talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Haha, I saw the trailer and noped the fuck out of it xD 

I can't even explain. I'm sure some movie fancy pants saw the art in it, for me it was just confusing as hell. Then I thought it's almost over and I still had 40 minutes to go. The acting was good, but the movie was just... very odd. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Is that the one where the bloke is put on an island and him and that other bloke end up fighting them creatures??? 

That was one part of it, yes. There was also masturbating, having imaginary sex with a mermaid, brutally beating a seagull to death.... being eaten by seagulls. I don't understand, man. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Tommy said:

That was one part of it, yes. There was also masturbating, having imaginary sex with a mermaid, brutally beating a seagull to death.... being eaten by seagulls. I don't understand, man. 

Well I did start watching it and saw up to one of the fights at the lighthouse but nodded off at some point and didn't go back to it so missed all that.. Sounds like one of those ones that leaves you scratching your head at the end of it.. Can just imagine having to try and explain it to someone at work the next day... xD

• Haha 1

On 28/08/2020 at 01:26, Tommy said:

I can't even explain. I'm sure some movie fancy pants saw the art in it, for me it was just confusing as hell. Then I thought it's almost over and I still had 40 minutes to go. The acting was good, but the movie was just... very odd. 

What do a mermaids genitals look like ?

• Administrator
On 30/08/2020 at 16:44, Rick said:

Knives Out - 9/10 

I absolutely loved it. The plot, characters, script and direction are all so good. Highly recommended. 

Haha no way. We watched this last night xD. Didn't even see your post!

I really enjoyed it too. Not so much a 9/10 but the plot has you constantly second-guessing. I don't know who else has watched it and also played @RandoEFC's Montgomerie Manor Mafia Wars game but it reminded me of that xD (maybe it was Rando's inspiration?!)

Anyway, it took fucking ages to get used to Daniel Craig's American accent. Script-writers/producers clearly knew it would be a sticking point when one of the characters even criticises it towards the end!

I did like the whole mystery of it all. Every time there's a reveal/unravelling, there's another gap that opens which needs filling. 

Nice to watch with the family. One of those films you can just sit back and not get hung up on too much.

On 30/08/2020 at 16:44, Rick said:

Knives Out - 9/10 

I absolutely loved it. The plot, characters, script and direction are all so good. Highly recommended. 

On 31/08/2020 at 20:33, Stan said:

Haha no way. We watched this last night xD. Didn't even see your post!

I really enjoyed it too. Not so much a 9/10 but the plot has you constantly second-guessing. I don't know who else has watched it and also played @RandoEFC's Montgomerie Manor Mafia Wars game but it reminded me of that xD (maybe it was Rando's inspiration?!)

Anyway, it took fucking ages to get used to Daniel Craig's American accent. Script-writers/producers clearly knew it would be a sticking point when one of the characters even criticises it towards the end!

I did like the whole mystery of it all. Every time there's a reveal/unravelling, there's another gap that opens which needs filling. 

Nice to watch with the family. One of those films you can just sit back and not get hung up on too much.

I watched this ages ago for half an hour and switched it off. Bored me to tears when they were getting interviewed.

Then funnily enough today, one of my girlfriend's mates said they watched it last night and liked it after the interviewing bit because that's when the film got going.

Fair comment? If so, I might try again.

Edited by Lucas

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I watched this ages ago for half an hour and switched it off. Bored me to tears when they were getting interviewed.

Then funnily enough today, one of my girlfriend's mates said they watched it last night and liked it after the interviewing bit because that's when the film got going.

Fair comment? If so, I might try again.

Definitely. I did wonder where it was going with the multi-interview scenes and for how long it goes on for but definitely worth sticking with! 

I ended up watching the original Disney version of Robin Hood again. It had been absolutely years since i last saw it and I always said it was my favourite and I'm happy to say it still is. It is absolutely hilarious and me and my 54 year old father were laughing our heads off watching. Bloody loved it. 10/10

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, Eco said:

WarGames (1983)

Absolute classic film, and I did find it rater humorous/sad how the way people stored passwords in the film, is still how people do it today (Spoiler, sticky notes). Great film nonetheless. 

9/10

Loved that film and I think I will give it a bash this afternoon on this laptop with headphones on while the wife is watching her bloody Don't Tell The Bride shite about picking wedding dresses.

• Upvote 1

In The Mood For Love (2000)

I have no idea what Hong Kong looked like in the 1960s but I'm willing to take this film's word for it. 

Such a visually beautiful movie, it just feels like so much passion and love went into making it, filming it, and finding the perfect actors for the roles. Even though I lost the thread of the plot a couple of times, it was so pleasant on the eye that you could watch it without any idea what's going and still enjoy it.

9/10

Edited by Inverted