talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

IT 2

I don't really understand why this film lasted 169 mins when the two part series from the 90's lasted a total of 192 mins?

Was that extra time really sufficient in retelling the story? I don't know.

I also feel the use of humour throughout this and the first one deliberately took away any of the scare factors. It felt more like a 'Stranger Things' vibe than the psycho/horror/thriller of the Mini Series.

Overall, pretty disappointed.

That said, the actor playing Pennywise did a good job with what he was given, but Tim Curry's version still wins out for me.

Edited by Lucas

Hereditary - 10/10 

One of the best horrors of the last 25 years for me. A slow burner but man did it deliver all the way through. 

Because I loved it so much I rented Midsommar last night. I’d give that one an 8/10. A tad bit too long for me but it was still creepy, unsettling and fucking weird. Looking forward to Ari Aster’s next project! 

• Subscriber

Just started to watch it, a psychological thriller called Look Away (2018), the wife has jumped 3 times already so it must be good. xD

Maria is an alienated high school student whose life gets turned upside down when she switches places with her sinister mirror image.

Just watched 'Zombieland' Double Tap

If you liked the first one you will love this one... had a smile on my face pretty much most of the way through the whole thing... plenty of laughs and enjoyed Zoey Deutch as Madison... played the dippy blonde almost to perfection... great cast and make sure you stay with it through the end credits... xD 8.5/10 for me

See the source image

Edited by Bluewolf

• Subscriber

6 Underground - 6/10 pretty average Michael Bay action movie. Some cool scenes, good effects, lacking in alot of other areas. Some token ryan reynolds lines throughout but pretty forgettable by the end of it.

Yet to see a good Netflix only movie maybe the Irishman is finally it I'll get to watching that marathon eventually.

• Subscriber

Reasonable Doubt (2014) - Samuel Lee Jackson & Dominic Cooper, not bad and I quite enjoyed it, 8/10.

When Mitch, a budding DA, gets involved in a deadly hit-and-run case, events lead to Clinton's capture by the police. Mitch ensures Clinton's acquittal but then realises the latter's guilty past.

• Subscriber

Cats (2019) - 4/10

Absolute crap. The first hour is introducing all characters through song. Fine in principle but very poorly executed and just seemed shambolic. Weird enough with how they look! Once it got going, plot kicked in and it wasn't too bad. I can see why the critics have annihilated it. The attempts at humour only made the rest of it more emphasised with how rubbish it was.  

On 17/12/2019 at 18:59, Viva la FCB said:

6 Underground - 6/10 pretty average Michael Bay action movie. Some cool scenes, good effects, lacking in alot of other areas. Some token ryan reynolds lines throughout but pretty forgettable by the end of it.

Watched this last night and as you say as an action flick it was pretty good, some crazy scenes and stunts going on pretty much all the way through so it gets a 7/10 just for that but that's pretty much all it is a high grade action flick.. not a bad way to waste 1.5hours though or however long it was... 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Secrets in Their Eyes (2015) - Psychological Thriller with Julie Robers & Nicola Kidaman, not bad 8.0/10

In 2002, shortly after 9/11, Ray Kasten (Ejiofor), a counterterrorism agent for the FBI, and his friend Jessica "Jess" Cobb (Roberts), an investigator for the Los Angeles district attorney's office, meet new ADA Claire Sloan (Kidman). Jess and Ray receive a call about an unknown female body found in a dumpster near a local mosque, which Ray has been investigating for possible terrorist links. At the crime scene, both are devastated to discover that the victim is Jess's 18-year-old daughter, Carolyn (Zoe Graham), whose body has been bleached inside and out to destroy DNA evidence of both rape and murder.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Rick said:

John Wick 3 - 9/10 

Has to be up there with the best trilogy’s ever, surely?

I need to watch the first 2. Watched the majority of the third on New Years Day when I was at someones house but missed the last 45 minutes. Enjoyed what I saw though.

I was at my sisters yesterday evening and we watched 'Baywatch' which obviously I thought was going to be a load of old shit and well it was to a degree but did have me laughing in quite a few places.. 

Thought it was going to be a semi serious effort to replicate the old version but it just takes the piss out of it's self the whole time which made it watchable... 6/10