talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

2 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

That is a Spanish film, sub-titled. I am not to keen on sub-titled films but it looks weird, I guess you were mainly looking for feet scenes. :whistling:   :P

Plenty of feet scenes. Also there were no subtitles, was in English.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Plenty of feet scenes. Also there were no subtitles, was in English.

Must have been dubbed then, the preview I looked at was sub-titled but I MIGHT have a wee look as one of the scenes was somebody falling from above and landed with a bang and another scene they were all fighting over food. O.o 

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

Must have been dubbed then, the preview I looked at was sub-titled but I MIGHT have a wee look as one of the scenes was somebody falling from above and landed with a bang and another scene they were all fighting over food. O.o 

Is really good and intense. Will have you intrigued.

Mountains of the Moon 7/10

Biographical film from 1990 about two British army officers and explorers who were the first Europeans to see the source of river Nile. Nice historical flick with a bit of emotions and comedy.

Edited by Azeem

• Subscriber

Contagion - 6/10 Man what a star studded cast for such a dud of a movie. Very average at best. Was interesting to watch just because of the relevancy to whats going on. Matt Damon's character could have basically not existed. Kinda dumb otherwise xD

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - 8/10Typical Tarrantino movie. Some great dialogue and a bit of a vague story that ends up revealing itself at the end. Enjoyable most of the way through. Not as good as his best movies but right in the middle I figure. I still dont get how Pitt won an oscar for this, dont get me wrong he was good but hes been better in supporting roles in other movies imo. Anyways, worth a watch if you have 2 and a half hours! 

19 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - 8/10Typical Tarrantino movie. Some great dialogue and a bit of a vague story that ends up revealing itself at the end. Enjoyable most of the way through. Not as good as his best movies but right in the middle I figure. I still dont get how Pitt won an oscar for this, dont get me wrong he was good but hes been better in supporting roles in other movies imo. Anyways, worth a watch if you have 2 and a half hours! 

I found this film to be bordering on average apart from a solid 30/40 mins from the moment Brad Pitt picked up that girl to take her back to the ranch.

That whole segment from the moment he arrives to the moment he leaves is pure class. Very intense. How a film can just meander along and then grab you like that was beyond me. Maybe it was intended that way.

The ending was ok. A bit 'marmite' for me. Some will like, some won't.

He flipped the script to what the audience possibly expected the storyline to follow which is a slight shame because they could have incorporated that or did it instead of, but it at least provided some crazy action in the only way QT knows how.

6.5 for me.

• Upvote 1

On 29/03/2020 at 17:28, IgnisExcubitor said:

Also watched The Gentlemen. Now this was a fine return to form for Guy Ritchie after the pile of shit that was Aladdin. This was an old-school Guy Ritchie flick. However, it takes a while to get going and the accents seem toned down, but when it gets going it is like a typical Guy Ritchie movie.

The accents aren’t toned down they’re just not all Londoners

1 hour ago, Danny said:

The accents aren’t toned down they’re just not all Londoners

Oh, okay. 

I thought they had done that deliberately, since Ritchie had mentioned how Snatch wasn't that huge a success in States because of the strong accents.

@topic

Watched Orphange. Really good Spanish horror flick.

Edited by IgnisExcubitor

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Lucas said:

I found this film to be bordering on average apart from a solid 30/40 mins from the moment Brad Pitt picked up that girl to take her back to the ranch.

That whole segment from the moment he arrives to the moment he leaves is pure class. Very intense. How a film can just meander along and then grab you like that was beyond me. Maybe it was intended that way.[/B]

The ending was ok. A bit 'marmite' for me. Some will like, some won't.

He flipped the script to what the audience possibly expected the storyline to follow which is a slight shame because they could have incorporated that or did it instead of, but it at least provided some crazy action in the only way QT knows how.

6.5 for me.

I agree that whole bit was really well done. As far as the meandering I do agree to some degree but you find alot of that in alot of his films, I enjoy it but I it is not for everyone. The one bone Id pick is Margot Robbie's character, the whole bit with her in the movie watching herself, I get it. I just dont think it needed to be there, trim the fat and the movie isnt his usual 2 and a half 3 hours. I did like the ending but I also didnt know much about the film so I no idea it was heading that direction, other then the Ranch bit to sort of hint I suppose. 

Edited by Viva la FCB

Just finished watching The Hunt (2020). And it's a shame this movie got caught in an unnecessary controversy, because this is just an entertaining movie. Pokes fun at both the political sides; the humour is good and the actions scenes brilliant.

Go watch it with an open mind. Nothing deep or amazing. Just a plain enjoyable movie.