talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

I saw Moneyball with Brad Pitt the other day. No idea how I missed this flick before given it was 2011, but a really solid sports movie, especially given I've no love for Baseball.

Jonah Hill is also really good in this, love his character and was even more intrigued this was a true story.

Brad Pitt is actually excellent in it, probably one of his best movies I'd say. No surprises he got an Oscar nomination for his performance.

8/10

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I saw Moneyball with Brad Pitt the other day. No idea how I missed this flick before given it was 2011, but a really solid sports movie, especially given I've no love for Baseball.

Jonah Hill is also really good in this, love his character and was even more intrigued this was a true story.

Brad Pitt is actually excellent in it, probably one of his best movies I'd say. No surprises he got an Oscar nomination for his performance.

8/10

Yeah, good movie.

I like Brad Pitt. Solid actor, with an excellent filmography. 

Doesn't seem to get the recognition he deserves.

• Upvote 4

Watched Extraction and it's alright. I went into it knowing that there's not much of a story, so I didn't expect anything and just enjoyed the nicely shot action sequences. Apparently the director used to be a stunt director and was previously involved in movies like Atomic Blonde ( which I absolutely love).

This movie is basically John Wick meets Man on Fire. A good one time watch, if you go in with zero expectations.

Edited by IgnisExcubitor

2 hours ago, Rick said:

Agree fully with both above posts. Brad Pitt has been the hollywood hearthrob/cool guy for so long that people underestimate his skills.

Another actor that gets under the radar of the media is Tom Cruise. 

Always making interesting, different movies.

• Like 1

• Subscriber

Moneyballs an excellent movie. First time i took Jonah Hill seriously, not that i dont love me some Super Bad but I could appreciate his acting for once. 

18 hours ago, ASF said:

Another actor that gets under the radar of the media is Tom Cruise. 

Always making interesting, different movies.

Before the Mummy remake I cant really recall a shite movie Tom Cruise has been in, usually at the very least half decent watches. 

5 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Moneyballs an excellent movie. First time i took Jonah Hill seriously, not that i dont love me some Super Bad but I could appreciate his acting for once. 

Before the Mummy remake I cant really recall a shite movie Tom Cruise has been in, usually at the very least half decent watches. 

Definitely.

He has made some absolute classics, like Rain Man, A Few Good Men, Jerry Maguire or Eyes Wide Shut.

Then you have some less talked movies, like Collateral, Valkyrie or Edge of Tomorrow, that are excellent as well.

The only negative known fact about him is that he belongs to that absolute bullshit called Scientology. 

• Upvote 1

'Pokémon Detective Pikachu'

Memory lane factor raises the rating, but apart from that, average movie.

5/10

'Once Upon a Time....in Hollywood'

DiCaprio and Pitt make the movie better than what it would be, without them.

6/10

On 10/05/2020 at 17:03, IgnisExcubitor said:

Watched The Shallows, a decent movie with good thrills. Visually beautiful.

My favourite film of all time is Jaws.

I hold an interest in Shark movies generally as a result but bar a few, in the main they have just got progressively worse and worse which is a shame.

But I really enjoyed this too. Not too long, fair degree of action considering she's essentially stuck in a bit of a chess game with the shark, and as you say, visually beautiful.

It didn't feel like a cheap, straight to DVD film either. 

And Blake Lively is gorgeous.

• Upvote 1

Watched Aamis an Indian film which makes it into my favourite Fucked-up movies. This is also a really well made, and visually pretty and we'll acted film, with melodious background score.

@Mel81x give this watch. 

I will also recommend this to @...Dan. I know you like a well made fucked up story and don't mind foreign flicks.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Watched Aamis an Indian film which makes it into my favourite Fucked-up movies. This is also a really well made, and visually pretty and we'll acted film, with melodious background score.

@Mel81x give this watch. 

I will also recommend this to @...Dan. I know you like a well made fucked up story and don't mind foreign flicks.

I'll definitely give it a watch

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Speaking of Shark films, was it Jaws 3 that had a roar from the shark that was directly taken out of a Tom and Jerry episode? xD

Jaws 3 was awful... 1 & 2 were ok but like the Alien films they take a whopping great dip down the bog after when 3 rocks up... 

27 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Speaking of Shark films, was it Jaws 3 that had a roar from the shark that was directly taken out of a Tom and Jerry episode? xD

23 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Jaws 3 was awful... 1 & 2 were ok but like the Alien films they take a whopping great dip down the bog after when 3 rocks up... 

It was xD