Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back - 10/10

Star Wars: A New Hope - 10/10

Rogue One - 8/10

Solo - 7.5/10

:ph34r:

Spot the odd one out..... 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Tommy said:

Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

Wow, well, that was a journey. Loved all the throw-backs to the old Star Wars franchise, even the prequels. I enjoyed it. 

8/10, I don't care what anyone else thinks. 

On 15/03/2020 at 19:25, nudge said:

Tomb Raider - 6.5/10

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - 7.5/10

Star Wars: The Last Jedi - 5/10

Star Wars: The Force Awakens - 6.5/10

Star Wars: Return of the Jedi - 10/10

Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back - 10/10

Star Wars: A New Hope - 10/10

Rogue One - 8/10

Solo - 7.5/10

:ph34r:

Interesting. I thought it was a good watch. Wife absolutely hated it.

In fact, when I said, ' So what's the big deal if Rey is a Palpatine?' She didn't speak with me for the rest of that day. Not kidding. :D

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, Pyfish said:

Watched A Quiet Place tonight. Really enjoyed it. Krasinski has done well with starring in this as well as directing. Want to watch the second now!

I really didnt care for it. Im a big fan of Krasinski and Emily Blunt :x so it pains me a bit but I thought the movie was boring more then anything. A couple tense senses but overall fell pretty flat.

Edited by Viva la FCB

On 18/03/2020 at 02:31, Rick said:

Kiki’s Delivery Service - 8/10

Porco Rosso - 7/10

My Neighbour Totoro - 8.5/10

Princess Mononoke - 10/10 

Spirited Away - 9/10

Welcome to the fanclub, mate.:twothumbsup:

Nice to see that like me you too loved Princess Mononoke the most.

Also, if you have time to waste you should read about alternate interpretations of some of these movies. Apparently, Spirited Away is a fucked up story about prostitution and the innocent My Neighbour Totoro can be deemed as dark.

Lastly, I don't know if you have watched Grave of Fireflies. If you haven't then you should.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Welcome to the fanclub, mate.:twothumbsup:

Nice to see that like me you too loved Princess Mononoke the most.

Also, if you have time to waste you should read about alternate interpretations of some of these movies. Apparently, Spirited Away is a fucked up story about prostitution and the innocent My Neighbour Totoro can be deemed as dark.

Lastly, I don't know if you have watched Grave of Fireflies. If you haven't then you should.

I really need to rewatch them all. I've seen Spirited Away several times and it was always my favourite, I watched Totoro again recently, but the rest I've only seen once.

I’ve seen Spirited away before, howls moving castle and watched Princess Mononoke on numerous occasions (it’s a masterpiece) but the others are first time watches for me. Grave of the fireflies is the only one that isn’t coming to Netflix, but I’ll be sure to find it once I’ve been through the rest. It’s always been one high on the list from their filmography. 

And, thinking more about it, My Neighbour Totoro is getting a 9/10. I keep thinking about how much I enjoyed it. 

Porco Rosso had a fantastic setting, and I loved the animation on the planes, but it wasn’t as good as the rest. Still way above average though. 

Edited by Rick

• Subscriber

Hereditary - 6/10 Pretty big meh. I enjoyed the fact that they didnt use jump scares or a soundtrack to manufacture any creepiness, that made it different at least. I thought the whole idea and story was pretty average otherwise though. Worth watching but nothing special.

• Sad 1

Watched the Invisible Man. A decent take on an old concept. Not great but not poor either. Just an average flick, which has its moments.

Also watched The Gentlemen. Now this was a fine return to form for Guy Ritchie after the pile of shit that was Aladdin. This was an old-school Guy Ritchie flick. However, it takes a while to get going and the accents seem toned down, but when it gets going it is like a typical Guy Ritchie movie.

Just finished watching Onward, and halfway through the movie I am thinking that it is an average flick with Pixar trying to milk their usual formula using two stars from Avengers, and yet in the final 15 minutes of the movie those bastards get to me again. And yes, just in those final 15 minutes I almost teared up like I did during Inside Out and Coco or Up.

Overall a good addition to the Pixar Universe.

Edited by IgnisExcubitor