talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

Moonlight - Intense and well acted film. Didn't involve any rainbow shit and  just stuck to telling this one person's story. 8.5/10

Passengers - It was pretty decent until it became too cringey when it dealt with love in an overly cliche way. 6/10

Elle - Interesting and slight weird French film. 7/10

Edited by 6666

3 hours ago, StefBWFC said:

I think my dislike for the film was 90% driven by James Franco's highly punchable face.

One of my friends looks like Franco. Well, more Dave than James.

Edited by Spike

On 3/3/2017 at 2:17 PM, True Blue said:

Hacksaw Ridge 8/10

Felt they ruined it with some scenes, but overall i'd recommend it.

Yep, I enjoyed that one.

A Street Cat Named Bob (7/10) was interesting enough... not 'OMG' but ok.

On 06/03/2017 at 4:51 AM, HoneyNUFC said:

Bad Neighbours 2. It's rating is low on IMDB but there were plenty of laugh out loud moments so for me it was worth the watch just for a bit of comedy. 

I agree. Wasn't holding my breath but had enough laughs to entertain me. 6.5/10

The nice guys 8.5/10 If you liked kiss kiss bang bang you will enjoy this film. Clever, pretty, well acted and laugh out loud funny.

The man from UNCLE 6.5/10 A film not half as clever as it thinks it is, but has plenty of character and charisma to entertain. Armie Hammer well cast as a piece of wood. Glad he found his level.

Anyone seen the french film Divines? I highly recommend it, I watched it today and it was brilliant. Up there with Intouchables as one of the best French films of the last few years.

Divines - 9/10

Jeune et Jolie - 8/10

La Promesse - 8/10

Respire - 8/10 (directed by the multi-talented Mélanie Laurent (:x), a very good film about toxic relationships)

Moonlight - 9/10 (great film, deserved the oscar)

Oh and @Tsubasa have you seen Toni Erdmann? It's meant to be very good and I was gonna see it at the cinema but didn't get around to it.

4 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Oh and @Tsubasa have you seen Toni Erdmann? It's meant to be very good and I was gonna see it at the cinema but didn't get around to it.

Nope, not yet. Funnily enough, there seems to be more hype around it abroad than in Germany. I haven't seen a single ad, poster etc. for that film. 

18 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

Nope, not yet. Funnily enough, there seems to be more hype around it abroad than in Germany. I haven't seen a single ad, poster etc. for that film. 

Yep huge hype here. Remember a few of my mates posted screenshots of certain dialogues from the movie in on Whatsapp & FB. One of the movies that I will see in the coming weeks.

16 hours ago, Tanksie said:

The nice guys 8.5/10 If you liked kiss kiss bang bang you will enjoy this film. Clever, pretty, well acted and laugh out loud funny.

My sentiments exactly. There were similarities between those two films, though KKBB is just a tad bit better. I was surprised that The Nice Guys apparently didn't do well in the theatres. It has so much potential for a sequel. I loved Gosling in it, though the little girl steals the show.

Edited by IgnisExcubitor

11 hours ago, Tsubasa said:

Rogue One (2016)

Well, it blew my fucking mind. Incredibly done as a direct predecessor to A New Hope.  Wow. And Felicity Jones is a FUCKING BABE! 

That Darth Vader scene towards the end.

9/10

Spoilers you cunt.

The first half was rubbish but the second half was 10/10 need to watch again.

Logan.

Pretty solid 7.5/10.

On a sidenote, saw a couple of Oscar nominated movies the other day finally. Manchester By The Sea...very bland IMO. 6/10 tops. Not sure what on earth the hype was over this one purely on the strength of acting from one character.

And Moonlight. 7/10. Again, not sure why there was so much fuss. First segment was decent, Second segment really good but the third segment, massively boring and underdeveloped. Real shame IMO because it could have been so much better.

football forum

Swallows and Amazons (2016):

Pure bollocks. A shite story, piss poor ending and some of the most irritating characters I've seen on the big screen in a long time.

0/10.

Mechanic: Resurrection (2016):

Take it for what it is and its a great sequel to the first installment. Hopefully they turn this into a trilogy to keep it going.

8/10.

Split (2017)

Here I was thinking M. Night Shyamalan is a thing of the past, and then pow, he produces this gem. Unbelievable movie. James McAvoy should have been an Oscar contender for this.

And then at the end you realize it's a sequel for Unbreakable, and you realize so many things

8.5/10

Being confined to bed allowed me to finally watch 'Gangs of Wasseypur 1' and 'Gangs of Wasseypur 2', and I was blown away completely. Two of the best gangster movies I have ever seen, and the 5+ hours (per movie a little over 2 and 1/2 hours) invested were worth it. The fact that it is based on real events is shocking to know. I can see now why they are appreciated world over.

They are available on Netflix as an eight part series, but I don't know how they have been edited there. If you can find the movies with English subtitles then give it shot. They are unlike any Bollywood movies. These two movies are very violent, songs used as background scores, dialogues filled with nasty language. 

Edited by IgnisExcubitor

Just finished watching Inarritu's Oscar winning Birdman - took me a while to get into it but I was eventually taken in. An exercise in inviting literary and film criticism over the actual plot element, I'd give it 8/10. Cinematography was superb as well, but then, Emanuel Lubetzki was leading that (he did the Revenant, which was basically the only plus point of that film, for me). 

In a supporting role, Edward Norton was excellent, but let's be honest, he always is.