talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

• Subscriber
21 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

There has only ever been one decent shark movie and that's Jaws... 

I would probably put Deep Blue Sea in there as well as watchable...

Falls under the category so bad that its good. The Samuel L Jackson speech scene still gets me xD

Edited by Viva la FCB

1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

Falls under the category so bad that its good. The Samuel L Jackson speech scene still gets me xD

21 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Deep Blue Sea is definitely in the "Shit but Amazing" gang.

It seems that like most films sometimes you have a great idea that's badly executed on low budget or a big budget film with great special effects that is as boring as fuck and I would put 'Deep Blue Sea' and 'The Meg' somewhere in between the 2 as not great by any stretch but very watchable but the truth is it's very hard to replicate the classics like Jaws.. That semi drunk tale of how all those sailors lost their lives to Tiger Sharks for example and the classic.. "We're gonna to need a bigger boat" stands the test of time no matter how old it gets.. 

I mean you compare any of the above with the likes of Sharknado, Two headed Shark Attack and Mega Shark vs Crocosaurus and you can see why we are all starved of something that can fill that decent shark film gap.. 

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Upvote 1

@Bluewolf Sharknado is glorious mate.

I mean, if you like really 'good bad' flicks, then Sharknado is up there with the best. 

Though people need to give The Shallows a watch, if you want to see a decent Shark movie.

@topic

Watched Raid Redemption and Raid 2 and my my what a couple of highly enjoyable action movies these two are. Up there with pure kick ass fighting movies like the John Wick series and The Man from Nowhere. 

Edited by IgnisExcubitor
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 19/05/2020 at 13:15, IgnisExcubitor said:

I mean, if you like really 'good bad' flicks, then Sharknado is up there with the best. 

Though people need to give The Shallows a watch, if you want to see a decent Shark movie.

@topic

Watched Raid Redemption and Raid 2 and my my what a couple of highly enjoyable action movies these two are. Up there with pure kick ass fighting movies like the John Wick series and The Man from Nowhere. 

Those movies are great. The last Judge Dredd remake reminded me alot of the first Raid as well. Solid movies.

• Upvote 1

On 22/05/2020 at 21:11, Viva la FCB said:

Those movies are great. The last Judge Dredd remake reminded me alot of the first Raid as well. Solid movies.

Reverse for me :D. Saw Judge Dredd remake first.

@topic

Continued the Indonesian fight movie trend and watched Netflix's 'The Night Comes for us'. Not much of a story, but the fight sequences were nicely choreographed. And at times the gore and violence was more extreme than what we see in slasher and horror movies. Quite a fun film if you ignore the thin, threadlike plot and only want to see good action scenes.

To take a break from the violence watched Netflix's ''The Half Of It'. It's a decent flick, that is somewhere between a romantic comedy and coming of age movie. Both the leads are likeable. The dialogues aren't that great at times, but overall it's a sweet, light romantic/coming of age/friendship flick.

Edited by IgnisExcubitor

On 19/05/2020 at 21:15, IgnisExcubitor said:

@topic

Glad you enjoyed the Raid movies.

I liked both of them, but kudos for the second one to have a built-up story that doesn't get boring.

Rama is just awesome.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Cicero said:

Prisoners - 8.5/10

This movie was snubbed hard for an Oscar nomination. Mental

Welcome to the Villeneuve fanclub.

@topic

Watched Slow West. A Western with Michael Fassebender, who gets to play the cool cowboy. 

It's sort of a slow burner and visually stunning, where things slowly build up to the dramatic and unexpected ending. I enjoyed it.

The resident Western fans @nudge and @CaaC (John) might wanna check this out. 

Also watched Planes, Trains and Automobiles. Has aged a bit, but quite a lot of the jokes and sequences were outright hilarious.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Watched Hush. A smart, well made situational thriller with not much a story but really good gripping scenes.  A lead (Katie Siegel) who you cheer for and a villain (John Gallagher Jr) who puts a good creepy act. 

They ruined the suspense for me when he took off his mask. So early on too. 

It's the very reason why Halloween, after all these years, continues to have its eeriness. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Insidious - 8/10 I swear ive seen bits of this before but I dont recall ever watching it in whole. Anyways It was great. Great suspense from the start and some good twists and turns. A good level of creepiness throughout, I cant wait to watch the sequels now. I honestly cant remember the last truely good horror movie ive seen, maybe the Babadook. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Cicero said:

They ruined the suspense for me when he took off his mask. So early on too. 

It's the very reason why Halloween, after all these years, continues to have its eeriness. 

But then that would have made it a cheap copy of Halloween.

13 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Insidious - 8/10 I swear ive seen bits of this before but I dont recall ever watching it in whole. Anyways It was great. Great suspense from the start and some good twists and turns. A good level of creepiness throughout, I cant wait to watch the sequels now. I honestly cant remember the last truely good horror movie ive seen, maybe the Babadook. 

The sequels are terrible. Agree on the original.  Good mixture of creepiness and jumpscares. 

Edited by IgnisExcubitor
  • Sad 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

The sequels are terrible. Agree on the original.  Good mixture of creepiness and jumpscares. 

Well I guess thats somewhat to be expected but its still disappointing to hear before Ive even watched them xD

I watched a film called 'The Ballad of Buster Scruggs' last night.. 6 short tales set in the old Wild West... 

Unusual and in some parts slightly amusing but also very odd and dark, I liked it, but again not everyone's cup of tea I am sure, There was even some singing in it and I am no fan of that except in Westerns it would seem... The singing is in keeping with the tales that are told and not throughout the whole thing I might add.. 

Giving it 7/10 because it was unusual and kept me watching to see all the outcomes.. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

I watched a film called 'The Ballad of Buster Scruggs' last night.. 6 short tales set in the old Wild West... 

Unusual and in some parts slightly amusing but also very odd and dark, I liked it, but again not everyone's cup of tea I am sure, There was even some singing in it and I am no fan of that except in Westerns it would seem... The singing is in keeping with the tales that are told and not throughout the whole thing I might add.. 

Giving it 7/10 because it was unusual and kept me watching to see all the outcomes.. 

I hated it 😂

• Haha 1