talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I watched a film called 'The Ballad of Buster Scruggs' last night.. 6 short tales set in the old Wild West... 

Unusual and in some parts slightly amusing but also very odd and dark, I liked it, but again not everyone's cup of tea I am sure, There was even some singing in it and I am no fan of that except in Westerns it would seem... The singing is in keeping with the tales that are told and not throughout the whole thing I might add.. 

Giving it 7/10 because it was unusual and kept me watching to see all the outcomes.. 

I quite enjoyed it and watched it a couple of times. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Fantastic Beasts and Where to find them: The Crimes of Grindewald - 4/10 What a fucking let down. I absolutely loved the first film but dear god this was a large pile of steaming shite. It had a few cool scenes but it was boring, slow and overall didnt even need to exist. Im sad.

On 04/06/2020 at 19:00, CaaC (John) said:

Just watched the trailer and it looks alright and the good thing is I can watch the full movie on our Youtube channel, I can't see it on our Netflix channel.

Yep,  it's available  on YouTube for free. Hope you like it. It's a slow burner. 

@topic

Watched South Korean movie The Spy Gone North and my respect for South Korean film industry keeps increasing. This is one of the finest spy movies out there. It's not an action movie,  but similar to Le Carre's stories.  

It's a engrossing and thrilling,  and the fact that it's based on a true story makes it even more fascinating. 

Watched In the Line of Fire. A good action thriller with Eastwood and Malkovich. 

Also finally watched Lars and the Real Girl.  Absolutely my kind of movie.  Quirky in bits and has the right kind of humor and seriousness. Loved it.

Edited by IgnisExcubitor
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Eco said:

Rush (2013)

Never seen this before, in fact I have never heard of it before, but I love F1, and Hans Zimmer does the music so it has to be good. 

Finished this and I'm not sure how I never heard of this movie before. 

@nudge - are the events presented in this movie real? Did Lauda really resign from Japan because of fear of the weather? Did he really only not race for 4 weeks after suffering his injuries? 

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Eco said:

Finished this and I'm not sure how I never heard of this movie before. 

@nudge - are the events presented in this movie real? Did Lauda really resign from Japan because of fear of the weather? Did he really only not race for 4 weeks after suffering his injuries? 

Yes! The main events in the movie are all true...

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, Eco said:

fuck...me...

I hate I wasn't aware of what a legend Niki was before he passed. :(

I posted this in the Niki Lauda thread when he passed away, so it's just a copy paste.

He just had massive balls of steel in general and his perseverance and "never give up" mentality is what made him a legend.

He cut ties to his wealthy family after his grandfather interfered and blocked him from getting sponsored by the Austrian bank as he wanted to stop him from racing when he was just starting out; Niki went on and took out numerous loans to finance his racing career. 

He told Enzo Ferrari that the car he was supposed to drive was shite.

He told the priest who was giving him his last rites after the crash in the hospital to fuck off because he wasn't dead and that made him so angry that it inspired him to fight harder to stay alive.

He underwent extremely painful lung-cleaning procedures (among other severe injuries) and returned to racing just 42 days after the crash with unhealed burn wounds and still managed to qualify 5th and finish 4th in the race. 

He boycotted the last race in Fuji in the 76 season due to safety concerns; drove only one lap and left the circuit, willingly giving up his championship hopes to protest risking drivers' lives over TV contract.

He stood up against Boeing and made them acknowledge their technical fault after a plane belonging to his airline had a fatal crash in Thailand. To do that, he ran numerous flight simulations and offered to fly on a 767 with two pilots and repeat the scenario to see if the accident could have been prevented by the pilots. 

He came out of retirement and won his 3rd title.

He survived two kidney transplants.

Death only managed to take him while he was asleep.

Legend.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nudge said:

I posted this in the Niki Lauda thread when he passed away, so it's just a copy paste.

He just had massive balls of steel in general and his perseverance and "never give up" mentality is what made him a legend.

He cut ties to his wealthy family after his grandfather interfered and blocked him from getting sponsored by the Austrian bank as he wanted to stop him from racing when he was just starting out; Niki went on and took out numerous loans to finance his racing career. 

He told Enzo Ferrari that the car he was supposed to drive was shite.

He told the priest who was giving him his last rites after the crash in the hospital to fuck off because he wasn't dead and that made him so angry that it inspired him to fight harder to stay alive.

He underwent extremely painful lung-cleaning procedures (among other severe injuries) and returned to racing just 42 days after the crash with unhealed burn wounds and still managed to qualify 5th and finish 4th in the race. 

He boycotted the last race in Fuji in the 76 season due to safety concerns; drove only one lap and left the circuit, willingly giving up his championship hopes to protest risking drivers' lives over TV contract.

He stood up against Boeing and made them acknowledge their technical fault after a plane belonging to his airline had a fatal crash in Thailand. To do that, he ran numerous flight simulations and offered to fly on a 767 with two pilots and repeat the scenario to see if the accident could have been prevented by the pilots. 

He came out of retirement and won his 3rd title.

He survived two kidney transplants.

Death only managed to take him while he was asleep.

Legend.

Legend indeed.

Thanks for posting this (again)...

• Upvote 1

@Rush.

I sometimes go to YouTube to look at that scene where Niki Lauda impresses his wife by racing that fan's car. 

Rush is a class movie.

@Eco you should check out Senna's documentary. It's made by the guys who worked on the Rush movie.

@topic

Watched To All the Boys that I've Loved before and it's sequel To all the boys I still love you.

I don't get the high ratings. While the first movie is somewhat entertaining with the concept of letters, the second one was strictly alright.

Also watched Support your local Sheriff which is a hilarious Western.

• Upvote 1