talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

Green Book - 7.5/10 

Despite the subject matter, the film chooses not to be too heavy and instead focuses on a friendship between the two leads. Both men did a great job, made for a brilliant on screen partnership. I enjoyed the film a lot. Not quite best picture quality I must say though. 

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Yes it is it’s great

Phenomenal. Can't fault it at all. Love the way it moves through each scene of the film and the cinematography of it. The 2 main actors (don't know their names) are superb. Emotional story that you become invested in fairly soon with the relationship and friendship/brotherhood between the 2 from the start. 

• Subscriber

Wartime film 'The 12th Man' (2017) based on a true story subtitled but the film is spoken in German & Norwegian and a bloody good film and I enjoyed it subtitles or not, you @nudge & @Tommy might enjoy it.

9/10

After a failed anti-Nazi sabotage mission leaves his 11 comrades dead, Norwegian resistance fighter Jan Baalsrud finds himself fleeing from the Gestapo through the snowbound reaches of Scandinavia.

Languages: Norwegian, English, German, Saami, North

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Wartime film 'The 12th Man' (2017) based on a true story subtitled but the film is spoken in German & Norwegian and a bloody good film and I enjoyed it subtitles or not, you @nudge & @Tommy might enjoy it.

9/10

Reveal hidden contents

After a failed anti-Nazi sabotage mission leaves his 11 comrades dead, Norwegian resistance fighter Jan Baalsrud finds himself fleeing from the Gestapo through the snowbound reaches of Scandinavia.

Languages: Norwegian, English, German, Saami, North

I saw the trailer back then and thought it looked interesting. Somehow I completely forgot about it and it never really appeared on my "radar" again. I might check it out in the near future. Cheers :) 

• Subscriber

Hangman (2017) so, so, for me, looking at an old Al Pacino with a beard then remembering him acting in the Godfather films put me off this film really, 6/10. 

A detective and a criminal profiler pursue a serial killer whose crimes are inspired by a children's game called hangman.

4627575_download(5).png.5ca0179495312037a94a2344ee7fa55e.png

• Subscriber

Bad Boys 3 (whatever its called) - 7/10 - If you liked the original two youll like this one. Some cool stunts and action, some great chemistry and great lines, some good laughs. Stays true to the 'series' if I can call it that. Enjoyable all the way through. I liked the lead female actress, I just saw her in The Purge season 2, and shes absolute smoke show Paola Nunez. 

• Upvote 1

The Game of Their Lives - Documentary movie about the US team that beat England at the 1950 World Cup 8/10

Journey to Mecca - Another documentary movie this one about Ibn e Batuta's travels 8/10

Ed Edd n Eddy's Big Picture Show - Ending to the cartoon series, loved it they were one of my favorite shows growing up 10/10

• Subscriber

Fantastic Beasts and where to find them - 9/10 Was on my list to watch for a long while. The movie was fantastic. Alot of fun to watch, the beasts where great and only jk rowling could come up with all this. Ill be watching the sequel soon although I hear far less good things.

1917 - Expertly written, shot and acted out with some top cameos and deserves to win all the awards it will undoubtedly sweep up

Enjoyed it but the concept is too close to Saving Private Ryan for me to enjoy it as much as some have, and there is only one winner there

In the last week I've seen

Uncut Gems 8/10

The Lighthouse 8.5/10

Adam Sandler and Willem Dafoe absolutely hit it out the park in 2019. Some of most amazing performances I can remember. 

Robert Pattinson also did brilliantly in The Lighthouse, it's a kind of mixed blessing for a less experienced actor, being in a movie where basically the only other cast member is Willem Dafoe. He's just a different level. 

A24 is really getting me more excited to see movies than I've been in years. 

1 hour ago, Inverted said:

Robert Pattinson also did brilliantly in The Lighthouse, it's a kind of mixed blessing for a less experienced actor, being in a movie where basically the only other cast member is Willem Dafoe. He's just a different level. 

To be fair, Pattinson had a really solid career after Twilight. Very good actor. 

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

To be fair, Pattinson had a really solid career after Twilight. Very good actor. 

Yeah I liked him in Good Time. It's just the difference between where he is in his career, and where Willem Defoe is, just shows so much when theyre put next to each other for a full movie. 

I think Pattinson could really have a special career if he keeps this up. 

Edited by Inverted