hours.. We had a no kids opportunity to get out of the house so we grabbed it while we could.. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

xD

Funny you say that, my knees were killing me last night after me and the missus went to see Hobbs & Shaw and that was a little over 2 hours.. We had a no kids opportunity to get out of the house so we grabbed it while we could.. 

Avoid this film then, cause they will just  be obliterated by the end of it haha.

On a Studio Ghibli movie marathon of sorts. 

Watched Spirited Away. Beautiful and so captivating. The detailing not just in the drawings, but also in creating characters and story was incredible. Hard to take eyes off it. 

Also, watched Grave of the Fireflies. One of the best war (anti-war) movies out there. Almost cried. 

Edited by IgnisExcubitor

• Subscriber

It Chapter II - 6/10 I pretty much agree with Rick, seemed unnecessarily long. Just seemed like they tried to rehash the first film and offer more of the same. The was definitely more scares and gore then I remember Chapter 1 having but they probably should have just not done a sequel. If youre a fan you should probably watch it there are some good parts but just buckle up for another marathon on your ass. 

Edited by Viva la FCB
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Just watched with the wife a Golden Oldie, The Diary of Ann Frank 1959 film in b/w, funny in some parts but sad in others, sometimes it made me feel depressed the same as when I have watched it before in how wicked some people could be in the horror treatment of human beings in WWII, I have read the book a couple of times and I did enjoy reading it. 

Watched It Chapter 2.To add to what @Rick and @Viva la FCB said, there is too little of Pennywise in this movie. I the two scenes he has with other kids, he is absolutely brilliant. Especially the room of mirrors. But there is not enough of that. Overall, a very average flick. 

Continuing my Studio Ghibli marathon. 

Watched My Neighbour Totoro. An out and out kids movie with a simple plot, and yet as an adult I enjoyed every bit of it, because of the way it was told and the likeable characters (especially Mei). 

Also watched Howl's moving castle. Nice fairy tale told in a lovely manner. I am pretty sure these guys can make even paint drying on the wall seem imaginative and engrossing. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

The highwaymen 7.5/10

It’s the Netflix film about the guys who hunted down Bonnie & Clyde, personally I enjoyed it and found it a damn good watch. On a par with lawless 

64390497_download(2).thumb.png.6e4c4fa8b3d4c61a7f41f044c48f9090.png

I saw that a couple of months ago and mentioned it in here and I even made some screenshots from it in Name That Movie game, a bit slow starting off but it got better as it went on, I gave it a 7/10.

On 17/09/2019 at 15:36, IgnisExcubitor said:

Watched Princess Mononoke . Probably my most favourite after Spirited Away. Beautiful to look at. And I was at the edge of my seat throughout the film. 

Also watched Kiki's Delivery Service. A sweet little kids flick. 

And now I firmly believe:

Studio Ghibli Pixar. 

Did you ever watch Your Name? (kimi no na wa) 

It somehow was amazing. 

Edit: just to clarify it’s not a Ghibli movie but epic all the same 

Edited by Toinho
  • Upvote 1

On 21/09/2019 at 06:15, Toinho said:

Did you ever watch Your Name? (kimi no na wa) 

It somehow was amazing. 

Edit: just to clarify it’s not a Ghibli movie but epic all the same 

I saw it on my Youtube feed, which is pretty much anime now thanks to watching videos about Studio Ghibli.  From the trailer you can tell it's a romantic story about switching bodies. 

Akira and Your Name is next on my list. 

Edited by IgnisExcubitor