talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

• Subscriber
46 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

The Platform (2019)

Watched this on Netflix last night and it's bloody amazing. It's Spanish and English dubbed but it's brilliant.

Really good and something different.

• Subscriber

Watched a bunch of movies on my little break:

Creed 1 + 2 - 8/10 Better then I expected for both of these movies really. Creed 2 was maybe a smidgen better even, had you on the edge of your seat even though you know how its going to play out.

Crazy Rich Asians - 6/10 pretty much whatever on this. Awkwafina was funny, the shots of Signapore where really cool but otherwise I could do without it.

Rocketman - 5/10 IDGAF about anything that happend here. Acting was good but thats about all for me, not my taste. Insert any other rock/musician story it involved drugs alcohol and sex. 

Tropic Thunder - 10/10Still perfect. Absolutely would offend the ever living shit out of every millenial snowflake alive today but thats what makes it so god damn good. 

Dodgeball - 8/10 Just as funny as the first time I saw it years ago. 

• Subscriber

Fractured, Netflix (2019) 
It started off a bit slow, then got better but the ending was shite and that knocked down the rating for me, 5/10.   

After his wife and injured daughter disappear from the emergency room, a man becomes convinced the hospital is hiding something.

Initial release: 22 September 2019

• Subscriber

Night Hunter (2018)

A thriller and not bad and quite enjoyed it about a serial killer starring Ben Kingsley and Henry Cavill an unexpected ending too 8/10

A weathered lieutenant, his police force, and a local vigilante are all caught up in a dangerous scheme involving a recently arrested, troubled man who's linked to years of female abductions and murders.

Greyhound

I was really looking forward to this. Tom Hanks is usually a great marker for films and on paper the premise of the story sounded great.

The film had some great action sequences and I did like the way some of it was shot, making you feel like you were on their eye level trying to spot these U boats under the sea.

But aside from the action, it all felt a little bit meh really. Maybe that was one of the problems, there was so much action that it never really was able to build up tension. 

For an hour and a half, it is a short movie, very watchable and entertaining. I just think I expected to come out of it more satisfied but it felt a missed opportunity.

I actually felt the movie could have been longer, that way they could have given us a better depiction of the enemy side to understand the details of strategy better.

I didn't really feel any connection to the characters to really care for them which is unusual, even Tom Hanks came across pretty bland in this film. Nothing like on his past CV.

And the climax of the film just fell well short. I don't think it built up enough emotion over the film for the audience to feel satisfied about it.

The only thing I would say is that Netflix have been releasing some absolute bullshit films recently as their 'exclusives' that feel like proper B movies.

As an exclusive to Apple TV, this had more of a hollywood feel to it and all in all wasn't a bad film at all, it just didn't meet my high expectations.

7/10

Edited by Lucas

Lawrence of Arabia (1962)

I've been wanting to watch this movie for a long time, and finally had the 4 hours needed to watch the entire film. 

Really good film, although the main character, Lawrence, does come off as a bit flimsy at the beginning and rather annoying. His transition after all the events on his journey throughout Arabia certainly is wonderfully done  and keeps your attention. 

I feel like I could write pages about this movie, but I'm exhausted, but there are so many iconic scenes that just makes this a wonderful film. 

9.5/10

• Subscriber

The Call (2013) - 8.5/10

Not bad and I quite enjoyed it, a nice thriller starring Halle Berry & Michael Eclund.

When a veteran 911 operator takes a life-altering call from a teenage girl who has just been abducted, she realizes that she must confront a killer from her past in order to save the girl's life.

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Fury (2014) - 8/10

WWII movie starring Brad Pitt, not bad and the ending is the best of the action.

The ending was an absolute travesty. It went from being one of the best war movies ever to a steaming pile of shit with the last 30-45 mins they decided to put together.... Maybe a bit of hyperbole but the ending was shit. 

• Upvote 1